Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rxt156

VIP Member
Ordered a takeaway for the first time in about 6 months, found out yesterday that most of the staff had come down with Covid thanks to someone saying about it on Facebook. I know chances of getting anything is small but still worried and angry now
When did they have Covid

Belulah

VIP Member
A really mild thing but Tesco had a really good sale on towels and I thought I'd buy some for the new house. I didn't pick any up last week because I only had cash on me not card and needed the money for food shop, went back in today for some lunch bits and they only had bright yellow left, not the navy blue which I saw last week. Stupid thing to be annoyed at but it has annoyed me even though it's my own fault.
I got the navy blue and the yellow but I’m referring to the yellow as “gold”!

under the ivy

VIP Member
We usually shut our cat in the kitchen at night, she has access to her litter trays in the utility still, but can’t get out and come upstairs so we can all sleep without any disturbances. Could you set up an area in your kitchen or living room, for her sleep in, and so you can keep her in one room all night, or would you still hear the banging?
She sleeps in the back hallway with the door shut - her litter tray, fresh food, water, climbing tower/bed and toys are with her. She’s fine through the night it’s just the morning I can hear her banging on the hallway door 🙁

Chloe123456

VIP Member
I've started this because often I feel frustrated about things in life and I want to complain about it without derailing the pissed off or rant threads.

I feel like I haven't actually made any progress with things that are supposed to be well underway. From the outside it doesn't look like I'm any further forward than I was last summer, and it's not through lack of trying. Said things are all things I pay for / buy so it frustrate me even more.
What’s stalling you from moving further forward? X

JOHN1967

VIP Member
Is anyone actually happy? I mean, seriosuly?

How can people be happy? I long for death. Lack the capacity to change. Lack the capacity for anything.

Is anyone actually happy?
I am sorry you are so down at the moment. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
How have you been feeling symptoms wise?
Over the last few days my symptoms have more or less been those of what is on the NHS Covid-19 checklist webpage. I did order a home self-test kit last week, and I posted it back 2 or 3 days ago,

Have been feeling better now though, but it still annoying to have to SI for another 6 or 7 more days.

Interestingly there is an article in today's Telegraph, which suggests up to 20,000 people a day are refusing to SI despite testing positive!:unsure:

JOHN1967

VIP Member
my boyfriend knocking on the bathroom door while i was inside and asking: can i come in? and then just opening the door and entering! i mean i was just putting a face mask on, but what is the point of asking if you're just going to barge in? ruined my zen
Why not lock the door.

Rxt156

VIP Member
This is completely irrelevant to the current conversation topic but it is what pissed me off today.
My sister’s wouldn’t get out of my room and treat me like shit. Now obviously no one gets on with their siblings all the time and I have heard sisters are the worst at this so it’s nothing surprising but in the past year my sister’s have started treating me horribly sometimes.
For context I’m 19 and the eldest and my sister’s are 14 and 12. Despite being quite a bit older, however, they’re both almost as tall as me and stronger than me, especially my middle sister who always been really strong. Meanwhile I’m a walking twig. The issues tend to start when my youngest sister will come into my room to ‘hangout’ with me when really all she wants to do is pretend she’s occupied and go on her phone because she’s not supposed to spend all day on it. Then my middle sister will likely join and before I know it my ‘me time’ is being taken up with dealing with the 2 children who won’t leave me alone. It’s not like when they were little and just wanted to play, now they just use me as an excuse to go on their phones. When I tell them to get out they won’t and we’ll physically fight (and I’ll loose every time because for some reason I’m weaker) and eventually I have to yell at them until they leave. It wouldn’t be that bad if they actually understood why it’s not nice to invade someone’s private space. I might not be doing anything especially important but sometimes I just want to be on my own. I came upstairs after doing something with my mum this afternoon and they were both lying on my bed on their phones. Then when I get cross and have to hit them to get them to leave my youngest sister acts like I’m unreasonable. I did ask them nicely multiple times beforehand and they just laughed in my face. I’m an adult, I’m going to university this September to study primary teaching, how am I going to get a class of children to respect me if my own sisters treat me like shit? I know I shouldn’t get so angry with them but how else am I going to get them to what I say if they treat me with no respect?
Can you tell your mother what they’re doing?
Another option is to stop them before they even come in

Baconbutties

VIP Member
A lot of people I work with bought dogs are they now work from home and believe this to permanent . I thought it was insane as we will have to go back a few days a week not to mention job security.
It’s just this one family that has wound me up so much as they will be both back in work and kids back in school and they already had a hectic lifestyle. I totally get people getting dogs if they know that they will be working from home permanently. I’m holding back in getting another as my dog passed away a few years ago but both myself and my other half are both back in work and it just wouldn’t be fair. I would get one in a heartbeat if I knew I could work from home forever but that ain’t ever gonna happen. 😂

Cantturn222

VIP Member
Omg had never heard of her, just went on her account and scrolled down the video of her curling her hair and this is all I can think 😐
Must be the brothers (dirty) money because you don’t get that disposable cash flogging tan and hair products

bolimepipi

VIP Member
my boyfriend knocking on the bathroom door while i was inside and asking: can i come in? and then just opening the door and entering! i mean i was just putting a face mask on, but what is the point of asking if you're just going to barge in? ruined my zen

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
This has just reminded me when my girl was a a few weeks old I used to have to sit with her on the toilet with the shower running to get her to go to sleep. She sleeps 12 hours a night now- it’s so tough but they normally get so much better at sleeping x
He has been sleeping worse than usual due to his teething but the hoover sounds have been helping him! Would help if she didn't keep stopping haha x