Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tots

VIP Member
There are 3 that absolutely haunt me. I remember the Beslan School Siege https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_siege going on and what those poor children and parents went through, how scared they must have been breaks my heart.

This is a girl I went to college with and I just don’t understand how her partner managed to go on I don’t think I could have https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....n-mcmullan-murder-pregnant-claire-2906152.amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....p/18/starved-boy-mummified-corpse-hamzah-khan this poor angel I can’t even comprehend how bad it would be to be one of the police officers who discovered him.

Oh my goodness, I have never heard of the Russian school siege, absolutely horrific. Those poor children and their parents! Heartbreaking to read, I can’t imagine what they went through

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
wow I find that quite interesting about social services. I’m assuming she was given a new identity but it was obvious who she is.

I always wonder with probation office...are the offenders discussed or just the impact on rehabilitation and say funding work/employment?
I dont understand what you are asking sorry

Kaylon8083

Chatty Member
I've just read about three people getting stabbed (One man sadly lost his life) in the town where my brother lives. It's so shocking and sad because it's a small quiet town where everyone knows everyone and to have that happen is quite alarming.

I'm pretty sure this was a big joke. The guy ended up becoming quite a successful and I think it was just his wynif getting his foot in the door, he was in the papers a few times doing similar 'pranks'
I agree, I read about it again after I posted about it, and it seemed fake.

Sre1994

Same here I've seen the evidence released and am so angry at that man and that woman! We do have a thread for him if you want to come over? So upsetting what those monsters did I think I will always remember this case. 💔
What’s the thread for this please?

Upintheair83

VIP Member
Omg. I have the same dream. Word for word. I've always had it for as long as I can remember, at least once a month and it gets more and more vivid as life goes on. It always happens in a field by my childhood home or a grass verge by a bridge (which I couldn't locate until about a year after moving into my current home, that it dawned upon me, it is indeed very close to where I live).
God that’s so bizarre! Sounds exactly like my dream. I wonder what it must mean? Mine is always near my childhood home, especially in the field opposite to it.
And the same as you- Iv had the same dream for years now, so long that I can’t actually remember when they started Xxx

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
I remember all of those as well

my son was at the south lakes animal park the day of the shooting and I can still remember the fear after hearing reports bird was travelling that way, the whole thing was hard especially coming after the bus crash (which my son and I heard happening)

I find the picture of the cockpit from Lockerbie very poignant as well as seeing the upturned hull of the herald of free enterprise
Oh the bus crash was awful. The car driver was the parent of a ex-teacher of mine. I spoke to him about it years later. The boy who died lived near me as well. 😢

Tots

VIP Member
I read a story in the Daily Mail a few weeks ago about a man in America who abducted women, planning to keep them in some sort of cult with him as the leader. He kept them in his basement and at one point had around 6 of them down there together, torturing and raping them. At one point after realising they could hear when he left/came back to the house, he tried to deafen them by stabbing inside their ears with screwdrivers.

One of the women gained his trust by making him believe she was on his side - she helped him get rid of the body of one of the girls he killed and told him what the other girls had been saying/doing when he wasn’t around. Eventually she had a chance to get help, and some of the girls were rescued.

The other girls hated her as they thought she was as bad as he was, eventually after getting out they realised that she had done it to try and save them. It was such a horrific story, I can’t imagine how scared they must have been.
I read that the other day too but thought I read about it initially on here. There are some real horrors in this world

Choco88

VIP Member
I know there’s always been murders and maybe it’s because we see and read everything so quickly now but years ago if a someone got really badly into debt etc they killed them self (from the supposed shame) now they seem to take out the whole family as well , why???

sorry I don’t think I’ve asked the question very succinctly
I guess if they kill themselves the debt would be passed on to a surviving partner So that’s why they kill them too?

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
In Ireland,
A man who was supposedly deceased for up to 2 days, was yesterday brought to the post office by a relative and the relatives friend (supposedly with addiction issues) to collect the deceased persons pension (approx €200) . The person who served them realised the man was clearly not well and the gardai and emergency services were called.

It'd like Weekend at Bernie's.

Gardaí try to pinpoint pensioner’s time of death after dead man carried into post office to claim pension

Gardaí try to pinpoint pensioner’s time of death after dead man carried into post office to claim pension

I heard a voice note that’s going round on WhatsApp about this earlier today and didn’t believe it until I read that link!

BethanyGilbert

VIP Member
Her mum is an incredible lady, I remember reading about her wanting to visit him in jail and him refusing. So disgusting, to not only rob her of her daughter but also that potential chance at some sort of closure. I honestly hope he never sees the light of day again.
I am sure her mum is on another forum I use.

JOHN1967

VIP Member
Same. Horrible isn’t it. It definitely wouldn’t have hurt how she did it either. I glanced down to see if they were brand new expensive trainers and they weren’t ....not that that justifies it in anyway but I wondered why he was so aggressive and threatening...sadly it’s probably just normal behaviour.
Maybe it's a game, when my wife's nieces were about 6/7 they used to poke me in the back or stomach or stand on my feet, I used to say if you do that again I am going to hug you so hard you will remember it for the rest of your life.

Of course they did it again, my wife says they just wanted a bit of attention.

Sandyclaws

VIP Member
The murder of Michaela McAreavey was another awful tragedy that rocked Ireland. Probably one of the biggest news stories at the time. And no justice done. I was only reading recently that they are looking to reopen the case 💔 hopefully some day she will get the justice she deserves 🙏🏻😩💔
I'm currently listening to her husbands podcast 💔

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
I remember seeing a video shared on social media in the hours after the fire, from two women who lived on a higher floor. From what I remember they were undecided about whether to try and escape or not. You couldn't see the women but they were stood by their front door and you could see the smoke wisping under the door as well as hearing the concern in their voices. I've got a horrible feeling that they didn't make it out sadly.
Absolutely shocking. I remember going home from my boyfriends house on the train, and just seeing the smoke from far away. It wasn't until I got home and saw the news. I cried for those poor people.

Chipstiz

When I first read about James Foley who was beheaded by Islamic state it was truly shocking, I often think about him now
Its horrible how shocking that all used to be but how I just feel so desensitised to it now ☹ I remember seeing stills in the paper of snuff movies isis had made in glamorous movie style. They obviously get such a kick out of it.