Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jaymie

VIP Member
Not pissed off but more of an disappointment, I didn't get the job I applied for...Just wanted to rant:cautious:

• Sad
Reactions: 20

hereforthedrama1

Chatty Member
Went a walk with my mum today, went past a play park full of kids and all the parents swarmed together around a table (about 20 of them) and my mum says 'aww, that's nice to see'. We (in the UK) are supposed to be in a national lockdown, the government have specifically made it ILLEGAL for gatherings of more than 2 people outside. I'll say before I get slated, I have never seen an issue with however many people gathering outside as they always bang on about how low transmission rates are outdoors but it is currently illegal and everyone know you shouldn't be doing it. So how is seeing reems of kids and parents gathering the best thing ever but if they were a group of single, young adults or, heavens forbid, teenagers everyone would be up in arms and the police would be rang left right and centre? Just last night someone decided to post on the 'community' Facebook page about a group of teenagers just standing in the village playing music. How was that not okay but massive gatherings of kids and people with kids are? I just feel like, England especially, has turned into a country that only cares about kids and those who have kids, fuck the rest of us we don't exist. England is meant to be my home, but as a single young adult it doesn't feel like my home wants me anymore.

• Heart

MrsWolf

VIP Member
My friend had a baby last weekend and I posted a big bundle of teddies/clothes/nappies etc as a little gift as I can’t see her. I sent it recorded delivery and was notified that it was delivered... she’s spoken to me every day this week and hasn’t said thank you even though I know she’s received it 🙃

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad

ChubsterMcGubster

Yeah, I ignore her when she rings just me. But my fella answers. They are super close. It makes me cringe admitting it but he has a Mum tattoo 🥴 proper Mummys boy. It does my head in 😂
My MIL means well, but every day Monday - Friday when I’m working I get a text saying things like “work hard, keep steady, get lots of work done” etc, and then on a Wednesday she’ll be like “you’re half way through the week, you can do it” and on a Friday I get “yippeee it’s Friday, work hard and then you can enjoy your weekend!”
It winds me up and makes me laugh in equal measures. I’m 32 and in a fairly decent job where I manage myself... I don’t need to be told to work hard, I DO work hard 😂😂
The “keep steady” makes me laugh, it’s as if she thinks I’m sat in my office having a nervous breakdown or something.
I know she means well, but every morning I get that message and it takes every ounce of strength not to text her back and say “OH WILL YOU JUST FUCK OFF?!”

• Haha
  • Wow

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
I have been waiting 3 weeks to find out if I had the job I interviewed for.. a girl in my team rings me over zoom ‘have you heard back yet’ I said no.. she said ‘oh I’ve got the job’

????????

Got to laugh or I’ll cry! 🤣🍷🍷🍷

• Sad
  • Wow
Know-it-all twats! I live in a smallish town and found a wallet yesterday. I put a post on the local FB page when I saw the person didn’t have an FB account but didn’t put a name, merely what I’d found and where as cards but nothing with an address. Having worked around fraud for years I’d never do anything to compromise someone’s personal data and thought that if someone had lost it or an relative had lost it then they would be able to send me a message to confirm the name of the owner.

You always get one know-it-all twat demanding a picture of the wallet and name of the owner. Explained not comfortable doing that but information about where I’d found it, what it was and a description of the wallet should be enough and that if not claimed I’d drop it into the police station when it’s next open. Of course along comes the “yeah but...” responses along with her best mate wading in saying “I agree with you, you should name the person and put a picture up” sure and potentially expose someone to someone claiming it and using their data fraudulently 🙄🙄🙄

Anyway, I had a message from someone’s daughter explaining their elderly Mum had realised her purse wasn’t in her shopping back after going to the shop and gave a full rundown of the contents so we were able to reunite wallet and owner!

Reactions: 19

User_name_100

I've been chatting online to a guy who lives in a nearby city since Christmas. Not met up obviously due to covid but have been chatting a lot, flirting, skyping every night. We both said we'd love to meet as soon as we possibly can. Must admit I did get a bit over invested but I've been feeling lonely and enjoyed the conversations we had.

He's text me tonight to say he slept with his ex a few times at Christmas and in January and she's now pregnant apparently. He said he doesn't know what to do and feels it's a huge mistake and doesn't know who he wants to be with. I'm not getting involved and told him to enjoy fatherhood and deleted his number.

I know I've done the right thing and this is more of a rant but I'm pissed off he's wasted my time. As I said I'm not getting involved but I do hope he steps up as a father.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

TeaNoSugar

My boyfriend sending me pics of his c**k and balls on his phone at 2 in the morning!
Does he really think I'll be impressed by that? Why do men always think their tackle is the answer to every girls' dreams?

• Haha
  • Wow

BelleAmie

VIP Member
Like everyone else, we had lots of snow this morning and it looked so pretty and perfect outside and made me feel so much better after weeks of it being dark/rainy.

The neighbours kids have been out playing in it and making a snowman which is fine, they’re children and they’re excited etc. But they’ve been into my front garden and taken the snow and now the garden looks shit and the grass has been trampled and it’s all sludgey. I know I shouldn’t get too worked up over this but why do their parents (who were both out with them) think it’s acceptable to go into someone else’s garden to play? Surely you wouldn’t do it at any other time?!

And now I’ve just put my tights on back to front and that’s wound me up even more :mad:

• Angry

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Still getting messages from girls asking if I’m taking appointments at the moment (I do lashes/brows). We’re in a national lockdown ffs! I literally haven’t seen anyone apart from my other half for about a month now, can’t go and see my parents, haven’t seen my friends new baby... no I won’t be having you in my house to do your lashes!

Who needs a full set of lash extensions in the middle of lockdown anyway 🙄

• Wow

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
My kids. All they bloody talk about is a game called Adopt.Me on Roblox. Literally all. Fucking. Day. They never stop and I’m not even exaggerating. One minute they’re ecstatic because they got a legendary pet, then the next they’re practically in tears because they accidentally traded that same pet for one that isn’t as good.

Trying to remember that whilst it’s not important to me it’s important to them but I am going to lose my shit. If I hear another word about legendary griffins.

Thank fuck they’re back to school on Monday. They can bore their teachers & friends with that shit instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

HelloStereo

VIP Member
Being told by a family member that I should buy an exercise bike because I need to lose weight. Mind your own business!
Agreed. Plus, people are so insensitive. I remember when I was about 13 I went downstairs in my pyjamas and my mum had a male friend round. He looked at me and went "you used to be so slim. Now you are getting a bit plump". My mum smiled gleefully and said afterwards that she was going to stick up for me but looked at me and realised it was true.

I also had a man walk really close to me in a supermarket when I was younger too and whispered "big girl" at me. I was already sensitive about it becasue of comments my mum and her friends had made when I was little, and it gave me a complex for years about it.

In short I agree. People do need to mind their own business!

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
That the Facebook comments on some of the Sarah Everard missing posts are saying "Well everyone knows that area is rough" "What is she doing walking through a park alone" "Why is she walking home that late at night"

WOMEN SHOULD BE ABLE TO WALK HOME, ALONE, AT ANYTIME OF THE DAY OR NIGHT WITHOUT FEAR OF BEING ATTACKED OR GOD FORBID MURDERED!

Her poor family will probably read some of those comments. I do not understand people sometimes 😒

• Heart
  • Sad

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Not so much pisses me off as maybe my heart sink. My friend has just told me she's pregnant. That's me, the only one in my friend group without a child. I don't even think I want kids, but just fed up thats all people become. 😔

• Heart
  • Sad

Petesgirl

My MIL. She thinks that because I clean my house once a week I am obsessed with cleaning, I like a reasonably clean house but it is not as if I am cleaning after work every day. She is always making snide little comments, when we stayed in a caravan last year my husband rang her to say that we had arrived and she said is Petesgirl cleaning the caravan, oh just fuck off. Just because you spend most of your time sat on your arse in your grubby house doesn't mean that we all have to be the same.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

ell73949032838

I am trying to lose weight. My lovely friend bought me some mini treats (they were tiny - brownie, cookie etc) as she knows im trying to lose weight, and she knows i can't spend valentines with my boyfriend of almost 4 years due to lockdown. So it was such a nice surprise that cheered me up. Just to be told by my Dad, that the best thing i can do is throw them away as i'll never lose weight by eating them. Having half of each a day would not totally ruin my efforts at all. Made me so upset. Day ruined

• Sad
  • Wow

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
The story of 2 guys, one from Leicester and one from Liverpool travelling to the Lake District to wild camp. (Bad enough)

One had chest pains so called Mountain Rescue. During the call (at 3am), one of the MRT lads slipped and fell and has suffered life changing injuries.

I am livid.

• Angry
  • Wow