What’s annoying you right now?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to interrupt the conversation but I honestly just need a rant.
These professors from a top university literally cannot string a coherent sentence together without going off topic or saying 'uhm' and pausing constantly. It's taking me 5 years to watch one lecture because half of it is just 'uhm' and me getting confused about the actual point being made. Their handouts for these lectures and the power points themselves are also very very bare and make hardly any sense. The essential reading isn't even a full overview of the actual topic.
I genuinely just can't believe how poor quality it is and the fact that they either had no complaints about it, or chose to ignore those complaints.

I'm not the biggest fan of the lecturer blatantly reading the lecture notes either but man at least that's actually educational and easier to follow than... uhm... ah... whatever... uh... whatever this is.

Reactions: 4
i live in an apartment block so we have a sort of "room" to put rubbish in, yet people still dump rubbish outside, matresses, sofas etc.... how hard is it to open the communal bin and throw it there?!
Pure laziness. Really pissed me off. She’s put two there now! We are gonna have to pay to move them.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
My other half is so bleeping lazy, I’ve done loads of tidying, uni assignment, washing etc today and all he’s done is sat staring at his phone. I asked him to help me get the tv on the wall as I don’t want it on the unit now as it’s too low and he’s just sat on his lazy arse doing bugger all

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I pissed myself off today. I struggled to get going as I had been awake most of the night and it wasn’t until 4pm that I decided to start working on a project. I did do quite a lot then but I feel like I wasted much of the day.

I’m heading to bed, have an alarm set and a list of things I want to do tomorrow so that I don’t piss myself off again 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Told my boss I don’t feel safe driving to work due to the snow (it’s a 10 mile drive and my usual route has been closed so I’d have to take a diversion which adds 5 miles). He asked me if I’d attempted it and if not to at least try first. I replied saying no I don’t feel safe and worried about getting home as well as the snow is still coMing down thick, he said “I’ll have to manage then”.....

• Angry
Reactions: 7
I’m moving today, it’s snowing and my buyer pulled out last night. Mortgage and a rent to pay.... excellent. 😡

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
The story of 2 guys, one from Leicester and one from Liverpool travelling to the Lake District to wild camp. (Bad enough)

One had chest pains so called Mountain Rescue. During the call (at 3am), one of the MRT lads slipped and fell and has suffered life changing injuries.

I am livid.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Everyone in my department and year group got shout outs during staff briefing—apart from me. I was crying to my mum saying how unappreciated I felt. My mic was on so all my year group (staff and students) heard. I’m so embarrassed.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
The story of 2 guys, one from Leicester and one from Liverpool travelling to the Lake District to wild camp. (Bad enough)

One had chest pains so called Mountain Rescue. During the call (at 3am), one of the MRT lads slipped and fell and has suffered life changing injuries.

I am livid.
This has been on my mind since I first heard about it.

I hope those 2 people are utterly ashamed of themselves and I hope the team member recovers quickly.

We live in the shadow of one of the Yorkshire 3 peaks and it still blows my mind how people still don't appreciate the dangers and ever changing weather of winter on high ground.

They also certainly don't appreciate the time and effort and risk put in by volunteer MRT/CRO teams.

I'm livid with you.

Reactions: 10
Everyone in my department and year group got shout outs during staff briefing—apart from me. I was crying to my mum saying how unappreciated I felt. My mic was on so all my year group (staff and students) heard. I’m so embarrassed.
Are you staff or a student?

Reactions: 1
Someone who I am working closely with on a time-critical project needs constant reassurance that she is doing a great job. Without meaning to sound awful, I would expect more from a professional contractor - especially given the importance of this piece of work needing to get done without any avoidable issues.

Last week during a meeting with a vendor, she was assigned an action point, to which she commented to the attendees that she didn't know if she was the right person for that task as she doesn't know how long she'll be on the project given she isn't sure she's doing a good enough job (completely inappropriate, and everyone sort of mock laughed it off in surprise). I made a point of telling her after the meeting that yes, she is doing a stellar job, and she is appreciated.

After mulling over things on the weekend, today I suggested we start each day with a 5 minute debrief covering what we did the previous day, any concerns about what's coming up today, general feedback and Qs and As (thinking this would be a good approach); she assumed this meant I had bad things to say and burst into tears before going home sick. Aaaargh - it's so frustrating. I should be focused 100% on what I need to get done but instead I'm worried about her welfare. I have a virtual call with the Project Director tomorrow at which point I will have to raise it as a concern.

Reactions: 3
I feel bad for you, best thing to do is pretend it never happened.

Least said soonest mended etc.

Reactions: 6
Ah, I've just seen you said it was a staff briefing, so you weren't a student.
I’m staff. Just felt quite upsetting because we had OFSTED last week and I poured so much energy into it- I just wanted a rant but unfortunately in my haste to whinge to my mum I had entered the year group assembly Google Meets but not muted my mic. I was throwing my toys out the pram.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
The lad I was seeing. It came to a massive blow last night, in turn, has ended the "relationship" and although we are both at fault in different ways, I'm pissed off at him still. Stupid twit.

• Haha
  • Heart
The woman up the road who bought a puppy for xmas. She’s letting the 9 or 10 year old kid walk it. It’s wild. Jumping around, barking at other dogs. He’s literally running up and down the street with this dog, four times a day. It’s driving me dull.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Flipping ice ... I love the snow I can walk in snow but the side roads are icy
What should have been a 5 minute walk turned into nearly 15 and slipping over 3 times AND my council tax will probably be going up
My son did the same walk and slippped twice
My dog hasn’t been walked all weekend because I do it EVERY weekday and refuse to do it weekend when my husband and daughter are home but neither of them will do it
I DIDNT EVEN WANT THE bleeping DOG , I DONT EVEN LIKE THE bleeping DOG , but to not walk it is neglectful
He wanted the thing and they BOTH promised they’d walk it because the last dog we had was left to me all the time and I didn’t want to do it with another dog
I SHOULD give it back to the rescue but I know my husband would forever resent me , would probably be the icing on the cake , make it bleeping unbearable to live here so will my daughter and one of us will leave
I’m sick to death of the dog and the ice
I got my ironing out earlier , ironing board and hangers to find THE DOG HAD EATEN THE bleeping PLUG
‘ oh yeah ‘ , says ‘ I was supposed to do that at the weekend’ so he KNEW the dog had eaten it but did nothing but lay horizontally on the settee all weekend because his job is stressful and I’m stressful to live with because I bleeping moan all the time
I have 2 more loads of washing to do , so that will make 3 baskets of ironing to do

• Heart
One of my candidates asked for a review of his work. Not really supposed to do it but did him a favour, he didnt like the advise I gave him and said he wanted a zoom meeting with me at 4pm tomorrow.
Told him I could spare him 15 minutes on phone at 2.30 instead. Why ask for advise and then say its not what they wanted.
Im just going to let him submit and be rejected for shoddy work.
I just walked away from the desk and am taking an extended lunch break before I tell one of them where to go.

• Haha
Told my boss I don’t feel safe driving to work due to the snow (it’s a 10 mile drive and my usual route has been closed so I’d have to take a diversion which adds 5 miles). He asked me if I’d attempted it and if not to at least try first. I replied saying no I don’t feel safe and worried about getting home as well as the snow is still coMing down thick, he said “I’ll have to manage then”.....
why the hell would you attempt something you don't find safe?! Some bosses are just idiots, it is their job to manage things!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.