Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mchammerr

VIP Member
Okay I’m starting again today. Honestly working from home doesn’t help when trying to lose weight, I need someone to lock me out the kitchen. I walked loads in September but my eating was off the scale! Scared to even weigh myself again so I am just going to go off my clothes size.
About to have eggs for brekkie!

Does anyone find when you exercise you’re so much hungrier? It’s like I can’t fill a hole and go way over my calories, whereas if I just diet without exercising I can stick to them quite easily.

Reactions: 3

Eenymeenyminymo

VIP Member
93.6kg 24/08
91.7kg 03/09

Weekends I do struggled with as normally go for breakfast with pals and there’s only full English on the menu, just of various sizes. I have plenty food in the fridge to keep on plan over the weekend though.
91.7 16/09
Not disappointed in weight staying the same for 2 weeks. I’ve had some off plans meals and alcohol. Got a race tomorrow and will enjoy refuelling on Sunday. 7 weeks until my holiday and 100 days until Christmas!

JulesC

VIP Member
Have also joined for motivation, I used to be quite good at eating healthy and exercising but I’ve really struggled with motivation since covid/lockdown. I have a gym membership that I’ve not used the last couple of months (so total waste) but would like to get back into it.
I haven’t weighed myself in over a year but I know I’m the heaviest I’ve been (apart from when I was pregnant). Will weigh myself at the gym tomorrow (determined to go!) and report back.

Eenymeenyminymo

VIP Member
Weighed in this morning at 93.3kg, was 93.6kg this time last week. Had a completely off plan weekend but tried to claw it back since Monday. Pleased with that.
Adding my meals for today:
B - 3 x weetabix, skimmed milk, sweetener and raspberries
L - chicken salad, yogurt and banana
T - gammon steak, herby potatoes, egg and some veg

marjan

Chatty Member
Had a good day yesterday besides getting my period and having a shit load of chocolate late at night 😇
Breakfast: a slice of bread with butter and hagelslag 192kcal
Lunch: 2 slices of bread with a chicken walnut salad and a cup a soup 376kcal
Snack: orange and a muesli bar 170kcal
Dinner: miso noodles with edamame and mushrooms and a side of gyoza 651kcal
Late night snack: caramel chocolate 390kcal
Drank: 1.5L of water and 2 cappuccino's
Exercise: 30 min walk and 30 min bike ride. Total calories burnt was 620

According to my calorie tracker I had 261kcal left for the day which is not too bad but I'm aiming for 500 left

Spoke

VIP Member
I’ve done reformer before, it’s fun! The only confusing thing at first is the names for all the parts of the reformer but they ask if it’s your first time and help you.

However I would say that I ache more after reformer, instead of mat, because I find the warm ups are sometimes rushed. I’m going on Saturday and plan to warm up before I go so I don’t hurt so much after!

• Heart

Dogtanian

VIP Member
First week back on a new diet. After losing a good amount in lockdown, I’ve been trying to diet for the last two years but it’s been slowly slipping and the weights been sliding upwards.
Last week I managed to lose 3lb but I need to eat healthier and substitute the snacks for better options.

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
God this is painful now. After 4 days at 11 stone 0.5, today I get...11 stone. My body does not want to go into the 10s :rolleyes:

JSquared

VIP Member
Hi all! What are the best calorie counting apps to use? 😁
Use the James Smith app to calculate your calories and then amend them on whatever app you use. I found apps like MFP, for example, give you a number that is way too low x

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I’m soooo annoyed with myself. After finally breaking the 11 st 7 plateau I’ve had a bad ish couple of weeks and I’m back to 11 st 8. I literally just want to lose another stone, at this point I’d take 7-10 lbs…actually debating doing something drastic like a shake diet, which rationally I know is really stupid and unsustainable, but I just want to lose this final bit of weight 😔 it’s so hard now the pre Christmas events and food etc is ramping up as well.

• Heart

Lola UK

VIP Member
Yesterday was a write off with food and drink 🤣

today I’ve had -
B - Coffee with almond milk
Rye toast with jam, yoghurt with blueberries and seeds

L - wholemeal pita with chicken and peanut butter, cheese and tomatoes on the side

not sure what I’ll do for dinner! I’ve also been to the gym for 45 mins

I find cutting out carbs is an easy way for me to lose weight but I just love them 🤣

Spoke

VIP Member
I have no access to a gym due to finances but I will walk and run.
I’ve found YouTube workouts are really good! I can fit them in at anytime of my day, and they’re free! I like Move with Nicole but there’s loads if you prefer HIIT style exercises etc. Just put in no equipment/whatever equipment you do have.

motato101

Gained 2lb since going back to work, wfh was definitely much better🙈
Hoping to get back on it properly next week with both gym and food. Managed to get back to the gym this week though which is one positive

pinkmug

VIP Member
Will anyone be up for a January challenge? I bit the bullet and signed up for a 3 month online coaching plan so I'm definitely planning to take this more seriously in the new year
I will. I had other mental priorities so dropped the ball with keeping record of weight loss. I don't feel like worrying about it over the holiday so January challenge sounds great.

• Heart

Felix08

Chatty Member
So my plan for now is to just eat normal
Last year a lost 10kg by just eating 2 crackers for breakfast and 4 for lunch and then for dinner I would weigh some rice/pasta and make a dish out of it. Snacks was a piece of fruit and I would make a small side salad.

Working out Im aiming 3x a week at the gym and riding bike most places.
Would be great to wear a great outfit in dec and not have to worry about feeling fat.

Reactions: 2

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
I've had a frustrating week.
I've exercised some serious self-control and willpower and made some difficult choices around food.
I've kept up my morning walks (4th week now!), and where I skipped one because I needed the sleep, I made up with it with a 6.3 mile walk later that day which tbh I had to drag myself out for and drag myself round, too. I But I did it. Also dragged myself out on a walk when I was tired after work - that was really tough.
I've gained & lost 0.5kg/ 1.1lb repeatedly and spent 3 days the same weight.
I've added on a little extra to my regular walk and added an extra walk once I get to work.
I successfully bought/ ate no snacks at work last week 💪

Nothing has helped. I've actually gained now :(

Starting weight (17/08/22): 114.3kg /251.9lb
Current weight (14/09/22): 110.7kg/ 244 lb
Christmas goal weight (21/12/22): 103.5kg/ 228.1lb

Weight down: 3.6kg /7.9lb
Weight to go: 7.2kg / 15.4lb

TL;DR: 0.2kg/ 0.4lb gained this week

I've been saying since I started that the loss would slow down/ stop and that's what's happened, but it still sucks. I feel like I tried extra hard this week.

I noticed this morning that Libra is predicting I'll reach my Christmas Challenge goal sometime in mid-January now which is a bit gutting.
I can't recall where I am on my plotted weight loss plan, but I might even still be a little bit ahead of where I *had* to be, so there's that.

So I'll press on for another week. I'll keep up the morning walks with the extra bit, I'll keep up the extra walk at work, I'll keep up the evening walk on Tuesday, and I'll keep up the 1x per week extra long walk. I'll keep making good food choices, and keep up the good work avoiding snacking.
Annoyingly I've done something a bit unpleasant to my knee, so I can't even add in something more vigorous for now.

Wishing you all a better week! 🖤
It is so frustrating when this happens, are you drinking enough water? Hopefully you'll get the *whoosh* effect soon.

As for Libra, I use the app but totally ignore the predicted end date, as they change frequently based on your daily weigh ins (if you weigh daily like I do)

• Heart
Had a really erratic food day yesterday, ended up having KFC for tea as a last minute at my in laws too, which was not the plan but hey ho 😂 we won’t count that one…

Today:
B: tea
L: scrambled egg on plain toast
D: chilli beef noodles with tenderstem broc
S: Jude’s fruity ice lolly
E: walking around a corn maize for 2 hours lost with the kids 😂

Cals 1437