What’s annoying you right now?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not pissed me off as such, mildly irritating, but my boyfriend won't drop me off in the mornings.

I don't drive and wake up at 6am to start at 8:30. I have to walk 15 minutes to get a bus at 6:40 and sit on it for 45 to get to a station, sit on the train for 10 minutes and then walk 25 minutes. It's a 23 minute drive when i get dropped off 🙄 and It's really not that bad of a commute when I'm up and doing it, but today I woke up late at 7 and he wouldn't drop me off. He was awake and out of bed but wasn't going to work. I had to get an uber.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
If I hear “but you’re just part time” or “you weren’t here when we discussed it” again I might go full Patrick Bateman. The job was advertised as part time - if I can’t manage the workload the job entails in the amount of time that you’ve determined then you need to review this. It’s not a performance management issue, it’s a volume of work and obsolete, ineffective working practice issue that you won’t change

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Just read in the news that some local councils in England have not distributed their share of £1.6bn in emergency government grants to help local small businesses get through the current pandemic/lockdowns.

Councils are dragging their feet and are not answering questions to ministerial investigations :mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Being told by a family member that I should buy an exercise bike because I need to lose weight. Mind your own business!

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Have the worst headache today and I cant deal with these neighbours anymore. I swear they sit right up against my wall and screech into the phone?! I can hear both their conversation and whoever they are speaking to. Please just shut up 😭

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Being told by a family member that I should buy an exercise bike because I need to lose weight. Mind your own business!
Agreed. Plus, people are so insensitive. I remember when I was about 13 I went downstairs in my pyjamas and my mum had a male friend round. He looked at me and went "you used to be so slim. Now you are getting a bit plump". My mum smiled gleefully and said afterwards that she was going to stick up for me but looked at me and realised it was true.

I also had a man walk really close to me in a supermarket when I was younger too and whispered "big girl" at me. I was already sensitive about it becasue of comments my mum and her friends had made when I was little, and it gave me a complex for years about it.

In short I agree. People do need to mind their own business!

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Agreed. Plus, people are so insensitive. I remember when I was about 13 I went downstairs in my pyjamas and my mum had a male friend round. He looked at me and went "you used to be so slim. Now you are getting a bit plump". My mum smiled gleefully and said afterwards that she was going to stick up for me but looked at me and realised it was true.

I also had a man walk really close to me in a supermarket when I was younger too and whispered "big girl" at me. I was already sensitive about it becasue of comments my mum and her friends had made when I was little, and it gave me a complex for years about it.

My Mum once told me 'you looked like you were wearing a fat suit,' in reference to the last time I'd been to see her.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
my father sending me job ads when i already have a job (which he doesn't like)

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
That's awful. I used to get it on the other end of the scale when I was a teenager. I was super super skinny, looking back I was probably too skinny. Medalling Aunts used to tell me I "needed a good meal" or "do you ever eat?". Used to really wind me up. Keep your nose out! Somebody elses weight is nobodies business but their own, whether they're skinny, slightly larger, whatever!

I hope you told them that you'll ram a bike up their arse if they don't get their nose out your business!

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I’m not surprised! That man’s behaviour was super disturbing and your mum behaved terribly!

Reactions: 5
I’m not surprised! That man’s behaviour was super disturbing and your mum behaved terribly!
Yeah I was thinking about it recently and now that I'm older I can understand how inappropriate it was. He was in his 40s and what sort of man in his 40s comments on a thirteen year-old girl's body? I thought my mum would have stuck up for me but it made her the happiest I'd seen her in a while.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
My boyfriend. For some reason he just refuses to use or look at a map anywhere we go. Claims he's looked at it earlier and can remember the route - so literally anywhere we go we get lost / take the wrong turning / end up walking miles and miles more than we need to. Today we were taking the dog for a walk and he said he knows a new route, ended up down 4 roads which were dead ends and then couldn't get to the final destination because there was a duck off river in the way. Not frustrating at all:cautious:

• Sad
I do this all the time, especially when washing black clothing!
Same here...and it leaves horrible fibres ...at least on light stuff you can give it a shake and carry on. Instead I have to pic the bits out of machine, shake and put on a rinse cycle . Super annoying.

Reactions: 1
Same here...and it leaves horrible fibres ...at least on light stuff you can give it a shake and carry on. Instead I have to pic the bits out of machine, shake and put on a rinse cycle . Super annoying.
Yeah and it makes such a mess everywhere. On the bright side, at least you don't regularly accidentally wash money you've left in your pockets 😹

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Boyfriend last night decided to surprise me by picking me up as he'd been a nob head yesterday morning and he felt bad. I left work and got an uber home straight away obviously missing him ... 🙄

This morning he failed to give me a lift AGAIN so I got an uber. My uber driver was the nicest ever. I'm not relying on the bf ever again for lifts to work as he's pretty bleeping useless 🤬

• Sad
I remember when my dad's partner told me to stop stuffing my face because I'm fat. I was only just overweight and it's none of her business, not even family.

It's so rude and uncalled for!! Take no notice, keep doing what you want to do. I think it's disgusting for anyone, family or not to make comments about someone's weight.

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.