When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So sorry to read everyone else’s messages and sorry to be a burden on this thread but need somewhere to write down my feelings…

I’m having such a crappy week…
1. I hate the job I’m in at the moment, the workload isn’t shared equally and I do a lot more than others. Also the managers don’t seem to care or want to do anything about it. The money is tit too. I miss my old job so so much, keep having dreams about it and waking up sad I’m not there anymore.

2. I have builders in my house currently doing work on the downstairs and every night I’ve come home to their rubbish all over the floor (I accept things like dust, screws and plaster etc but don’t appreciate empty greggs coffee cups and wrappers). They are so disrespectful and know that we are living there whilst the work is being done. It just really upsets me because we are paying them a lot of money and I wouldn’t do it to their home.

3. I’m currently over halfway in my third pregnancy in the last year, he is my rainbow baby after suffering two losses since summer 2020. I found Baby Loss Awareness Week quite overwhelming and sad and I can’t stop thinking about the ones I lost. I cry sometimes randomly for no reason. I’m not enjoying this pregnancy, I’m trying but failing. I worry all the time. It’s mentally exhausting. I’ve spend stupid money on private scans but can’t really afford anymore right now. We’ve had the all clear so far, but I still can’t wait until he’s in my arms and I know he’s safe.

4.My boyfriend told me the other week he’s going to stay with his family this Xmas (we’d already made plans with my family as we went with his last year) so now I’m going to be 7 months pregnant and spending our last Xmas as a couple on my own with my family. We’ve been together 5 years and only spent one Xmas together so far (last year) his excuse is that when the baby is here next year, we are going to be home for at least the next 5-10 years. I’m trying hard to let it go and not to cause an argument because quite simply I don’t need the stress right now. He’s being selfish though.

I know they seem and are 1st world problems, but I can’t stop crying this week. I’ve had enough of work today. Have a massive headache. Can’t wait to finish at 5, get a McDonald’s and get into bed xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Two days ago. My cat died in July, and I was looking through pictures and videos of him. God, I miss that dopey boy 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Yesterday was the 2nd time listening to Stand up (Kick love into motion) demo of Def Leppard, before Steve Clark died from alcoholism, just immensely sad what they could be now if he wasn't at the time I think such an idiot and shacked up with his gf he'd met I believe in essentially rehab for his alcohol addiction.

Though that him living with her may not have saved him at all, but hmmm

Reactions: 3
Last night after I tripped up in the kitchen. Didn’t hurt myself but it just set me off cos I was exhausted 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh multiple times this week!

I am tres emotional 🥲

• Heart
I’m crying right now as I type. My eldest is emigrating tomorrow to the other side of the world and I’m going to miss her terribly. God knows when I will see her again. 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Was practically in tears sort of an intro for their residency Def Leppard again, especially when they told about with Rick Allen haha

Reactions: 1
This afternoon whilst sat on the beach in the rain. I’m on my own at the moment while my husband is spending Xmas with his parents, and I lost my job the other day.

I’ve also got a crappy cold that is probably making me a bit more emotional than usual.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
My mum took an overdose on Wednesday night. (She’s ok physically, just not mentally) She’s slowly been having a mental breakdown for the last 2 months. I was 10 minutes away from taking my little boy seeing Santa when I had the call she was in an ambulance on the way to hospital.
I cried and screamed in my car so much someone knocked on the window to see if I was ok ♥
I’m absolutely not ok, but this Christmas is my little boys first Christmas so tomorrow will feel very bittersweet!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
My mum took an overdose on Wednesday night. (She’s ok physically, just not mentally) She’s slowly been having a mental breakdown for the last 2 months. I was 10 minutes away from taking my little boy seeing Santa when I had the call she was in an ambulance on the way to hospital.
I cried and screamed in my car so much someone knocked on the window to see if I was ok ♥
I’m absolutely not ok, but this Christmas is my little boys first Christmas so tomorrow will feel very bittersweet!
I hope your mum gets the help that she needs and you manage to have as good Christmas as possible considering ♥

Last time I cried was today. I feel silly after reading all of these. Mine was just because I started a new job a month ago and I've been eager to impress but I just feel like I'm not doing well and am constantly criticised. Today my director video called me without warning to go through some work I had submitted. I overlooked one change he had requested and he was going on about how he couldn't trust me to do the work right etc. Ended with him saying "do you have difficulty in following simple instructions?" Just made me feel so stupid.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Wednesday. Sobbed while the doctor examined me and explained I likely have arthritis. More testing to be done. Sobbed when we left because I realised that though I have lost 5st and started ovulating by myself, I cannot carry a child. I am devastated.

• Heart
This afternoon whilst sat on the beach in the rain. I’m on my own at the moment while my husband is spending Xmas with his parents, and I lost my job the other day.

I’ve also got a crappy cold that is probably making me a bit more emotional than usual.
Do you have anyone to spend tomorrow with?

Today, taking flowers to my mum's grave. She was only 60 and was the heart and soul of out Christmas, but now I am.

Prior to that it was 18th Dec, the first day of the Christmas holidays. I'm a secondary school teacher and was so relieved to get through the year unscathed. We've worked as diligently as ever - the only thing that has changed in terms of working conditions is that expectations are ramped up higher than ever before. I went above and beyond to make sure my online teaching replicated the classroom back in Jan/Feb.

Anyway on Saturday I received a stage 1 absence letter. One absence was a day for a PCR, the next two were the same issue misdiagnosed by a GP, but I'd stupidly gone back to work between the two appointments, and the last was seeking treatment for depression - I dusted myself off and was back after two days. The letter was the most appalling kick in the teeth. I really don't want to go back (not least because I've been summoned to a meeting about this) and don't care about my work any more. I was devastated and cried quite a lot that morning.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Yesterday. My sister called me in tears yesterday morning. She has been with her boyfriend for 8 years and still no ring. There are children involved and live together. Their relationship is a decent one.

The pain in her voice and hearing hear heart break on the phone has got to me.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Yesterday. My sister called me in tears yesterday morning. She has been with her boyfriend for 8 years and still no ring. There are children involved and live together. Their relationship is a decent one.

The pain in her voice and hearing hear heart break on the phone has got to me.
Could she not ask him?

Reactions: 2
Could she not ask him?
As far as I know she has mentioned it to him about her asking but he's always told her that he wants to do the asking.
I really feel for her. She thinks he's waiting for someone better to come along. She's been asking herself what she can change about herself to make him ask her.
It's awful hearing her that upset.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
As far as I know she has mentioned it to him about her asking but he's always told her that he wants to do the asking.
I really feel for her. She thinks he's waiting for someone better to come along. She's been asking herself what she can change about herself to make him ask her.
It's awful hearing her that upset.
Aww that’s sad. If they have a life together, kids etc I’m sure he’s not. Men are just well slow and I don’t think some are as bothered about marriage as us 😅 I’ve been with my fella 10 years. We have a son and a flat and I don’t have a ring 😂

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.