Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chunkeylaydee

VIP Member
My husband hasn’t been well. During he was sent home from work as he had turned yellow. I managed to get him to the GP that afternoon. 21 hours later the GP calls to say that he needs to be seen in hospital. He’s had scans and tests. They’ve found a growth.

His consultant suggests he meets with him and they get me in to go through everything.
I was in the bath at the time.

So while I was blow drying my hair, I could feel my phone vibrating. It’s not hubby, it’s not the kids. It’s people are are also known to some family members. Sending me messages that they are sorry to hear about the cancer. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Turns out a family member has been told that he has a growth and seems to have loved the drama of telling everyone. They are now in a huff after I told them they had no right to share this news and it’s not their news to share as it’s a growth and as I had only found out an hour before I wasn’t happy with them. They’re now in a huff with me not realising that we haven’t had time to process things ourselves and didn’t want the world to know.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 33

laughing

VIP Member
My partners ex-wife has covid.

His two kids, 36 and 34 (Lazy bastards) who still live at home with their mother, rang today and asked if he would go and look after them all.

The kids do FA, don't work and are snowflakes

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28

ChloChlo

VIP Member
I had a parcel from Asos go to my dads address by accident. I sent my sister money to post them she decided before doing this, she would open said parcel and help herself to a Charlotte Tilbury foundation and a bunch of other lotions and potions which were not cheap before sending it on. When I rang her about it this morning she said in her own words "when I saw them her eyes lit up so kept them". I fucking feel like taking her on the Jeremy Kyle if it still existed.

Seeing a negative balance on my banking app!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 26

WilmaHun

VIP Member
My Mother in Law commented that "if you don't have kids soon it might be too late". I'm 25. She knows I've had numerous issues "down there" with my cervix including 2 cancer referrals. She is also aware that I am CONSTANTLY panicking about my "body clock" running out and being infertile (it may seem silly to people reading this but I have my reasons for being worried). What an insensitive comment.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Finding skid marks on his dressing gown and underwear when sorting out the washing and his excuse hes a hairy man for fucksake even your daughter can wipe her own arse right and she's 5

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

DreamDolly

VIP Member
This happened yesterday, but I’m still really angry.
I was riding my new horse, and getting him used to road work. I chose a really quiet road that has hardly any traffic. So far so good, he was doing great, and I was really happy with his progress. Anyway, I hear a car in the distance, and we slow down, and I’m still reassuring my boy that he’s doing so well, I’m trying to keep him nice and calm so the car won’t bother him. So, the car approaches us, so we stop to let them pass, but as they pass, still going really fast, this young kid throws a can of coke at us, and was screaming and swearing, and needless to say, this absolutely petrified my horse, and he bolted, with me holding on for dear life!! Eventually, he stopped, and I managed to get back to my yard. Thankfully, my boy was unharmed, and I was shaken, but I’m so angry at those idiots who who purposely frightened my horse, and I could have been killed!! Just wish I’d taken their numberplate down, but if I see them again, then I’m calling the police!!....

• Angry
  • Sad

DuckDuck

VIP Member
My daughters teacher is saying they need to do 100 of something ???100 laps of the garden ( I’m assuming it’s a Captain Tom thing ) ... she also says 100 LITRES OF WATER 😟😟😟... yes drinking ONE HUNDRED litres of water ..TODAY... fucking imbecile...
That is fucking dangerous and I want to put in a complaint

• Haha
  • Wow

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
My fucking husband eating crisps really bastard loudly. I've complained about this before but I want to fucking bludgeon him.

I do love my husband. Just not when he eats crisps.

• Haha

Fancyfeathers

Chatty Member
I know this is going to sound stupid but being in a house with no conversation 😔 i have no real friends to call or message and they don't seem to have time to talk and I've been really lonely since my partner passed away.just a decent conversation would be nice now and then

• Heart
  • Sad

BonBon27

VIP Member
Ooh glad I found this thread, just wanted a rant about something but if I put it on my FB I’ll def piss people off!
Are we in a bloody lockdown or not? I’ve just taken my kids on our obligatory dog walk/scoot around the village. We passed the park. They’re asking me to go in, I’m saying no, we shouldn’t be mixing, we’re keeping distant. In the park I can see three school mums sitting together at a picnic bench while their 7 kids play with each other. At least three other couples are in there with kids too. What’s the point in closing schools if loads of the kids are mixing at the bloody park?? I can’t see my sister but those mums can hang out together??
Not to mention all the families going out to shops together and people wandering around the places that are open just for shits and giggles when it’s not essential to be out. Does my head in!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22

birdiefly246

VIP Member
So!
i appreciate we’re on lockdown and everyone is missing their family, HOWEVER! my boyfriend has facetimed his parents every night for the last week and does it intentionally when I mention I’m bored so that I can be in on the call with no excuse, so I usually have to sit there for 30-90 minutes grinning into a small screen and dying for the call to end. We have JUST gotten in from an hour long run (i know it’s late but yno) and as soon as we get in the door, his dad facetimes him! I refused to be on camera due to my red face and need for a shower and received quiteeee a few passive aggressive comments because I wouldn’t be in on the call, but surely after a week of facetime calls with no developments in either of our personal life’s, another one was surely abit excessive!! We live in a small apartment so I went for a “shower” (aka 10 min shower and 55 minute stand in the bathroom on my phone) until the call ended and I have just been confronted on why i’ve avoided speaking to his parents.

I know they miss him but before the last few months they never even bothered with him! I do like his parents and love speaking to them when we have things to say but I’m tired of facetiming them every night for no reason, am I bad person?:(
no you're not. No offence but they aren't your parents? Why are you expected to show up to every call? If he wants to talk to them that's fine but what's it got to do with you. As long as you say hi why doesn't matter? Have you asked him why he's so thing about you being there?
Also you're hardly 'avoiding speaking to them' if you've spoke to them every night this week!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Belulah

VIP Member
Everyone in my department and year group got shout outs during staff briefing—apart from me. I was crying to my mum saying how unappreciated I felt. My mic was on so all my year group (staff and students) heard. I’m so embarrassed.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

rosdene09

So!
i appreciate we’re on lockdown and everyone is missing their family, HOWEVER! my boyfriend has facetimed his parents every night for the last week and does it intentionally when I mention I’m bored so that I can be in on the call with no excuse, so I usually have to sit there for 30-90 minutes grinning into a small screen and dying for the call to end. We have JUST gotten in from an hour long run (i know it’s late but yno) and as soon as we get in the door, his dad facetimes him! I refused to be on camera due to my red face and need for a shower and received quiteeee a few passive aggressive comments because I wouldn’t be in on the call, but surely after a week of facetime calls with no developments in either of our personal life’s, another one was surely abit excessive!! We live in a small apartment so I went for a “shower” (aka 10 min shower and 55 minute stand in the bathroom on my phone) until the call ended and I have just been confronted on why i’ve avoided speaking to his parents.

I know they miss him but before the last few months they never even bothered with him! I do like his parents and love speaking to them when we have things to say but I’m tired of facetiming them every night for no reason, am I bad person?:(

• Sad
A member of SLT decided to send an instruction for an urgent 3 hour job at one minute to my finishing time. And they knew, they knew alright - because they did the simpering 'sorry it's a bit late' with a 'PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE YOU'VE RECEIVED THIS' chaser.

Unfortunately, I have experienced a sudden loss of network connectivity. I'm not paid to work next week. So their incredibly urgent thing is going to have to wait for ten days. (Not related to safeguarding, so it isn't hurting anybody).

The same person sends around trite little emails saying that staff should observe appropriate boundaries in not sending emails outside working hours/at weekends/during holidays. Well, here's my boundary, sunshine.

• Heart
  • Haha

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I'm probably going to sound so pathetic here but my boyfriend of 7 years has pissed me off. His mate is always moaning to him about his girlfriend "not putting out like she used to" (which winds me up anyway as they have three kids together so perhaps she's just tired from raising your kids and doesn't want a shag every day!!! but that's another matter). Anyway, I've always made it clear to my o/h that I find that really disrespectful and to be fair to him he normally agrees and says he just laughs along etc. I found out that after we'd done the deed on Saturday night he text his mate with a thumbs up emoji and "no dry patches for me". (He told me about the text, I didn't go through his phone). I just find it really disrespectful and childish! They're both in their late 20s and ought to grow up!!

• Angry
  • Sick

glasgow27

VIP Member
Being told by a family member that I should buy an exercise bike because I need to lose weight. Mind your own business!

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad

Crunky_Snack

Ok this isn’t something that’s ‘pissed me off’ but bare with me!

I’ve just been scrolling through a random thread, reading responses etc and someone’s username caught me riiiight off guard. Basically there’s an account on here and the username is very unique/random, something that doesn’t make much sense and certainly isn’t anything I’ve seen or heard before. It sent shivers down my spine because that username happens to be the password that I’ve used for LITERALLY every single email/Facebook/social media/online account I’ve ever had. Since I was 11 years old. I can’t think of a single password I’ve created in the last 15 ish years that is any different! Guys I’m so spooked 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 20