Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

openbook1

VIP Member
I really need to stop reading these before I go to bed 😩

One that has stuck with me was Christopher Foster. Not far from my hometown. He shot his wife and daughter at home after returning from a friends BBQ. He even killed all their horses and dogs. They lived in a gated mansion and when he shot them he placed a horse box in front of their gated entrance and blew out the tyres so that no one could enter to try and help. He then set the whole place on fire and shot himself. Think it came out afterwards he was in a huge amount of debt so decided they should all die rather than stop having their lavish lifestyle. How anyone could kill their family and pets I just can’t comprehend
I remember the Christopher Foster case. Horrific. My first bf was from Shropshire and knew Kirsty (daughter) through school friends.

petitspois

VIP Member
I don‘t know either, he was an odd man for sure, but that doesn’t make someone guilty of murder.

Interestingly his wife believed he was guilty, divorced him and I think went to live with their kids in Australia or possibly New Zealand.
I read about that last night and remember thinking he did it at the time. I accept the evidence doesn't seem to be completely clear but the fact that she divorced him makes me think he did it.

Lanie

VIP Member

An irish woman named Sherry Campbell choked on a piece of meat and died late at night after her parents went to bed, she was only 29 and an only child, her poor parents found her in the kitchen in the early hours of the morning. I remember stumbling across this story a few years ago and always remembering it because I have a fear of choking.

I'm quite a fast eater and sometimes would have very small choking incidents until one time I was home alone eating something and then it getting stuck; I remember dashing round frantically and running into the backyard to get my neighbours help feeling I was going to pass out at any moment when I managed to hock the piece of food up. From then on I've always been careful to chew my food and not to take massive bites.

You hardly hear people dying this way but it's coming across stories like this make you reevaluate even something as small as how you chew and eat your food.
She worked with my sister.

SwimmingPigs

Chatty Member
Two men going on a random shooting spree around Washington DC. I remember Sky News showing pictures of a car in a petrol station with blood on it.

Tweacle

He said it was because she kept screaming.

I know everyone deals with grief and trauma differently but his behavior is giving me he’s involved vibes. Perhaps I’ve watched too many crime docs but when I watch and read his interviews I’m getting the ick.
I’ve heard that the husband was strangled too. Passed out and they maybe thought he was dead ?

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
Do you know what it was called, it was such a shocking case. I read the book about it. He was an artitect (sp) and his wife too. They appeared such a normal family. Poor lady.

laughing

VIP Member
Just watching about Suzy Laplugh.

Getting bad vibes from the father!

What do you think happened to Esther? I've only seen bits here and there x

Two chains of thought on this one:

She did not want to settle down with the bf and has disappeared of her own accord

Or

She has had an accident

All the well known ones, 9/11, London bombings, James Bulger..

Another one that sticks in my head is from about 20ish years ago when a nanny shook a child to death - I was young at the time and all I remember is the nanny was shown in court recreating the movement she did when she held the child, I believe her first name was Grace but I could be wrong and she received 15 years in jail. I’ve tried googling to follow up but can’t find anything.
Louise Woodward?

Eureka

VIP Member
I trained at the hospital Beverly Allitt trained and worked at, and went to school with several of her victims. It’s been 30 years and it’s still a prevalent part of the hospital.

Also 9/11, we were due to fly to Florida on the 14th and it was cancelled. I came home from school and my Mum had the TV on, and we watched it together. It was horrific.
Were her victims not babies 😕

50sGirl

VIP Member
Lockerbie for me. I was a child at the time but I remember it clear as day… it looked just like where we lived. The Paddington train crash. Grenfell was another. It was all just so close to home. I was pregnant at the time and I just couldn’t comprehend the suffering those people, those little children went through. Absolutely broke me. There was another one, local to me, I won’t say his name as it’ll give too much info, but I’ll never forget it- young guy fell in the river drunk on his way home one night around Xmas. Found his body two weeks later drowned. Just a normal kid with his whole life ahead of him who walked home tipsy and fell. Gone. Awfully sad.
The boy who drowned, was he just 14? 😟