Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Allthevest20

VIP Member
About 20 minutes ago. I was "talking to" my Mum (she's no longer here) and wanting my Nan to know I'm sorry I couldn't see her since March (she passed away last week and ended up in a care home in May) and that I'm sorry we didn't get to go out for dinner again like she asked me in June - also the last time I spoke to her as she declined after this so even phone calls were no go and visits were 1 person/same person. I feel so bad my Nan won't get the funeral she deserves and that makes me cross.
Lost my 2 leading ladies, ongoing covid shiz, living alone and only in my 30s :( I have 3 relatives left! One is likely to go in the next few years if that long at all.
Just feeling very, very low :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19

Fancyfeathers

Chatty Member
Crying now 😭 it’s my mums funeral and I can’t go I’m at home laid up with a very bad back and rotten cold and chest infection. I’m going to have to make a day when I’m better to dedicate and do something special so I get to say goodbye to her

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19

prozacprincess

VIP Member
This afternoon whilst sat on the beach in the rain. I’m on my own at the moment while my husband is spending Xmas with his parents, and I lost my job the other day.

I’ve also got a shitty cold that is probably making me a bit more emotional than usual.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Yesterday when I was feeding the poor semi feral cats who live at the bottom of the carpark in the local supermarket. There's one really shy black and white one and it's only in the last couple of weeks that he's started to come over to me and rub around my legs.
He was just coming over to me yesterday when a fucking asshole (sorry, but he was) roared into a parking space in his 4x4 with two Alsatians in the back barking like hell.

Needless to say the poor cat was absolutely terrified, ran into the bushes and no way could I get him back out :cry:

There were plenty of other spaces in the carpark so he really did it on purpose. Obviously thought it was funny to terrify the poor cats.

There's a group in the area that looks after them, traps and neuters them, but there are a few of us around that feed them too. The little black and white one is still young enough that if he was trapped he could find a home to live in. Some of the older ones are too feral and wouldn't be able to settle in a home, but I've being trying so hard with that little guy and it was ruined in seconds.
Cried when I got back in the car.
Was there again this morning. He came straight over to me and absolutely devoured two pouches of Whiskas 😻

Attachments

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I cried about an hour ago cos someone uploaded a baby announcement and the due date was the same due date I had for the baby I recently lost 😢

• Sad
  • Heart

HelloStereo

VIP Member
Yesterday when I went for some drinks with friends. One of the bar staff said to the other "serve the fatty" and looked at me.

I'm quite sensitive about my weight etc. I used to be bigger but go to the gym regularly now and lost weight and feel strong and healthy within myself, but comments like that set me back and make me think "what's the point".

• Heart
  • Angry
  • Wow

Gold_7

Chatty Member
I cry every day because I miss my husband who died earlier this year. I didn’t know it was possible to cry daily.

• Sad
  • Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
today. i’ve had 2 miscarriages this year, 3 months apart. i’m undergoing tests and have been in agony since mentally and physically. my boyfriends family have seen me emotionally drained during these times and know what we have been through. today i mentioned something about ‘if i ever have another kid’ and my bf’s uncle went ‘nah just stick with the one, what do you want another bloody kid for, you’re useless with the one you’ve got’ and i dunno it just hurt my feelings and i went and cried in another room. he knows full well what’s happened and he’s taken me to hospital appointments and seen me at my lowest.

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

Misbehaving

VIP Member
Today it was my birthday and it was shit! I ended up having a massive argument with my husband who I thought was going to spend the day with us. (Myself and 4 kids) instead despite being 1 sick, 2 self employed so he can pick his own hours, he insisted on going to work, and basically leaving me to fend for myself.

So no presents, no meal out (ok I wasn't keen on going out but a take away would have been nice) and no time for me to relax (during the school holidays).
I've just felt so upset and on edge and the kids try and cheer me up but I have felt despondent all day long.
Things just blew up in my face and I asked my husband for a divorce (I,m kind of at my wit's end), I don't know if that will pan out or not but I feel like I can't get through to him, that he doesn't take me seriously and generally i just feel fed up. Like stuck in a no win situation whatever happens or whatever I do....I can't get what I need or feel respected or appreciated or loved and it hurts.

• Sad
  • Heart

Sharkfan

I cried last night. I’ve been logging all the times I’ve cried this year (sad I know) and tbh I very rarely cry however this month I’ve cried 4 times. I think it’s because this time of year, especially the week between Christmas and New Year, used to be when my dad would get very angry with me for pretty much anything and so I’d spend the week walking on eggshells waiting for school to start again. We have a better relationship now (he just pretends none of it ever happened) but often at night I think back to how things were a couple of years ago and can’t help but feel sorry for my younger self.
This is really weird but sometimes I’ll cuddle a pillow and imagine I’m cuddling my younger self because none ever knew when I was feeling low and really needed a hug.

Edited to add: I’m aware this is a little weird and I should just move on but sometimes I can’t help it.

Last edited:
  • Heart

What's your point

VIP Member
Every day for the last few weeks as we lost our beautiful dog, he had heart failure and his last few hours are haunting me. My heart feels so empty and I know some will say it is just a dog but he was such a huge part of my life.

• Heart
  • Sad

Kat5998

VIP Member
Today, mental health hit an all time low and this pandemic has made me feel even more hopeless for the future

• Heart
  • Sad
My older sister died from cancer a month ago and was buried only 7 days ago. Today was the first time I've cried since her funeral. But it's not been a proper cry. I desperately miss her and feel bad for her two kids.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16

mee43

VIP Member
Putting up the tree today. Sobbed my heart out. Ditto to much of what’s been said above. It’s a hard time of year. And I miss my Dad so much it hurts physically. He made Christmas for all of us.

• Heart

Sabbie

VIP Member
Well, my dad managed a few more days, but today when my mum was visiting he said he wanted her to take him home. He died a few hours later. My poor mum has been married to him for over fifty years. So yeh, I cried again today worrying about how she’s going to cope with everything.

• Heart
  • Sad

MuzzandI

Christmas Day morning when I was doing the lunch prep. A song came on the radio that my mum used to sing to me when she was walking me to primary school. I totally lost it 😢

I am not usually a crying type. My mum died 21 years ago. I still miss her kindness and wisdom every single day. And now I've set myself off again!

• Heart

hello479

Today, when the reality hit me that I’ve been in an emotionally abusive relationship with a narc for the past 6 months and don’t recognise who I’ve become. Partly tears of relief because friends have told me this for months but the penny has finally dropped and I’ve cut him out my life. Onwards 💪🏻

• Heart
  • Sad
Crying a lot today, my Dog has to be put down this afternoon and I'm absolutely heartbroken. But we have enjoyed 12 years with the most loving, funny and unique dog I've ever met. I'm so glad we rescued her ❤

• Heart
  • Sad