Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lastdis

VIP Member
Today. I have my cot and baby clothes away to a local homeless hostel , today got a hand written note posted thanking me. From a women who had received some of it, no names or details given but she said she asked the workers to get it to me as she she wanted to thank my kindness and say how much it’s made her feel happy that people help.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Littleelf

VIP Member
Yesterday and today I've been a mess. Someone from my past unexpectedly got in contact and we had such a lovley conversation. It felt like home after over 10 years. And now I'm just devastated because I think he may have been the love of my life but its too late, hes married and so am I. I cut off contact with him yesterday after explaining myself and now I'm just really low about it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14

cocochino

Chatty Member
Today. Feeling lonely.

I get like this every summer though. Everyone is on holiday with their friends and family and I'm just at home on my own. I try not to look at social media during the summer, because seeing everyone having fun makes me feel worse.

• Heart
  • Sad

Sabbie

VIP Member
I cried yesterday after hearing my mum cry down the phone because my dad is dying. Broke my heart hearing her pain. I have a terrible relationship with my parents, but I will never forget that cry. :cry:

• Sad
  • Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Earlier on today. I was tidying up and my laptop was playing my liked songs on Spotify. A few years ago me and one of my best friends went to Blackpool, I’d never been before and he drove me all the way there. It was a dead sunny day and we had a proper laugh. On the way back we went and got a McDonald’s. We parked up and were eating and Green Light by Lorde came on, it had only just come out and my mates like ‘I love this song’ and turns it up and we both start proper singing along. I never forgot that day. that was the last time I seen him, he died of cancer 4 years ago in March. Green Light by Lorde came on my shuffle while I was tidying up. I cried cos it reminded me of him, and how much I miss him.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

JoJo76

VIP Member
Two days ago. My cat died in July, and I was looking through pictures and videos of him. God, I miss that dopey boy 💔

• Heart
  • Sad

EllenDeGenerate

Chatty Member
When I discovered that my SIL's , who i thought i was close to, recently went off to Paris with their daughters , and tried to hide it from me. Thats not the bit that made me cry, but the fact that I miss my own sisters so much just- they both died in recent times, so I will never again share such adventures with them.....

• Heart
  • Sad

maharini

I manage a foodbank as a volunteer. Yesterday we had 11 new referrals in one day. More than we usually get in three months. One local supermarket has given us a few boxes of chocolate advent calendars and we were able to give parents with children one for each child. They cried, my volunteers cried, and a local company manager who was visiting to ask what employees could do left with tears running down her face, having given all the mums a big hug. She returned two hours later with a company van packed to the roof with 100 of everything - boxes of biscuits, tins of meat, fresh fruit, and promises of a monthly delivery of donations. I’d held it together till then, but went home to the ‘budget’ and the sheer bloody hopelessness of it had me sobbing all day. I’m going to stop watching the news and start remembering that we generally live in good communities who, given the chance, will support one another. Here I go again… 😢😢😢

• Heart
  • Sad

HelloStereo

VIP Member
Haha it sounds so silly, because it was not a bad thing that happened to me or anyone I know. I guess it was just more of a result of low self-esteem. It was yesterday actually. I was looking at some earrings in a shop. Not like I needed any but they were in the sale and it was Oliver Bonas and I generally like their jewellery. Anyway, out of nowhere a voice in my head said "it doesn't matter if you buy the earrings, you'd still be ugly anyway".

I know it was a just a voice in my head. But then I started to think to myself; am I using this piece of jewellery as a short term measure to make myself feel better about things that are more long-term? I can't magically make myself more attractive and am I hoping by putting these pretty bits of jewellery on they'd suddenly rub off on me? I just felt so hopeless and weird. It seems totally self indulgent to cry in public about attractiveness. I mainly just had tears in my eyes as I was walking around the shop but the inner voice just cut deep as it directly tackled how I have felt about myself.

• Heart
  • Sad

usefullyuseless

VIP Member
A few days ago. I had my first baby during the summer and I recently dreamed that my mother (who passed away when I was young) phoned me to ask about the baby. I don't remember a lot about my mother but I do remember her voice.

• Heart
  • Sad

Nannycaff54

Cried at my grandson getting another reject email and him failing a course which may of helped him get another job. (he has learning disabilities). It cost him a lot of money. Seeing him really depressed and thinking he's useless. He loved the job he was made redundant from.

• Sad
  • Heart

Eureka

VIP Member
Today. My son graduated primary school and while it’s not that big a deal I’m going to miss that groups of teachers and the wonderful principal so much. My little boy is autistic and there were times we thought he wouldn’t be able to stay in a mainstream school but the staff never gave up fighting for him. They are amazing and I will miss them as much as he will.

• Heart
you are not ugly, nobody is ugly, only bad people, everyone decent has attractiveness in some way, ugliness comes from the inside x
I love this Roald Dahl exert

Some Perspective on Beauty
A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”

• Heart

patsy_stone

Today. I found out that one of my old university lecturers was murdered by her husband last week. She was such a lovely woman. I cried for her, and for her daughter.

• Sad
  • Heart

BonBon27

VIP Member
Today. My elderly great aunt is losing her memory and it’s sad to see her decline. Today on the phone she told me to say hello to my mum, her niece, who died nearly 6 years ago. Most of the time I do ok with my grief now, but I find Christmas time emotional and then when something like that comes out of the blue it’s 💔😢💔

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

Yodabest

Chatty Member
Today we'll yesterday but I'm still awake.
My husband has decided he wants to separate. He's met someone else they've been casually talking for a while apparently but "nothing has happened" classic shit Im sure it's not true. Totally broken. Things weren't great between us lately especially the last few months. 4 kids and years of working on our relationship (my side) all for what.
I'm sorry I don't have any real life friends I can burden at this point

• Sad
  • Heart

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
A guy I’d seen a few times and liked a lot and saw potential with just texted to say he doesn’t see it going further. All very nice and civil and grown up and I respect his decision. But it’s still gutting. I’ll be fine, but for the moment, I’m sad and teary. And I don’t know how to reply.

• Sad
  • Heart

Zenchick101

VIP Member
a minute ago, my life man... lost most of my family early on, immigrated to a new country as a kid, divorce, dead beat somewhat abusive cheating dad, poverty, several attempted assaults, one assault, being surprised by two new half siblings from my dad out of nowhere and all by the time I was 20. the past 7 years have been about healing because man.. I'm exhausted growing up was hell. Just why, why didn't I get a simple life?

• Heart
  • Sad

Rodneytrotter

Chatty Member
Yesterday, leaving my 4 year old son crying at school because a teacher told him off for playing in the sand tray whilst we were waiting to go in. Its my fault because I didn't know they weren't allowed to touch the equipment I just assumed they could and I let him. He is very shy and was devastated at being told off. He was begging me to take him home. I cried all the way home.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow