WLaHL: Christmas Challenge

Should calories be displayed on this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 63 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Yes, but must be hidden behind a spoiler

Votes: 36 33.3%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@shadowcat5's idea! This is a spin off from the Weight Loss and Healthy Living thread where we can check in our weight loss between now and Christmas. I have put a poll so we can decide whether calories are mentioned or not.

Trigger warning: As this is a weight loss thread, there will be discussions of diet and exercise. If this is not something you wish to participate in, this may not be the correct space for you. This is not a space to share extreme crash dieting tips, or promote disordered eating. This is not a competition with each other for who can lose the most fastest, this is a check in where people can share their journey and support each other.

----

Now that the intro is done and dusted, I'll start us off. (I use kg because the scales at the gym use them)

I am 29, 5'5".
Starting weight (May 22): 106 kg/233lbs
Current weight (Aug 22): 91kg/200lbs
Christmas goal weight: 75kg/156lbs

I have 7 weeks until Dr Spoke and I head off to Lanzarote so that's my first mini goal. My weight tracking app (Happy Scale) predicts I'll be about 80kg/176lbs by then at my current rate so that is my target! The app predicts my weight at Christmas to be 71kg/156lbs, but I do intend on eating and drinking my all inclusive heart out on holiday so I'll be happy with a target of 75kg.

Food yesterday:
Breakfast:

Bacon, eggs, red pepper, peas, spring onion scrambled

Lunch:
Alpro yoghurt, nectarine, banana, protein bar

Dinner:
Baked sweet potato, tuna mayo, rocket leaves, tomatoes, olive oil

Snacks:
Sugared almonds, digestive biscuits

Exercise yesterday:
1hr pole dance class

• Heart
Reactions: 20
@Spoke
1) Love your intro, thanks for making the thread
2) Yay, kilograms
3) I want some sugared almonds immediately 🤤

Reactions: 6
Yay. Love some accountability.

I am 26, 6ft 1.
Starting weight: 276lbs
Current weight: 268lbs
Christmas goal: 🎄 240lbs 🎄 (unsure how achievable this is but it’s 18 weeks until Christmas unless my calculations are terrible 🤣 but that’s about 1.5lbs loss per week). Don’t want to go too overboard, if I lose more then great!
My next mini goal is my friends birthday at the end of September, aiming to be at 260.

Today:
Breakfast: Iced coffee (lol, nutritious)
Lunch: crushed new potato salad
Dinner: pizza express chicken and pepper pizza

Didn’t exercise at all today and don’t even think I’ll close my Apple Watch rings 💔 a truly lazy day indeed.

Thank you for starting this thread 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My watch rings are definitely not closing today either, I had a headache and ended up napping for two hours!

I have pilates tomorrow so will have to get up and go for that.

Reactions: 8
My activity levels have been crap due to the heatwave. Desperate for it to cool down so I can do nice walks at lunchtime.

Hey. I've decided to get rid of last Christmas's 1st weight gain (exaggeration - most of it has gone on since then) bearing in mind I was already 4st overweight.

Tomorrow morning will be a week since I started at 15st 1lb, so what's that? 211 lb I think. I've been doing MFP which seems like plenty, as well as around 15k steps per day and hopping on my spin bike --to watch iplayer-- every other day!

Reactions: 7
I’ll be up for this once I’m back from my wedding and minimoon mid Sept 🤍 I’m sure I’ll need some help getting back on the straight and narrow!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m 33, 6ft.
Currently weight 93.6kg/206.3lbs
Mini goal (holiday) 85kg/187.3lbs
Christmas goal weight 80kg/176.3lbs

A few weeks a go I got down to 90kg, but I’ve had a few weeks off with covid, a festival and attending a wedding. Today is a new day.

Breakfast will be overnight oats
Lunch will be a chicken nourish meals from Morrisons
Tea will be spag bol that I’m about to put in the slow cooker

Also planning on taking gym stuff to work and going straight from there 👌🏼

Reactions: 4
OK, I'm in!

I'm 39, 5' 11'.
Starting weight (17/08/22): 114.3kg /251.9lb
Current weight (24/08/22): 113.4kg/ 250lb
Christmas goal weight (21/12/22): 103.5kg/ 228.1lb

Weight down: 0.9kg /1.9lb
Weight to go: 9.9kg / 21.8lb

Oblig intro: over the first lockdown I lost about 30kg (66lb), put back on a load, and now I'm creeping back down to where I was. I started tracking things a bit more properly last week with the intention of weighing in on Wednesdays.
My Christmas goal is pretty conservative (for me) and I view it more as a minimum I could be OK with. I tend to lose this range of weight a bit more quickly than this goal suggests - the real struggle starts at around 102kg.

I'm hoping to try a new cardio class and aquarobics at least once a week (if funds allow) and lots of walking.
Food wise, I'm vegetarian and just a greedy bottomless pit of a person who is time poor and money poor too. I don't tend to track calories, but I have a fair idea of caloric values.

Ultimately I've a wedding to go to next August that I really, really need to feel OK at, so I'm in this for the long-haul.

Reactions: 5
I'm 5ft7ish, 13st7lb, size 14/16. I'd like to get to around 12st and be a comfortable size 12.
My Xmas goal is 12-14lb loss, which is realistic I feel. My first goal is my friend's birthday which is 10 weeks time, I'd like to be 13st or under, again, a realistic and achievable goal.

My issue is not sticking with things, daily weighing which I don't think actually helps me 😅 I'm such a lazy cook, comfort eater and have a sweet tooth

I'm 5ft6
Current weight: 164.4lbs / 11.74 stones / 74.6kgs
Goal weight: 140lbs / 10 stones / 63.5kg

I think it's totally doable by Christmas if I calorie count. My downfall is, I start really well and usually make mini goals (aim for 160lbs then 155lbs etc). But EVERY single time I reach 160lbs, I give myself a day off, which turns into 2, then I lose focus and quit. Before I know it I'm back up at least 166lbs and the cycle starts again.

I'm a size 12-14, hold all my excess fat in my stomach, upper arms and face and have visible cellulite on my inner upper arms which is horrid to see. I'd like to trim down to a size 10, minimum a 10-12. I have no access to a gym due to finances but I will walk and run.

Diet wise, my diets pretty poor. I'm a lazy cook and eater. Bad for snacking and preferring to eat 5 chocolate biscuits with a hot drink rather than eat a proper lunch. I am a pig when it comes to eating sweet things. Cakes, biscuits and chocolate is what has gotten me into this mess and probably why my body looks so awkward with an overhanging belly, flabby arms and double chin! I have very little fat on my legs. I know what I should do to lose the weight, I just struggle to stick to it.

I've been trying to lose weight and eat healthy trying to conceive but fall off the bandwagon each time I get a period!

This forum should be really helpful if I see you all tracking and losing. I posted the above about my fat storage for my own gain. When I think of slacking or "celebrating" 160lbs, I'm going to come and read this and remind myself what I'm doing.

Also, to track my weight I'll be using the Libra app which is pretty good!

• Heart
I have no access to a gym due to finances but I will walk and run.
I’ve found YouTube workouts are really good! I can fit them in at anytime of my day, and they’re free! I like Move with Nicole but there’s loads if you prefer HIIT style exercises etc. Just put in no equipment/whatever equipment you do have.

Reactions: 3
I’ve found YouTube workouts are really good! I can fit them in at anytime of my day, and they’re free! I like Move with Nicole but there’s loads if you prefer HIIT style exercises etc. Just put in no equipment/whatever equipment you do have.
Thank you, I will have a look online and see what will suit me 😊

Reactions: 1
My watch rings are definitely not closing today either, I had a headache and ended up napping for two hours!

I have pilates tomorrow so will have to get up and go for that.
Have you done reformer pilates before? I was thinking of trying a class using it.

I did a mat pilates class for the first time last week and really felt it the next 2 days, particularly my core and arms 😂 (in a good way) so going to try incorporating it into my weekly exercise. I use classpass (love it) as I find I exercise better in a class environment rather than on my own.

I’ve done reformer before, it’s fun! The only confusing thing at first is the names for all the parts of the reformer but they ask if it’s your first time and help you.

However I would say that I ache more after reformer, instead of mat, because I find the warm ups are sometimes rushed. I’m going on Saturday and plan to warm up before I go so I don’t hurt so much after!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve done reformer before, it’s fun! The only confusing thing at first is the names for all the parts of the reformer but they ask if it’s your first time and help you.

However I would say that I ache more after reformer, instead of mat, because I find the warm ups are sometimes rushed. I’m going on Saturday and plan to warm up before I go so I don’t hurt so much after!
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! I may try it out this week, there's a few beginner classes available which is good as I'm clueless 😂

This is a great idea 🥰
Current weight: 86kg
Christmas goal weight: 80kg

That said, I’ve lost no weight over the last month or so but I’ve been swimming a lot and I think I’ve toned up a fair bit! Starting running again once the heat goes away, looking forward to getting back on track 🥰

I did my first weekly weigh in today and lost 4lbs last week! That definitely won't continue and neither would it be sustainable anyway. I'm just logging on MFP (my daily allowance is 1722 kcal) and I have a treadmill and spin bike set up so that exercise is easy.

I'm a teacher and will struggle more once term starts again I think.

I am also a teacher @TartyMcFarty and feel exactly the same 😖 I'm thinkingI'll probably have to really get into meal prep instead of popping little Tesco in my frees