What’s annoying you right now?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We all know one...

I understand it's coming from a place of insecurity, but it's time to take a step back. Today I shut the fucker down! Pissed me off, because there's absolutely no need, for my own achievements to be constantly overlooked, because of their self-esteem issues

Reactions: 5
Nipped to corner shop, forgot mask 🤦. Big sign saying masks must be worn 😷. Maskless shop keeper coughing all over sweet section😡

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
My local M&S. Suddenly everyone working in there isn't wearing a mask and is wearing a sunflower lanyard 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Boss has gone for a nap upstairs in one of the interview rooms whilst I'm sat down here with 4 lines waiting on the phones lol.

He puts 4 chairs next to eachother and lays across them, has a pillow which he keeps in his office specifically for his naps too.... Prick.
He's gone for a bleeping nap again!!! It wouldn't piss me off so much if he did it within his lunch hour as we close the office between 1pm and 2pm for lunch. But no, this prick went upstairs at 13.50!

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
He's gone for a bleeping nap again!!! It wouldn't piss me off so much if he did it within his lunch hour as we close the office between 1pm and 2pm for lunch. But no, this prick went upstairs at 13.50!
I’m sorry that’s not on! Is there anyone above him you can tell? If he’s not fit to last the day without a nap he shouldn’t be in work!

Reactions: 2
I’m sorry that’s not on! Is there anyone above him you can tell? If he’s not fit to last the day without a nap he shouldn’t be in work!
He runs this office so there's nobody here I can tell. I could go to the partner of the firm. I'm just worried because it's only me and him in (it's a tiny office and the part timers are on furlough, they were back for 1 day a week but they're on full furlough again). I'm worried if I go to the partner and complain he will just make it horrible for me being here with him on my own!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
He runs this office so there's nobody here I can tell. I could go to the partner of the firm. I'm just worried because it's only me and him in (it's a tiny office and the part timers are on furlough, they were back for 1 day a week but they're on full furlough again). I'm worried if I go to the partner and complain he will just make it horrible for me being here with him on my own!
Just make lots of noise to wake him up .

Reactions: 4
A member of SLT decided to send an instruction for an urgent 3 hour job at one minute to my finishing time. And they knew, they knew alright - because they did the simpering 'sorry it's a bit late' with a 'PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE YOU'VE RECEIVED THIS' chaser.

Unfortunately, I have experienced a sudden loss of network connectivity. I'm not paid to work next week. So their incredibly urgent thing is going to have to wait for ten days. (Not related to safeguarding, so it isn't hurting anybody).

The same person sends around trite little emails saying that staff should observe appropriate boundaries in not sending emails outside working hours/at weekends/during holidays. Well, here's my boundary, sunshine.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Someone used the word “ch1nkies” to describe Chinese takeaway. I’ve seen it before loads of times and usually just move on with my life but today is Lunar New Year and I’m not putting up with that. I reported it and think it’s been removed.

And if you still use this word because it’s what you’ve always done or that’s the word used in your local area, I implore you to just have a rethink. If you didn’t know it was offensive (and plain racist really) then I am telling you now that it is horrible. I’m not judging you for what you may not have known, but you know now.

This is the casual racism that is often not picked up during face-to-face conversations. I’ve been guilty of letting it slide because I’m either too shocked or just too embarrassed.

Right now I’m just super pissed off. Pissed off to have to say this in 2021. Pissed off for all the times I’ve never said anything in the past.

I bet some people are reading this thinking I’m making a big deal out of nothing. And I don’t know what to say to that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Someone keeps parking in my space despite me leaving angrier and angrier notes on their windscreen. It’s been going on for a week and every night has become a race to get home before them. I haven’t managed it yet. Its infuriating.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Someone used the word “ch1nkies” to describe Chinese takeaway. I’ve seen it before loads of times and usually just move on with my life but today is Lunar New Year and I’m not putting up with that. I reported it and think it’s been removed.

And if you still use this word because it’s what you’ve always done or that’s the word used in your local area, I implore you to just have a rethink. If you didn’t know it was offensive (and plain racist really) then I am telling you now that it is horrible. I’m not judging you for what you may not have known, but you know now.

This is the casual racism that is often not picked up during face-to-face conversations. I’ve been guilty of letting it slide because I’m either too shocked or just too embarrassed.

Right now I’m just super pissed off. Pissed off to have to say this in 2021. Pissed off for all the times I’ve never said anything in the past.

I bet some people are reading this thinking I’m making a big deal out of nothing. And I don’t know what to say to that.
yeah I agree, I teach international students and on a few occasions (not many thank god) I have been confronted with racism (not exactly racist language but sentiments) and I have been so shocked I haven't even reacted and just moved on. I really wish I had

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Taken on a new client at work, someone in the team is a grade A twunk and keeps ranting about not receiving emails (which he replies to) and that he wishes to make a formal complaint because he doesn’t like the way I do things. His boss has told him to shut it but he keeps sending me massive emails mentioning his FORMAL COMPLAINT and how he expect a response and just a load of waffle to make him sound important. Mate I am self employed, I don’t have a complaints procedure and I listen to your boss not you, they pay my bill.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Taken on a new client at work, someone in the team is a grade A twunk and keeps ranting about not receiving emails (which he replies to) and that he wishes to make a formal complaint because he doesn’t like the way I do things. His boss has told him to shut it but he keeps sending me massive emails mentioning his FORMAL COMPLAINT and how he expect a response and just a load of waffle to make him sound important. Mate I am self employed, I don’t have a complaints procedure and I listen to your boss not you, they pay my bill.
That’s very annoying. Some people are just generally difficult.

My line manager is an arse. Luckily WFH at the moment means we don’t see or speak much. Just the odd pointless Teams meeting now and again. She is the type to use big words (THAT SHE DOESNT KNOW THE MEANING OF AND USES INCORRECTLY!!!) to make herself sound intelligent but she is a actually quite dumb and got promoted into a higher position a few heats after starting then has been in that position for 20 now. There is a reason you haven’t moved up my dear

Reactions: 6
Diverticulitis
It was like draining an old radiator yesterday
Slight pain today , I’m not holding out hope , it was ‘slight ‘ yesterday morning until I was doubled up

• Heart
  • Sad
😩 Just saw a man gobbing on the pavement. It enrages me even more so now we are living in and trying to adapt to a world with C19. I feel pure blood vessel bursting rage when I see someone spitting in the street 🤬

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
I got everything prepped to start painting my hallway and realised my new roller is too wide to fit in the paint tray!

I've had to innovate and cover a dinner tray in clingfilm to use as a tray for now. 😂

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.