What’s annoying you right now?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just come off a horrendous shift last night working short-staffed, exhausted and tired. Didn’t get much sleep in the day, the kids have been acting up big time all day and very very loud and draining. I’ve shouted more times than I can count. My eldest’s way of expressing his anger is by self harming (he has ASD) and he’s even started saying things like “I don’t want to be alive anymore.” They are in bed now and I’ve just sat here crying because I feel so much guilt. Guilt because I am too tired most days to cope with the meltdowns and tantrums from both of them. Guilt that I’m not doing enough and that they can’t be at school/nursery. I feel I’m having to split myself down the middle with working full time and being with them and they aren’t getting the best of me anymore. I know my son doesn’t mean those things he’s saying, it’s just his way of expressing his frustrations at being told it’s time to put the tablet away or not being able to win the game, but it knocked me for six to hear that. He’s only 5.

Also my youngest is awaiting assessment for ASD too, and we have appointments coming up but as they’re telephone and video calls, I’m worried they won’t take us seriously because they have never met my youngest son, and can only go by what we’ve told them.

Less of a pissed off post really, but I’m feeling all sorts today.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I've been chatting online to a guy who lives in a nearby city since Christmas. Not met up obviously due to covid but have been chatting a lot, flirting, skyping every night. We both said we'd love to meet as soon as we possibly can. Must admit I did get a bit over invested but I've been feeling lonely and enjoyed the conversations we had.

He's text me tonight to say he slept with his ex a few times at Christmas and in January and she's now pregnant apparently. He said he doesn't know what to do and feels it's a huge mistake and doesn't know who he wants to be with. I'm not getting involved and told him to enjoy fatherhood and deleted his number.

I know I've done the right thing and this is more of a rant but I'm pissed off he's wasted my time. As I said I'm not getting involved but I do hope he steps up as a father.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
One of my supervisors at uni wants to send my ethical approval form to another one of their students as an example - I’m flattered but also annoyed/paranoid it could be plagiarised when a lot of hard work went into that to get my research approved. It’s still on my mind now and I need to respond to them tomorrow saying no, but worried about rocking the boat. I haven’t got time to be worrying about stuff like this.

Reactions: 3
Just come off a horrendous shift last night working short-staffed, exhausted and tired. Didn’t get much sleep in the day, the kids have been acting up big time all day and very very loud and draining. I’ve shouted more times than I can count. My eldest’s way of expressing his anger is by self harming (he has ASD) and he’s even started saying things like “I don’t want to be alive anymore.” They are in bed now and I’ve just sat here crying because I feel so much guilt. Guilt because I am too tired most days to cope with the meltdowns and tantrums from both of them. Guilt that I’m not doing enough and that they can’t be at school/nursery. I feel I’m having to split myself down the middle with working full time and being with them and they aren’t getting the best of me anymore. I know my son doesn’t mean those things he’s saying, it’s just his way of expressing his frustrations at being told it’s time to put the tablet away or not being able to win the game, but it knocked me for six to hear that. He’s only 5.

Also my youngest is awaiting assessment for ASD too, and we have appointments coming up but as they’re telephone and video calls, I’m worried they won’t take us seriously because they have never met my youngest son, and can only go by what we’ve told them.

Less of a pissed off post really, but I’m feeling all sorts today.
I had a video assessment/appointment last month with my son for suspected ASD. Unfortunately the scenario you are worried about is exactly what happened for us. I felt the whole appointment was quite pointless. It really needs to be done face to face. I hope yours is more successful!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
One of my supervisors at uni wants to send my ethical approval form to another one of their students as an example - I’m flattered but also annoyed/paranoid it could be plagiarised when a lot of hard work went into that to get my research approved. It’s still on my mind now and I need to respond to them tomorrow saying no, but worried about rocking the boat. I haven’t got time to be worrying about stuff like this.
I didn’t sleep well at all worrying about this! Still not wrote the email lol. Waiting for a GP telephone appointment when I could do with a nap... but can’t nap due to waiting for phone to ring, guilty about not working and have a Tesco delivery coming this afternoon. Minor things really but lack of sleep makes me feel awful.

• Sad
Got a text from the NHS to say I've tested positive for Covid-19, and that I should SI from the day I first had symptoms, which I think was last Sunday.

So not only only did I have PCR Test (negative) 2 days before I flew out of South Africa roughly 12 days ago, and self isolated for the mandatory 10 days after returning home (which was up yesterday), it would seem I have to SI for another 6 or 7 days.

It will also mean Kate, who is currently living with me as my "support bubble", and who has already had C19 back in November, will have to SI with me too as a precaution (I don't even know if you can get it a second time?)

Clearly I must have picked it up somewhere between SA, Paris, London and Carlisle, as I haven't been out of the house since my return on the 24th Jan.

duck! :(

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I had a video assessment/appointment last month with my son for suspected ASD. Unfortunately the scenario you are worried about is exactly what happened for us. I felt the whole appointment was quite pointless. It really needs to be done face to face. I hope yours is more successful!
I’m sorry you’ve had no joy. We had a telephone appointment with a speech therapist this morning for 3yo and it was a complete waste of time. I’ve come off the phone just absolutely hacked off. Now we’ve been scheduled in for a video call which will probably be much the same. I just feel that compared to his older brother, he’s been forgotten about because of the pandemic and it’s driving me mad.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Got a text from the NHS to say I've tested positive for Covid-19, and that I should SI from the day I first had symptoms, which I think was last Sunday.

So not only only did I have PCR Test (negative) 2 days before I flew out of South Africa roughly 12 days ago, and self isolated for the mandatory 10 days after returning home (which was up yesterday), it would seem I have to SI for another 6 or 7 days.

It will also mean Kate, who is currently living with me as my "support bubble", and who has already had C19 back in November, will have to SI with me too as a precaution (I don't even know if you can get it a second time?)

Clearly I must have picked it up somewhere between SA, Paris, London and Carlisle, as I haven't been out of the house since my return on the 24th Jan.

duck! :(
How have you been feeling symptoms wise?

I’m sorry you’ve had no joy. We had a telephone appointment with a speech therapist this morning for 3yo and it was a complete waste of time. I’ve come off the phone just absolutely hacked off. Now we’ve been scheduled in for a video call which will probably be much the same. I just feel that compared to his older brother, he’s been forgotten about because of the pandemic and it’s driving me mad.
It's so frustrating isn't it!!

For our appointment they had lost our forms so only had the schools to go on and there wasn't enough evidence to diagnose from those. It was a different doctor than we'd seen before. The last doctor said that he had red flags for autism, hence the need to fill in the forms. She said she'd chase our forms up and call back. I know they are in the building because the receptionist had them in her hand when I spoke to her a couple of weeks before. Goodness knows where they've gone!!

I feel so strongly that autism assessments, especially ADOS appointment should not be conducted via video call. They physically need to be able to interact with the child and properly see their mannerisms etc.

I have everything crossed for you and your son. I hope he gets the help he needs and it isn't impacted too badly by the pandemic.

• Heart
How have you been feeling symptoms wise?
Over the last few days my symptoms have more or less been those of what is on the NHS Covid-19 checklist webpage. I did order a home self-test kit last week, and I posted it back 2 or 3 days ago,

Have been feeling better now though, but it still annoying to have to SI for another 6 or 7 more days.

Interestingly there is an article in today's Telegraph, which suggests up to 20,000 people a day are refusing to SI despite testing positive!:unsure:

We have new management in work who are making us do formal reviews with our managers (my boss said I have nothing to worry about) and get two reviews from our co-workers.

The problem is, the questions your co-workers have to answer about you are so loaded and almost hostile... well I'm anticipating a wave of negative feedback that isn't even that constructive. What's the point in all this time wasting? Just let me do my job in peace!

We have new management in work who are making us do formal reviews with our managers (my boss said I have nothing to worry about) and get two reviews from our co-workers.

The problem is, the questions your co-workers have to answer about you are so loaded and almost hostile... well I'm anticipating a wave of negative feedback that isn't even that constructive. What's the point in all this time wasting? Just let me do my job in peace!
That’s doesn’t sound great when morale is going to be low as it is?!

Everything pisses me off at the moment and I’m happy to admit it, basically because I’m in such a bad mood generally that I would be silently saying duck you to anyone that disagrees with me 😂

I am NEVER like this normally. Don’t get me wrong, I can be a twit at times, we all can! But generally I’m a glass half full, optimistic, every cloud kinda girl.

Has anyone else become like this during this lockdown?!

Reactions: 4
My boss opened my parcel. I'd have accepted him opening if it were in a plain brown box as you could assume it might be stationery or something.... It was an ASOS bag ffs! Use your common sense

• Angry
Reactions: 7

We now have to do that too and it’s such a joke, people are just asking their work friends to fill them out with all favourable stuff. No one wants to say anything bad about people above them either in case it comes back to them. It seems such a pointless exercise!

That’s doesn’t sound great when morale is going to be low as it is?!
They've framed it as a positive act (yes, really) and an exercise in self-improvement, reaching goals.. all that shite. But you're right, all of us who aren't in a management role have quite low morale right now and this is just another meaningless task that we don't have the time to do.

My boss opened my parcel. I'd have accepted him opening if it were in a plain brown box as you could assume it might be stationery or something.... It was an ASOS bag ffs! Use your common sense
It could have been worse, it could have been something embarassing.

• Haha
I've been chatting online to a guy who lives in a nearby city since Christmas. Not met up obviously due to covid but have been chatting a lot, flirting, skyping every night. We both said we'd love to meet as soon as we possibly can. Must admit I did get a bit over invested but I've been feeling lonely and enjoyed the conversations we had.

He's text me tonight to say he slept with his ex a few times at Christmas and in January and she's now pregnant apparently. He said he doesn't know what to do and feels it's a huge mistake and doesn't know who he wants to be with. I'm not getting involved and told him to enjoy fatherhood and deleted his number.

I know I've done the right thing and this is more of a rant but I'm pissed off he's wasted my time. As I said I'm not getting involved but I do hope he steps up as a father.
Good on you it is always difficult to delete someone like that, also pathetic of him to basically ask you to decide for him what to do, feel sorry for his "ex" tbh. And thank god you didn;t meet up as he clearly hasn;t been distancing! you will find someone better ❤

Reactions: 6
Good on you it is always difficult to delete someone like that, also pathetic of him to basically ask you to decide for him what to do, feel sorry for his "ex" tbh. And thank god you didn;t meet up as he clearly hasn;t been distancing! you will find someone better ❤
Thank you. It came out of the blue. I know we hadn't known each other for long but FFS don't just randomly text me saying you've got your ex pregnant and expect me to stick around. 😅 I turned into the ice queen as soon as he admitted it and thought about my reply as in the past I would have gone at a guy in this situation with both barrels. This time around I was cool, calm and collected and just replied with 'thank you for telling me, I wish you well with fatherhood.' He kept messaging me after asking 'is that it? Is that all you're going to say?' I've not replied LOL.
I love the fact I've left the situation with my dignity and I'm quite proud of myself. 😅

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.