What’s annoying you right now?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Certain people I know buying dogs during lockdown and I know damn well that poor dog is gonna get dumped once lockdown is over. Kids back to school, they are back in work. We've wanted one for years, if you've wanted one for years why didn't you get one earlier???? I know why because you didn't have the time to look after one pre lockdown. My love for dogs is strong and I just sense that there will be some poor doggies left with separation anxiety.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Certain people I know buying dogs during lockdown and I know damn well that poor dog is gonna get dumped once lockdown is over. Kids back to school, they are back in work. We've wanted one for years, if you've wanted one for years why didn't you get one earlier???? I know why because you didn't have the time to look after one pre lockdown. My love for dogs is strong and I just sense that there will be some poor doggies left with separation anxiety.

A lot of people I work with bought dogs are they now work from home and believe this to permanent . I thought it was insane as we will have to go back a few days a week not to mention job security.

Reactions: 1
A lot of people I work with bought dogs are they now work from home and believe this to permanent . I thought it was insane as we will have to go back a few days a week not to mention job security.
It’s just this one family that has wound me up so much as they will be both back in work and kids back in school and they already had a hectic lifestyle. I totally get people getting dogs if they know that they will be working from home permanently. I’m holding back in getting another as my dog passed away a few years ago but both myself and my other half are both back in work and it just wouldn’t be fair. I would get one in a heartbeat if I knew I could work from home forever but that ain’t ever gonna happen. 😂

Separation anxiety will be a big issue I reckon as people are working from home and the puppies (since I assume they're getting young dogs) will be used to that. I feel bad for shelters honestly, I can't imagine it's easy to rehome dogs with separation anxiety or it takes a lot of work to fix it at that point which is probably hard in a shelter.

Reactions: 4
I got a lot of that when my son was diagnosed two years ago. It got to the point where I just learnt to ignore it. Some people you can educate, especially children, others not so much. I think a lot of people just don’t know what to say or are actually quite ignorant to conditions like autism (especially older people, I find). Currently waiting for the official diagnosis for my younger son now and it feels like deja vu. He has to have a blood test done to check for other developmental disorders.

I hope you’re doing ok yourself. It can be a gut punch hearing from a professional that your suspicions are correct. I cried for about a week when my son was officially diagnosed, despite fully expecting it and also feeling relieved that we were being taken seriously after being told I was being stupid. ❤
Thankyou❤ you are so right! Adults are such harder work when understanding things like this. I Just need to learn to rise above and keep my chin up.

its such a mixture of emotions, relief that’s something is finally being done but again like you said it’s a kick in the gut.
They asked about siblings/ family history during the appointment and have strongly advised we get my eldest checked also due to some of the traits she shows. I just wasn’t expecting to come away with issues with them both :(

• Heart
Reactions: 3
my nieghbours, they are a couple so not entitled to a bubble, but are endlessly having friends over

• Angry
My other half absolutely HAVING to buy a bloody ice cream every time the van comes down the street 🤦🏼‍♀️ £10 yesterday and £10 today on four ice creams for him and the kids. I’m saying no out of principle!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
What’s annoying me today?

bleeping lockdown.

Have finally reached my limit. Can’t have a drive and a wander on a quiet expanse of beach. Can’t go for a meal out or do anything other than sit in the house/ sit in the house working.

It’s fine for family members to be forced to travel for “essential work” Monday to Friday but, heaven forbid, they/we head 4 miles West into the neighbouring Local Authority to visit a park.

It can all bloody piss off. The slowness of reducing lockdown can do one. Now we’re seeing stories in the fear rags that stay local may be a thing going forward. No bleeping chance. 😡🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My other half absolutely HAVING to buy a bloody ice cream every time the van comes down the street 🤦🏼‍♀️ £10 yesterday and £10 today on four ice creams for him and the kids. I’m saying no out of principle!
We have an ice cream van around every week day, I was always wondering who nowadays buys them, especially with corner shops and ice cream everywhere, guess I have my answer! £10 a day is insane!

Thankyou❤ you are so right! Adults are such harder work when understanding things like this. I Just need to learn to rise above and keep my chin up.

its such a mixture of emotions, relief that’s something is finally being done but again like you said it’s a kick in the gut.
They asked about siblings/ family history during the appointment and have strongly advised we get my eldest checked also due to some of the traits she shows. I just wasn’t expecting to come away with issues with them both :(
It’s hard though. Some of the comments we’ve had, it’s shocking. I got into an argument with a woman on the bus because my son was having a meltdown (it was a different number bus to which we usually got and he couldn’t handle the change in routine). I had my youngest in the buggy at the time so was quite the juggle and the bus was packed. This woman actually tried to give my son into trouble for crying. I was gobsmacked. I told her not to dare speak to my son like that again and to mind her own business. I ended up getting off a couple of stops earlier, I was so harassed.

I was pregnant with my youngest when autism came into our lives and I hadn’t even considered he might have it too until the past year or so when he started displaying behaviours. It does sink in though, just takes a while. I wouldn’t change my wee boys for the world ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
We have an ice cream van around every week day, I was always wondering who nowadays buys them, especially with corner shops and ice cream everywhere, guess I have my answer! £10 a day is insane!
Yes, thank you - it bloody is! Plus we’re only in March, is he gonna keep this up every weekend throughout the year?! 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Landlord is here (again) to continue working on the balcony. The door is wide open so the flat is FREEZING and the drilling is so loud I can barely hear Four in a Bed 😂😂

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Is anyone actually happy? I mean, seriosuly?

How can people be happy? I long for death. Lack the capacity to change. Lack the capacity for anything.

Is anyone actually happy?

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Is anyone actually happy? I mean, seriosuly?

How can people be happy? I long for death. Lack the capacity to change. Lack the capacity for anything.

Is anyone actually happy?
I am sorry you are so down at the moment. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Was asked last week if wanted to meet some friends at a local park. I said can we go somewhere for a walk and a coffee as local park is not really a park. It’s a field with a swing. Heard nothing since.

Today their Instagram stories are at a park over 20 miles away feeding the ducks, eating ice cream. Never asked me. I’ve asked why not. Not had a reply but stories have been updated since.

I’m so pisssd off. It’s the same “friends” I mention here a lot. Time to cut strings but feel so upset about it all.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Was asked last week if wanted to meet some friends at a local park. I said can we go somewhere for a walk and a coffee as local park is not really a park. It’s a field with a swing. Heard nothing since.

Today their Instagram stories are at a park over 20 miles away feeding the ducks, eating ice cream. Never asked me. I’ve asked why not. Not had a reply but stories have been updated since.

I’m so pisssd off. It’s the same “friends” I mention here a lot. Time to cut strings but feel so upset about it all.
I hope you are ok. That's not nice, but don't fall into the trap of blaming yourself for other people's rudeness

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I hope you are ok. That's not nice, but don't fall into the trap of blaming yourself for other people's rudeness
Thank you. I’ve had a bit of a cry. It’s been going on for a weeks. It’s like they are actively trying to lose me as a friend and I’m not sure why. I don’t know what I have done wrong and it’s really upsetting me but I know I shouldn’t want to be friends with people like this. We are in our 30’s for god sake!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
He amount of people selling lumispa is actually a nuisance now! Even people who I like. It is really off putting and I have to mute them. How they make any sales is beyond me, crazy price for a face vibrator 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Thank you. I’ve had a bit of a cry. It’s been going on for a weeks. It’s like they are actively trying to lose me as a friend and I’m not sure why. I don’t know what I have done wrong and it’s really upsetting me but I know I shouldn’t want to be friends with people like this. We are in our 30’s for god sake!
I am so sorry that this is happening to you. It actually has upset me quite a bit.

It's only natural that you are looking inwardly trying to seek out flaws or answers for this situation. But it really isn't your fault.

I know it sucks but you cannot control other people's actions. It's not your fault.

You stay strong and firm and don't go looking for acceptance from people who clearly don't have your interests at heart.

Hugs your way

Huge mass gatherings of football fans in Glasgow. Police suddenly doing f*ck all, so much for being stuck at home and not being allowed to anything the last 2 months. The lack of enforcement means that 2 months were for nothing and are now in the bin.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.