Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JOHN1967

VIP Member
My job is really starting to wind me up.
I work in a GP practice which is hard and tough enough as it is without management being absolute arseholes about everything! I actually love my work, I love most of our patients, I love helping people but today, I was sat in the back office, management were also sat in there for the first few hours. I answered call after call, I'd answered 96 calls between 8am and 12pm, they could see how busy I was. They didn't answer any calls to help get the queue down & at 12pm when I was about to go for lunch, my manager says to me 'how come you're behind on registrations'!!!!! I'm sorry.... have you not been sat here watching how much I'm doing whilst you sit there on your phone, drinking your fucking tea!!! I wish I'd said it out loud. Honestly, I'm going to snap soon. She is the laziest woman I have ever met, all she does is eat and pick at people. Barely does any work all day, watches netflix in her office when she's meant to be working, watches me struggling with calls, has a brand new range rover outside the door and has the audacity to question why I'm a little behind on my work! There's 6 of us that work in the office, we are rushed off our feet all day, we get told one minute to prioritise calls as we have 26,000 patients and then the next minute she's questioning us as to why we are a little behind!!! Rant over.
Once again, I am going to take the side of the doctors.

When you fall behind, it's the doctors who get bad publicity. Surely you must know how much work doctors have after seeing patients. Your job in part is to answer calls.

26000 is a large number, how many doctors are there.

As someone who used to be involved in that field, I can't honestly say I feel bad for you.

She's the practice manager but is also a partner so would be extremely difficult to approach another partner in confidence I would imagine. We are being run in to the ground. It will obviously be busy in the middle of a pandemic but we simply do not have enough staff and we are getting extra work added on each day. We are also taking over another surgeries patients in May so God help us all. They've even added vaccination clinics on for Saturdays and Sundays, haven't even asked us and just expected that we will all work 7 days per week due to the 'needs of the business'. What about our needs?!
If you are taking over other surgeries you might get some of their staff.

If you are not getting extra staff, just be glad that you are not the ones getting taken over and loosing your job.

It may sound harsh but you are talking as if you have no idea of what else goes on in a practice.

Last edited:

Merpedy

VIP Member
How many decent people are suspicious of the vaccine!!!! I have some lovely friends that have seen a “documentary” and will now refuse to get the jab. I was gobsmacked

There has been a lot of pushback against this sort of online quackery and marketing, and yet I’m seeing more people dip their toes into antivax stuff than ever. Maybe it’s just because the pool of people that have to consider getting a vaccine as adults is bigger than it usually is
May have changes since but the fact that Facebook simply flags anti-vax stuff as being 'untrue' (or something along those lines) rather than straight up deleting it really annoys me.
You have a whole community on your hands which is now a danger to the general population. This community already believes that the mainstream media is basically lying, censoring their posts like this just makes people believe it more. Obviously the same would happen if the posts were deleted, but at least then the rest of Facebook doesn't have to see them.
I'm one for free speech and all that, but this is a bit of a public safety issue and therefore should be limited

amyy

VIP Member
My false nail snapping off whilst I was inside Specsavers...it's the small things that get to me lol

L3moning

VIP Member
Waiting for an Amazon delivery that still just says "before 9pm today" on the delivery tracker, which usually means it hasn't left the distribution centre yet. Annoying, because I also want to go shopping at some point.

Clairer86

VIP Member
Just to say to save you from having to go to the gp if you’re prone to UTIs you can actually get antibiotics via superdrug and a couple of other places online. You have to fill out a form. You can also request to have a supply for future use if you’re confident at recognising the symptoms. Been a lifesaver for me!
Ohhh thats interesting and would really help me as i get UTI's all of the time!

But because of my mental health/ past behaviour, im only allowed 1 weeks worth of my prescriptions at a time- my psychiatrist at the hospital set that up, which i can understand tbh. But i will certainly ask them about this. thank you :)

bolimepipi

VIP Member
Applied for a new job in October. One month (and a few tests) later I went to a different city to do more assessments. I passed! Received the call in January offering me the exact job in the exact location I wanted. Immediately sent off a load of required info for the vetting process, which I passed last Monday. I’ve spent every day since then just waiting, I feel like I’m in limbo. I just want them to get in touch and tell me when I can start! I’ve put so much time and effort into this, yet I still can’t get excited as I’m worried something will go wrong and I’ll have wasted the last few months for nothing. How hard can it be to send me an email or give me a quick call to update me on this??? My savings won’t last much longer 😞
would it be okay if you got in touch with them to check?

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
My MIL is on facetime and she always sings the bloody Teletubbies theme tune

I mean thats bad enough but she bloody sings it wrong?

Its 'say EH-OH' but she says 'say hello'

It does my head in

Maybe it just does my head in cos that's what I hear for 30 minutes twice a day

Can you tell im typing this while she's on the phone 🤣
Does she call every day, twice a day? I purposely don’t even answer the phone when my MIL calls.

Georgethecat

VIP Member
Congrats!
Will you miss your current job or the people you work with?
No this wasn't an issue at all, the role wasn't challenging, I get on well with my current colleagues but I can't say I'll miss them. What industry are you in? Are you close with your workmates? I still keep in touch with my colleagues from my previous work that closed last summer via a group chat. We all left at the same time though so it was a nice thing to carry on and we added a few more into our existing old team group chat.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
My new neighbours have a kid that runs around a lot and screams which makes ridiculous thumping noises in my house. They are nice and pleasant so I don’t want to go round there and say your child is feral 😂
I feel your pain, kids next door run/bang/scream 24/7 I swear. It honestly doesn’t bother me that much it’s just the nighttimes I lose my rag and get so annoyed about it... but then come the morning I have calmed down so never say anything!

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Got a text from the NHS to say I've tested positive for Covid-19, and that I should SI from the day I first had symptoms, which I think was last Sunday.

So not only only did I have PCR Test (negative) 2 days before I flew out of South Africa roughly 12 days ago, and self isolated for the mandatory 10 days after returning home (which was up yesterday), it would seem I have to SI for another 6 or 7 days.

It will also mean Kate, who is currently living with me as my "support bubble", and who has already had C19 back in November, will have to SI with me too as a precaution (I don't even know if you can get it a second time?)

Clearly I must have picked it up somewhere between SA, Paris, London and Carlisle, as I haven't been out of the house since my return on the 24th Jan.

Fuck! :(
How have you been feeling symptoms wise?