What’s annoying you right now?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shop workers, delivery people, utilities people... a whole raft of people who associate with the community on a daily basis, should also be prioritized

• Angry
Reactions: 10
I used to be a teacher, lots of my family are teachers. I work from home, I am extremely lucky and far less likely compared to my sister to catch covid. It seems so unfair.

And I would give my jab to my sister in a heartbeat if I could.

Oh people will cry discrimination. Even Nadim zahawi said it was not how we do it in the UK and discriminative to treat people different because they refuse the vaccine 🤦🏼‍♀️ and this is meant to be the man heading up the vaccination roll out.
Well I'm gonna be exercising my discrimination and not going near anyone who refuses the vaccine. Meh do me for bigatory

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
This is completely irrelevant to the current conversation topic but it is what pissed me off today.
My sister’s wouldn’t get out of my room and treat me like tit. Now obviously no one gets on with their siblings all the time and I have heard sisters are the worst at this so it’s nothing surprising but in the past year my sister’s have started treating me horribly sometimes.
For context I’m 19 and the eldest and my sister’s are 14 and 12. Despite being quite a bit older, however, they’re both almost as tall as me and stronger than me, especially my middle sister who always been really strong. Meanwhile I’m a walking twig. The issues tend to start when my youngest sister will come into my room to ‘hangout’ with me when really all she wants to do is pretend she’s occupied and go on her phone because she’s not supposed to spend all day on it. Then my middle sister will likely join and before I know it my ‘me time’ is being taken up with dealing with the 2 children who won’t leave me alone. It’s not like when they were little and just wanted to play, now they just use me as an excuse to go on their phones. When I tell them to get out they won’t and we’ll physically fight (and I’ll loose every time because for some reason I’m weaker) and eventually I have to yell at them until they leave. It wouldn’t be that bad if they actually understood why it’s not nice to invade someone’s private space. I might not be doing anything especially important but sometimes I just want to be on my own. I came upstairs after doing something with my mum this afternoon and they were both lying on my bed on their phones. Then when I get cross and have to hit them to get them to leave my youngest sister acts like I’m unreasonable. I did ask them nicely multiple times beforehand and they just laughed in my face. I’m an adult, I’m going to university this September to study primary teaching, how am I going to get a class of children to respect me if my own sisters treat me like tit? I know I shouldn’t get so angry with them but how else am I going to get them to what I say if they treat me with no respect?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
This is completely irrelevant to the current conversation topic but it is what pissed me off today.
My sister’s wouldn’t get out of my room and treat me like tit. Now obviously no one gets on with their siblings all the time and I have heard sisters are the worst at this so it’s nothing surprising but in the past year my sister’s have started treating me horribly sometimes.
For context I’m 19 and the eldest and my sister’s are 14 and 12. Despite being quite a bit older, however, they’re both almost as tall as me and stronger than me, especially my middle sister who always been really strong. Meanwhile I’m a walking twig. The issues tend to start when my youngest sister will come into my room to ‘hangout’ with me when really all she wants to do is pretend she’s occupied and go on her phone because she’s not supposed to spend all day on it. Then my middle sister will likely join and before I know it my ‘me time’ is being taken up with dealing with the 2 children who won’t leave me alone. It’s not like when they were little and just wanted to play, now they just use me as an excuse to go on their phones. When I tell them to get out they won’t and we’ll physically fight (and I’ll loose every time because for some reason I’m weaker) and eventually I have to yell at them until they leave. It wouldn’t be that bad if they actually understood why it’s not nice to invade someone’s private space. I might not be doing anything especially important but sometimes I just want to be on my own. I came upstairs after doing something with my mum this afternoon and they were both lying on my bed on their phones. Then when I get cross and have to hit them to get them to leave my youngest sister acts like I’m unreasonable. I did ask them nicely multiple times beforehand and they just laughed in my face. I’m an adult, I’m going to university this September to study primary teaching, how am I going to get a class of children to respect me if my own sisters treat me like tit? I know I shouldn’t get so angry with them but how else am I going to get them to what I say if they treat me with no respect?
If they have their own room, next time they are there doing something, just barge in and hang around.

Reactions: 2
totally agree, they should have been vaccinating key workers before people of certain ages (and I say this as someone who has parents in their 70s who have had their first dose). Surely we need to protect the people working who cannot WFH first?!

There was an article in the guardian yesterday about the pros and cons of a vaccine passport to travel . One of the cons was people without them being refused certain jobs.\/opportunities.. erm surely that is kind of the aim?
Exactly.

And yes definitely, if people worry they won't be able to work or go on holiday they'll be more likely to get the vaccine. I can't see a reason not to have it tbh, do these people not want the pandemic to end?

I understand being nervous, but point blank refusing (usually because of their own lack of education) is stupid to me.

Reactions: 4
I'm glad I never had siblings!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Can you tell your mother what they’re doing?
Another option is to stop them before they even come in

Can you tell your mother what they’re doing?
Another option is to stop them before they even come in
My middle sister is actually currently being told off for not doing any revision today, which is because she spent all day annoying me. If my parents ask I’ll tell them what she was actually doing. Before I used to lie for them but from now on I don’t care. I will tell my parents next time this happens, if they won’t respect me I won’t respect them.

UGH passive aggressive Teams responses in front of the whole team. Someone who has no idea what he's even doing replying to my thread with "as I said to you earlier...." and making me out as if I'm wrong/making him repeat himself when what we spoke about separately wasn't even relevant and everyone is confused about his input to a project.

I don't even know if this will make sense and probs sounds petty but omg I hate it when people go on unnecessary little power trips and try and assert their authority (which they don't even have) in front of others.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
UGH passive aggressive Teams responses in front of the whole team. Someone who has no idea what he's even doing replying to my thread with "as I said to you earlier...." and making me out as if I'm wrong/making him repeat himself when what we spoke about separately wasn't even relevant and everyone is confused about his input to a project.

I don't even know if this will make sense and probs sounds petty but omg I hate it when people go on unnecessary little power trips and try and assert their authority (which they don't even have) in front of others.
completely agree with you, we have this at work all the time. the general atmosphere is so intense because of these passive aggressive comments from certain individuals. completely unnecessary and pathetic that it makes them feel good obviously

completely agree with you, we have this at work all the time. the general atmosphere is so intense because of these passive aggressive comments from certain individuals. completely unnecessary and pathetic that it makes them feel good obviously
Yeah so weird that that's what can make some people feel good about themselves.

I hope other people see it for what it is and feel the same way about the few people that do it. We are all working hard and there are so many times people reply to me and haven't read what I said properly or ask things I have already explained and I think it's nice to just cut people some slack - people are stressed and busy. Unless they do it all day everyday, then maybe that level of not listening means they deserve it. 😂

My godawful breakout room group in my uni politics seminars.

I'm convinced that they can't stand me - they barely say anything so I have to lead it basically. I've had tons of awkward silences from them or one word responses like "OK" or whatever else. And they just seem to shrug when I give an opinion (it's a politics class FFS) and we nearly got into an argument over whether or not a research topic is feasible.

There's just such an awkward atmosphere as well, nobody has any rapport with each other, they don't show any emotion, they're all as cold as ice, I'm absolutely sick of awkward silences. It's bloody painful to be a part of.

I'm convinced that they can't stand me - they barely say anything so I have to lead it basically. I've had tons of awkward silences from them or one word responses like "OK" or whatever else. And they just seem to shrug when I give an opinion (it's a politics class FFS) and we nearly got into an argument over whether or not a research topic is feasible.

There's just such an awkward atmosphere as well, nobody has any rapport with each other, they don't show any emotion, they're all as cold as ice, I'm absolutely sick of awkward silences. It's bloody painful to be a part of.
I studied sociology & politics at university. The politics seminars were painful to be in. Nobody spoke either! I once joined in with a discussion and a guy said ‘your opinion isn’t valid’ - ok then, we’re all discussing political theory but my opinion isn’t valid 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 5

Oh god. Group tasks make my bum hole close up. Always some that won’t pull their weight.

I studied sociology & politics at university. The politics seminars were painful to be in. Nobody spoke either! I once joined in with a discussion and a guy said ‘your opinion isn’t valid’ - ok then, we’re all discussing political theory but my opinion isn’t valid 😂
I find it ironic that of all subjects, people are least likely to speak in politics where there is so much potential for good discussion.

I've got a right mood on now.

It's just gone quarter past three in the morning. This is very relevant.

Mr D was composing something twatting about on the laptop from before I went to bed until, at ten to two, I asked him if he could possibly do something that doesn't entail the same bleeping not-quite-a-D drone note that's penetrated through my earphones and driven me almost crazy for hours. He decided he'd come to bed instead, moaning about not being able to sleep and only having the edge of the bed to perch on in any case.

By 2.05am, he was asleep. By two thirty, he'd dragged both quilts away from me for his own personal use three times. By two forty, he'd kicked me up the arse so many times, I was wondering whether I should change my name to Len*

By five to three, he nearly shoved his big toe up there, grabbed the quilts, snatched my pillow and pissed me off enough that I decided it was decamp or smother him.

The bed in the spare room is covered with recording equipment. He knows this pisses me off, as it means I can't go and sleep in another perfectly good bed when he's dreaming, thrashing around, shouting or, as is the case tonight, pushing me near the point of manslaughter due to diminished responsibility.

So I'm downstairs, instead of in a nice, comfortable bed, laying on the bleeping living room rug with a furry throw that the bleeping cat thinks is his bleeping mother, so he's stomping all over me, purring his adorable bleeping little head off, stabbing me repeatedly with his adorable bleeping murder mittens and generally being more of a tit that he is usually.

I know that when Mr D finally wakes up sometime before teatime, he will act all hurt that I've not been in bed and because I am going to tell him that he either clears off the shite on the spare room bed or he is banned from the main bedroom forever. If I don't murderise him first.

I am REALLY PISSED OFF.

*Father Ted reference for the teenagers in here

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I've got a right mood on now.

It's just gone quarter past three in the morning. This is very relevant.

Mr D was composing something twatting about on the laptop from before I went to bed until, at ten to two, I asked him if he could possibly do something that doesn't entail the same bleeping not-quite-a-D drone note that's penetrated through my earphones and driven me almost crazy for hours. He decided he'd come to bed instead, moaning about not being able to sleep and only having the edge of the bed to perch on in any case.

By 2.05am, he was asleep. By two thirty, he'd dragged both quilts away from me for his own personal use three times. By two forty, he'd kicked me up the arse so many times, I was wondering whether I should change my name to Len*

By five to three, he nearly shoved his big toe up there, grabbed the quilts, snatched my pillow and pissed me off enough that I decided it was decamp or smother him.

The bed in the spare room is covered with recording equipment. He knows this pisses me off, as it means I can't go and sleep in another perfectly good bed when he's dreaming, thrashing around, shouting or, as is the case tonight, pushing me near the point of manslaughter due to diminished responsibility.

So I'm downstairs, instead of in a nice, comfortable bed, laying on the bleeping living room rug with a furry throw that the bleeping cat thinks is his bleeping mother, so he's stomping all over me, purring his adorable bleeping little head off, stabbing me repeatedly with his adorable bleeping murder mittens and generally being more of a tit that he is usually.

I know that when Mr D finally wakes up sometime before teatime, he will act all hurt that I've not been in bed and because I am going to tell him that he either clears off the shite on the spare room bed or he is banned from the main bedroom forever. If I don't murderise him first.

I am REALLY PISSED OFF.

*Father Ted reference for the teenagers in here
I would kick off. How selfish of him. That's so disrespectful not clearing up the bed in the spare room. My partner really pissed me off before because I went on strike and decided I was no longer putting his washing away. I do 4 peoples washing, drying and folding along with pretty much everything around the house and I work 26 hours a week as well as looking after both children and homeschooling. Anyway I digress, so i asked him to put his clothes away 17 times. Yes i counted and he just kepy putting them on the floor so eventually i put them in a bag and took them to a charity bin. I'd like to say it worked but it didn't and just ended up in a big row 😂

• Haha
Myself, today! Came over all upset yesterday afternoon and couldn't shake it. Made pancakes then went to bed to cry on and off, couldn't explain to Mr Jarv why I was so upset as I don't really know myself. He then just sat and held my hand and stared at me for an hour which just made things worse. He just doesn't know what to say but doesn't want me to be alone either. Anyway I finally got some sleep in the small hours. I'm in work today and I just want to go home, I'm tired and I can't shake the feeling and I keep saying come on now Jarv get a grip, but I can't snap out of it. It's going to be a long day.

• Heart
I would kick off. How selfish of him. That's so disrespectful not clearing up the bed in the spare room. My partner really pissed me off before because I went on strike and decided I was no longer putting his washing away. I do 4 peoples washing, drying and folding along with pretty much everything around the house and I work 26 hours a week as well as looking after both children and homeschooling. Anyway I digress, so i asked him to put his clothes away 17 times. Yes i counted and he just kepy putting them on the floor so eventually i put them in a bag and took them to a charity bin. I'd like to say it worked but it didn't and just ended up in a big row 😂

Yes. He decided this morning that he'd come and wake me up to tell me he was up. Big mistake.

Huge mistake.

He knows exactly what I think of him for that and has been informed that he is clearing off the spare bed this afternoon or I'm going to deal with it; which should be sending cold shivers down his spine, as he knows my method of dealing with tit is to throw the bastarding stuff out.

• Haha
I was about to say the same! by final year it was better (possibly as people had dropped out/changed courses), but I was so shocked that so many of the people in class seemed to have no real interest in politics/current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.