Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

marjan

Chatty Member
B: greek yoghurt with muesli
L: sausage rolls
S: digestive biscuits with biscoff spread and oreos :oops:
D: chinese takeout
E: 1 hour bike ride
Cals: 2.025 eaten and 788 burned so I had 419 left for the day which is not too bad

Also weighed myself and went from 83.5kg to 82.5kg almost overnight so pretty sure it was water weight

Reactions: 3

Happy35

Hi, I am 5’3” currently 10st 10 and a size 10, I am aiming to be 9 stone 7 and a size 8. I put a lot of weight on from working away and then Covid, gained some bad habits and have never lost it. I apparently weigh a lot less than I look as people think I am slim, but as you can tell from my height and weight I am overweight. I am also going to start exercising again as I think this is the main difference between the old me and now.

Some People!

Chatty Member
I've had a frustrating week.
I've exercised some serious self-control and willpower and made some difficult choices around food.
I've kept up my morning walks (4th week now!), and where I skipped one because I needed the sleep, I made up with it with a 6.3 mile walk later that day which tbh I had to drag myself out for and drag myself round, too. I But I did it. Also dragged myself out on a walk when I was tired after work - that was really tough.
I've gained & lost 0.5kg/ 1.1lb repeatedly and spent 3 days the same weight.
I've added on a little extra to my regular walk and added an extra walk once I get to work.
I successfully bought/ ate no snacks at work last week 💪

Nothing has helped. I've actually gained now :(

Starting weight (17/08/22): 114.3kg /251.9lb
Current weight (14/09/22): 110.7kg/ 244 lb
Christmas goal weight (21/12/22): 103.5kg/ 228.1lb

Weight down: 3.6kg /7.9lb
Weight to go: 7.2kg / 15.4lb

TL;DR: 0.2kg/ 0.4lb gained this week

I've been saying since I started that the loss would slow down/ stop and that's what's happened, but it still sucks. I feel like I tried extra hard this week.

I noticed this morning that Libra is predicting I'll reach my Christmas Challenge goal sometime in mid-January now which is a bit gutting.
I can't recall where I am on my plotted weight loss plan, but I might even still be a little bit ahead of where I *had* to be, so there's that.

So I'll press on for another week. I'll keep up the morning walks with the extra bit, I'll keep up the extra walk at work, I'll keep up the evening walk on Tuesday, and I'll keep up the 1x per week extra long walk. I'll keep making good food choices, and keep up the good work avoiding snacking.
Annoyingly I've done something a bit unpleasant to my knee, so I can't even add in something more vigorous for now.

Wishing you all a better week! 🖤

• Heart

Some People!

Chatty Member
I’ve eaten all the good stuff so I can’t be tempted 🤣

My healthy eating started yesterday, I just need motivation to move!
Motivation is a tricky bitch 🙄

I find I'm most motivated in the morning so I try to get in a 1.5 mile walk then, either at 0530 from home or I get to work a little early and do it then. That tends to keep me on track for the rest of the day too, so as not to undo that.

I'd love to have more energy, motivation and commitment at a more convenient time but I have to be honest with myself and say I'm really unlikely to do anything much after work, so sneaking around in the wee small dark hours it is.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I need to jump on this thread as I need the encouragement and love the idea of Christmas as a goal
Current Weight 145lbs
Height 5ft 4
Struggling with menopause weight gain and a bad hip

• Heart

pinkmug

VIP Member
Do we continue the challenge here or are we going to have a separate January thread?

(Current weight: 64 kg/141 lbs. I stayed the same since mid October. Not a progress but not a loss either, as I haven't been diligent at all. Would be lovely if I hit 60 kg by the end of the month but my weight plateaus around these numbers so I won't beat myself up if I'm stuck for a bit.)

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Is anyone else trying to lose weight with their partner? my husband is losing weight quicker than me (he's definitely better at self control and doesn't have a sweet tooth or a thyroid problem like I do) and Im happy for him but I also want to have a tantrum XD
Just catching up so a bit late but wanted to say I’ve had this in my journey too 😂 Remember our hormonal fluctuations also have a part to play in our weight at any given time so don’t be too hard on yourself!

Does anyone have experience with those 10.000 steps workout videos on youtube?
I’ve done these before! Good for when it’s raining 😁

• Heart
Start weight 198.5 Lbs/ 90kg 7/7/22
Current weight 182 Lb/ 82.55kg 1/9/22

Today was weigh day for me! I got my 1stone certificate and also slimmer of the week so I was pleased (lost 4lb since last weigh)

I’ve been quite good food wise… I’m used to healthier options. Salads. Not even craving any junk. I can happily take the kids to McDonalds and give it a miss. According to my weekly stats on MFP I’m consuming on average 1000-1200 calories a day… some days are higher than others but the higher ones are generally counteracted with exercise.

My kids are back to school Monday. Hopefully this will mean that I can start getting back to a normal routine and going to the gym again. I haven’t been properly for years. I’d say since the first lockdown really. But I want to get back into it as the gym will be my maintenance too once I reach my target.

Everyone is doing so well! Keep up the motivation x

Spoke

VIP Member
This weekend was an absolute write off. Had a great meal out, and then drinking for hours… spent yesterday eating digestives and watching Tipping Point 😂

uokhun92

Chatty Member
Use the James Smith app to calculate your calories and then amend them on whatever app you use. I found apps like MFP, for example, give you a number that is way too low x
I've just done mine which worked out just under 1600 cals if I put sedentary or 1800 cals for lightly active. Much more achievable than the 1400 cals Nutracheck has set me. MFP always is way too low, 1200 cals which it usually sets me isn't enough, I did stick to it to lose weight in my early 20s but it was miserable.

supertrooper

I’ve always struggled with my looks. The thing that seems to get me down the most is how i’m feeling about my looks and my weight plays a big part. I want to lose around 30lbs for me to be at my goal weight. Any tips appreciated. I find it hard snaking late at night is my biggest downfall and finding the motivation to exercise.
Any tips welcomed and hi all 👍

peppyb

Weighed myself this Morning and I’m 3lbs up even though I’ve been eating well. I’m putting it down to ⭐ week.
B - 1 Slice of Sourdough Bread with Chicken Roll
L - BBQ Popchips (didn’t have time as I was working)
D - Scotch Pie with Root Mash and Veg
S - Caramel Cake Bar and a Double Caramel Billionaire Magnum

Total Calories - 1247kcals

anon0503

Will anyone be up for a January challenge? I bit the bullet and signed up for a 3 month online coaching plan so I'm definitely planning to take this more seriously in the new year
I’d love this! I popped in and out of the main thread and I’ve largely NOT been dieting for around 6 months now - with the inevitable Christmas weight gain I currently weigh 194lbs which is the same weight I was 2 weeks after having my daughter. I’m 5’2.
The mirror is not my friend at the moment but I’ve made peace with the fact that what’s done is done and I can only change what happens going forward.

Is there any specific rules for the challenge or is it a daily/whenever weigh in? I’m struggling to know wether it’s best to weigh daily, weekly, monthly etc? There’s pros and cons for them all but I’m not sure which would be best.

On the plus side I’ve already planned my meals for the week following NYD and I’ll be going food shopping tomorrow so I already feel motivated!

Mickey86

My food and calories today
Breakfast - Tracker peanut and caramel bar 114 cals
Lunch - McDonald’s double sausage and egg muffin & a hash brown - 678 cals
Dinner - Gousto chicken korma with rice - 562 calories
Snacks - a handful of munchies (chocolate) - no idea on calories but I have 222 remaining and won’t eat anything else today

Have re-downloaded nutracheck as think my own calculations may have been a bit off judging by the maintaining on the scales the past couple of weeks 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

Todays food plan:
B: iced coffee, pineapple
L: tikka chicken in whole meal pitta with light mayo
D: hello fresh meatballs and linguini

Total cals: 1770