Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
Hungerford has always stuck with me. I'd heard of mass shooting like that in America and particularly recalled one just three years earlier in 1984, when a man went into a MacDonalds and massacred a load of people. Hungerford was the first time it had happened in Britain.

Reactions: 1

skintsocks

VIP Member
Oh, and the lovely Carly. I don't even know why I didn't put her name in my other post. I cried buckets for her and her poor fiance Liam. The lovely girl who had so much positivity, wrote blogs, loved make-up, supported so many other bloggers, never a bitchy post, and she worked with children on weekends. She made them all cupcakes to say a temporary bye for the holidays and then went on holiday. And she died when that absolute lunatic shot all those people in Tunisia.

Louisej3

VIP Member
Tia sharp
Shannon Matthews
Baby p
Holly and jessica
Jamie bulger
Maddie mccann
9/11
Millie dowler

Libbylulu

VIP Member
The passenger ferry Estona killed 852 when it sank in 1994. I’ve not been on a ferry since and have a huge fear of them.

• Heart
I can’t believe what I’ve just read… I can’t even imagine what those poor children went through, I feel sick 🤢.
It’s awful isn’t it?! There is a Turpin sisters interview on a 20/20 special with Diane Sawyer. The girls seem so articulate. I wonder what the other siblings are like now…hope they are getting rehabilitation and love. I imagine the parents can’t understand why they are being punished as they seemed to deem their actions as appropriate…clearly not.

One that always pops into my mind is Rachel Whitear and the photo released after her death. Suspicious as well in regard to if she was the one who injected the overdose.

Kindred_

VIP Member
And I think you can get fined for sharing it. Didn’t the woman out of Shameless share it and then got arrested?

I think he might be in prison now. I’m sure I read that he has asked not to be released.
Oh yeah that’s right about Tina malone!!
I’m relieved he’s back in prison

avabella

VIP Member
Recently I was curious about the young American guy who took a promotional poster off a hotel wall (or at least was accused of it) in North Korea while on vacation a couple of years ago. Last I knew, he was incarcerated in North Korea after confessing (possibly forcibly).

But I was absolutely horrified when I found out he’d since been sent back to the US completely brain damaged in a permanently vegetative state and died days after arriving home.

I really, really hate to think what the North Korean authorities/police did to him for him to end up up that state.
Oh yes I remember this! Didn’t they say he had self harmed or something?

I think she's married with a child now. Goodness knows where I read that though, probably on a site like Tattle!
I imagine their is a lot of involvement by social services. An old work colleague claimed she was renting a house in her street...she was disgusted. Because her house was so expensive and in an exclusive area. Worried it would drag price of her house down

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
  • Sad

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I remember seeing a video shared on social media in the hours after the fire, from two women who lived on a higher floor. From what I remember they were undecided about whether to try and escape or not. You couldn't see the women but they were stood by their front door and you could see the smoke wisping under the door as well as hearing the concern in their voices. I've got a horrible feeling that they didn't make it out sadly.
I always wondered if any of the Grenfell residents had any suspicion of a fire as it broke out but dismissed it . Like could they smell burning but think it was outside/ someone burning food ?

Did any alarms go off? The first thought when an alarm goes off , is that it is a nuisance, not that anything is wrong .

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I have read about this before as he was originally Irish, from Abbeyfeale in Limerick. Such a strange case.
It's one I'd love to know the answer too. Yes, he was Irish originally. My SIL is from Co Kerry, Abbeyfeale is on the Limerick/Kerry border. She said Moriarty is a common name in Kerry.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
There is, it was setup by her parents and is called The Moira Fund. They do amazing work.

There’s a BBC documentary called “The Dark Shadow of Murder”. It profiles Moira’s mum Bea reading her diary entries from when Moira was murdered and covers their charity work.

It’s devastating and I cried pretty much the whole way through, but it’s ultimately uplifting when you think of the positives that can come after such tragedy.
Thanks for passing on the info. Will keep an eye out for that documentary.

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Your poor friend to experience that.

I remember it as my baby was due about 3 weeks later and I lay there crying thinking what kind of world am I bringing him into when children get killed at a concert 😥
My son was born in the May and this happened and the London terror attacks.

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
This one: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/ne...e-middleway-birmingham-crash-inquest-14724670

I'll never forget it. It happened late at night and for some reason, people at the scene had taken pictures of the carnage (before police arrival or tents). The pictures were forwarded to me and they were upsettingly graphic. I'm not someone who cringes at the site of blood but these pictures were horrific. All the people who were died in this crash were ejected from their cars and the pictures showed them dead on the asphalt. One person was crushed underneath the black taxi - blood and belongings everywhere. I got those pictures at 3am and couldn't sleep the whole night.

I was so upset that someone had taken them pictures and even more angry at the fact tha they were then sent to me by a friend. No respect for anyone in involved or their families. I followed the whole case. It took so many twists and turns and just knowing all the different victims stories and how their deaths affected their families and loved ones really got to me.
Did you stay friends with the person who sent you them?