What’s annoying you right now?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My weasel of a work friend that has every health issue under the sun (also over reacts massively so I take what she says with a pinch of salt) and is SOOO selfish about it all. I don’t even ask her how she’s doing anymore because it’s just a one way street. I ask, she says not good then moans for ages. Bad friend. I know she has stuff going on but I have listened for months and she doesn’t ask anything in return. Bad

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Just to say to save you from having to go to the gp if you’re prone to UTIs you can actually get antibiotics via superdrug and a couple of other places online. You have to fill out a form. You can also request to have a supply for future use if you’re confident at recognising the symptoms. Been a lifesaver for me!
Ohhh thats interesting and would really help me as i get UTI's all of the time!

But because of my mental health/ past behaviour, im only allowed 1 weeks worth of my prescriptions at a time- my psychiatrist at the hospital set that up, which i can understand tbh. But i will certainly ask them about this. thank you :)

My husband eating pistachio nuts, making loads of noise and leaving the shells all over the table 😤🤬

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
The bashing of people on benefits. Even though a lot on benefits do work and work bleeping hard. Like if you're entitled to something and dont claim it, more fool you. You're not on any moral high ground, you're being played.
The stigma around benefits is so gross. It even stops those who need them from claiming so they don't feel like scroungers. Which is just nonsense! Barely anyone abuses the benefits system, takes drugs and spends the money on crap it's just bullshit pushed by the media, including all the benefits shows like benefits street and others which are essentially just there to make middle class people laugh at the poor.

It really annoys me. I don't mind the documentary type shows as they often do show although they may smoke cigarettes, the money is so little and has to go so far. It's not an easy life when you can't work or do work but earn such a low income, but people act like they treat it as a free ride. 😤

Reactions: 6
That this thread title has been changed from “pissed off” to “annoying”.... 😂
i've only realized this because of the 'what have you done today' thread, and kept thinking when did i starting watching this one and where's the pissed off one? can't believe i didn't make the connection lol

Reactions: 3
Both my upstairs and downstairs neighbours are being noisy at the same time! I feel like I'm in a bar between him upstairs in his guitar and them downstairs giggling and chatting loudly. Earplugs it is 😂 can't wait until I can afford to move out of my flat!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
That I’m really tired, falling asleep on the sofa tired, but as soon as I go to bed I’m wide awake :cautious:

Reactions: 9
The aim was to use one or two drops.of lavender oil to help me sleep after a bad evening. My dumb witch brain thought it would be fine to do this in the dark and I accidentally squeezed nearly 10 drops on my bed because I couldn't see if the dropper worked. It smells like I'm taking a dip in lavender hand soap. I had to open the windows and switch my bed side. Make it stop 😩

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
The bashing of people on benefits. Even though a lot on benefits do work and work bleeping hard. Like if you're entitled to something and dont claim it, more fool you. You're not on any moral high ground, you're being played.

The fact minimum wage hasnt risen anywhere near the rate of inflation. Saw a woman on a group moaning that minimum wage is going up so she has to pay her staff more. You cant expect staff to be available every time you want them and then get snotty about paying them.

Current housing prices being on average 200k plus when the average wage is 37k. Not right sorry, who the duck let that happen.

England has no backbone. My mum was telling me earlier ny grandma and grandad once attended a mass.pritest against poll tax in London with a crown of thousands. This country is full of corruption and the Toties are ahead in the polls. How times change hey!

Sorry most of my current grievances are political, I wish they werent and were more trivial and "first world problems" based and one day I hope they will be again.

Being labelled as 'radical' and 'extreme' for wanting people to have a decent standard of living no matter their background, work etc.

My parents feeling the need to mention whether someone works or not when talking about ANYTHING. Again, my mum was telling me earlier about their v short time as landlords in the 2000s and how the person they rented to worked part time and claimed benefits so her rent was paid directly from her benefits to them. I really dont care if someone is on benefits or not, it dowsnt make them less of a person or it doesnt make someone more of a person if they work 80 hours a week.

Englands obsession with wealth inequality. See above. People thinking those who dont work every hour under the sun deserve to shrivel up and die. If it's for someone poor, it's a handout, if it's for someone rich, it's an incentive. Just like how areas of poor income are labelled as rough, they arent, the people there just have less money and live differently because of it.
yeah exactly, the majority of benefits payments are actually for people in work that is badly paid so the government is effectively subsiding companies and allowing them to make more money, this is why so many companies (Facebook etc) are supporting the state paid living wage, so they can save money on salaries.
I really dread to think what is going to happen in a few decades when all of the people who haven't been able to save or buy property have to retire, it is really a ticking timebomb

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm having the most realistic and horrendous dreams at the moment. It feels like I'm going from one dream straight into another right through the night.

• Heart
I'm flipping starving today but as I'm on a rest day, I wanted to wait until lunchtime before eating. Forgot to make my usual ham and cheese wrap to bring in to work this morning so nipped to the canteen. Craving a jacket potato so ordered a jacket potato with cheese. It was bloody tiny!!! Cost me £4.00 as well. This is why I miss working from home because if I'd have had a craving I could just whip it up for lunch, no such luck here where we are basically banned from using the kitchen. They also didn't ask if I wanted butter and salt and pepper, and I forgot to ask for them so it was all a bit bland.

• Sad
I'm having the most realistic and horrendous dreams at the moment. It feels like I'm going from one dream straight into another right through the night.
god same, I've been having the most weird/awful dreams for the whole of this disaster, I basically never wake up feeling rested anymore. It is so weird as usually I could tell why I had a certain dream, influenced by something I had seen/read etc but now it is just totally random

• Heart
god same, I've been having the most weird/awful dreams for the whole of this disaster, I basically never wake up feeling rested anymore. It is so weird as usually I could tell why I had a certain dream, influenced by something I had seen/read etc but now it is just totally random
It's awful! The dreams seem to last ages as well. I can definitely relate to not feeling rested, it's so tit. :(

• Sad
I've had a really sore eye the last 2 days. It keeps twitching and like pulsating. It's throbbing😔
I came here to say I also have an eye twitch! My left eye has been doing it since I woke up today. Very annoying!! I used to suffer from migraines and an eye twitch usually meant I was about to get one. Don't have one yet, though.

I came here to say I also have an eye twitch! My left eye has been doing it since I woke up today. Very annoying!! I used to suffer from migraines and an eye twitch usually meant I was about to get one. Don't have one yet, though.
Me too, their so annoying, the pain is coming from like my eyelid but it is reaching up to my head so it feels like I have a headache but it's just my sore eye!

• Sad
My neighbor's dog has been barking for the past 45 minutes.

Don't dogs get a sore throat from all that barking? Or get hoarse at some point?

Last edited:
  • Angry

The fact minimum wage hasnt risen anywhere near the rate of inflation. Saw a woman on a group moaning that minimum wage is going up so she has to pay her staff more. You cant expect staff to be available every time you want them and then get snotty about paying them.

Current housing prices being on average 200k plus when the average wage is 37k. Not right sorry, who the duck let that happen.

England has no backbone. My mum was telling me earlier ny grandma and grandad once attended a mass.pritest against poll tax in London with a crown of thousands. This country is full of corruption and the Toties are ahead in the polls. How times change hey!

Sorry most of my current grievances are political, I wish they werent and were more trivial and "first world problems" based and one day I hope they will be again.

Being labelled as 'radical' and 'extreme' for wanting people to have a decent standard of living no matter their background, work etc.

My parents feeling the need to mention whether someone works or not when talking about ANYTHING. Again, my mum was telling me earlier about their v short time as landlords in the 2000s and how the person they rented to worked part time and claimed benefits so her rent was paid directly from her benefits to them. I really dont care if someone is on benefits or not, it dowsnt make them less of a person or it doesnt make someone more of a person if they work 80 hours a week.

Englands obsession with wealth inequality. See above. People thinking those who dont work every hour under the sun deserve to shrivel up and die. If it's for someone poor, it's a handout, if it's for someone rich, it's an incentive. Just like how areas of poor income are labelled as rough, they arent, the people there just have less money and live differently because of it.

👏👏👏

I cant handle how I feel about politics and the things you mentioned. It makes me want to move but I have no idea where to go 😂 I know no government is perfect and a lot of countries have it worse than us but still, it's tough. The fact that the gov are getting away with so much and they still have public support, and we have no decent opposition just makes me feel hopeless.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.