Your most ridiculous irrational fear

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pigeons and people touching my belly button. I have literally slapped doctors hands away

Reactions: 6
Octopuses. Everything about them. The dopey looking eyes, the suckers, the creepy parrot like beak. The fact they can wriggle through the tiniest hole and very intelligent. Thankfully I’ve never seen one in real life and hopefully I never will.

Reactions: 5
Octopuses. Everything about them. The dopey looking eyes, the suckers, the creepy parrot like beak. The fact they can wriggle through the tiniest hole and very intelligent. Thankfully I’ve never seen one in real life and hopefully I never will.
I’m the same, I feel sick when I see their heads flowing/changing shape in the water, plus their tentacles with those circular sucker pad things. I cannot look at images of them for long without gagging. Same with snakes. I also can’t stand worms. I don’t know if it’s because they all coil and writhe about or what, but it proper makes me feel sick. When i see footage of them on a documentary or whatever. I’d much rather watch a video of a shark.

Reactions: 2
When I was little I'm told I was absolutely terrified of the rubber mat in the record player. Whenever it was taken off to be cleaned I would literally run away screaming. No one, including myself, has ever been able to say why!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Even since I heard as a child that a neighbour of ours had died in her attic (from a brain aneurysm), I have been terrified of going into our loft on my own. I always tell my son or husband where I am before I set foot in the area.
Even when I'm up there I am scared of forgetting where I am and falling into the loft hatch by accident. I think about it so much when I'm up there I actually think I might will myself to do it. I find it really disturbing.

I only go up for the Christmas decorations 😓

Can’t remember if I have said this before but butterflies. bleeping posh moths.

• Haha
Any kind of bug with that horrible line pattern on them, so earthworms (the biggest fear) maggots, woodlouse etc.

Reactions: 5
The wind. When it’s so noisy and I can’t hear what’s behind me, or I feel like I’m getting blown over 😂

Ladders in swimming pools. Not irrational I know this stems from an episode of I think casualty where someone slipped on one and snapped their leg in two but know I panic seeing anyone use them and can’t use them myself at all. I’d rather look like a seal trying to push myself up on to the side.
Casualty put me off trains for a long time after I watched an episode where the train derailed and a woman (think it was Anna but it was about 20 years ago and I have never dared to watch that ep again) lost her legs. I was also only about 7-8 years old and it was probably the first time I saw something that graphic so it really stuck with me.

Begged my mum for ages to let me stay up and watch casualty as well but that ep caused me so much trauma.

I thought pigeons were usually too scared of people to come close to them but the other day I was sitting cross legged on a bench in a park and one came up to me and flew onto my ankle and started flapping. New fear unlocked.

Helicopters.
I hate how I can hear the sound of them in my chest, and im always frightened of them crashing onto me or taking me away.

That probably doesn't make sense to normal people, but to me, when a helicopter approaches and flies overhead, I can feel the sound thumping inside of my body.

I always have to hide quickly, preferably somewhere there are no windows, so that the helicopter cannot see me. If there are no windows, I have to crouch in a ball to make myself as small as possible, which also makes me frightened to go outside incase a helicopter flies nearby.

I try my best to only go to two places, Home and Work (I know all the best places at my workplace that dont have any windows), and if I need to go to the shops I will only go to those with no windows, and they have to be in no more than a distance that I know I can get back home or to work quickly, because I start to cry and panic pretty soon after hearing the rotors or engine.

Reactions: 1
When someone pulls a plug out of the socket without flicking the switch off. I brace myself.

Reactions: 3