Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

flutternutter

VIP Member
My Asda delivery didn't come (I saw the driver stop outside my house and have a cigarette and then drive off) and I am isolating due to being pinged on the NHS app. I called up customer services and they said I could order again and they'd refund the original order (but this would take a few days to refund) or I could collect the order from their head office.

I told them I can't collect it and I don't want to have to reorder it because then I'd be out of pocket twice until the bank refunds me. She just kept repeating those two options and in the end I just said I wasn't interested in the order anymore and to please cancel immediately.

I was just looking forward to drinking the couple of craft beers I bought over the weekend in the garden as it's meant to be warm. I also bought some nice breakfast stuff to cheer myself up, but instead I'll be having stale cereal with out of date milk as that's the only thing I have in my fridge 😅.
Asda customer services for deliveries are the absolute worst! Its like they just pay ppl to answer the phone. They cant do ANYTHING!

I had 1 crate of food missed on my delivery. I was sure rhe delivery guy just forgot to take it out and was probably driving round with it so my simple request was can you get in contact and ask/tell him to pop back OR i can drive to asda and pick it up after his round

Person on the phone "we dont have contacts for the drivers"

Reactions: 1

VIP Member
Is it really?! I had wanted lip filler and a bit of botox but after seeing how awful some of these girls look (IMO of course) I have decided against it
I don't totally agree the increase in enquiries have anything to do with the show but it's worrying that women are doing this more and more.

VIP Member
Fucking o2!!

The past 3 weeks no cell coverage due to a broken phone mast which had already been "repaired" twice
in the past 3 months. This phone mast is only up the bloody road, my area has always been piss poor for
mobile communications. Changing networks isn't going to help either so the only way to phone my base
is with the landline.

Cloak

VIP Member
There’s a mozzy flying around my pillow buzzing and I can’t find him urghhh

• Angry

bunnyboo

VIP Member
Does anyone here use Slack for work? People who use the '@here' tag when it's quite clearly not intended for everyone in the channel should have their slack privileges removed for a few hours. I've gotten three notifications in the past hour from colleagues misusing the '@here' tag and I'm getting pretty annoyed now.

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Nope their hedge, if you cut your neighbours vegetation, legally they own it, you must return it to them.
Nope, you are duty-bound to offer it back to them, if they don't want it, you have to dispose of it yourself. You cannot just throw it over their side of the garden.

We will still be able to see the headge because its over 15ft.

Also its a very large garden even fencing would cost thousands of pounds. Im tempted just to get hacker it down to about 10 ft whilst they are on holiday. When its done its done.

Its not sunny here but so clammy. 🥵

It's not a good situation. I have a neighbour from hell and to block her out the council put in a high privacy fence. But for me, it wasn't high enough, so I had planters made with a trellis that went another 3 feet, you must not have it attached to the actual boundary but if it's in your own garden on your side of the boundary then it's ok to have it higher. Many people make fences out of all kinds of things that look amazing and are very cheap or free. maybe have a search

Also yes cut the thing right down.. unless they are the type to sue you? That's what I think I would be tempted to do.

I actually think its disgraceful that someone can have a hedge/ trees/ bushes that encroach on other people's property and you have to pay to manintain it. Law is truly a asss

Last edited:

no-no

VIP Member
Fruit flies? Make a trap for them; fill a small container of apple cider vinegar and add a few drops of dish soap to it. Leave it in the area the flies have been hanging around and let it do it’s thing. They’ll be attracted to the vinegar but the soap will kill them off. We got them a lot last summer, drove me mad but the trap worked.

Thing that’s annoying me today…well, that would be the giant zit on my chin. :(
Yep, fruit flies! Thanks, they’re in the kitchen but a few have migrated to the living room 😼 I will put a little bowl in the kitchen. My dog is watching my every move now because I clapped before 🙄 so much for a chilled evening…

• Heart

DinosaursLayEggs

What breed is the dog? I just ask as some dogs it’s a welfare issue. Not saying this to be mean, I am only saying it as maybe someone who’s not taking on new clients will take them as it’s a welfare issue if that makes sense? Have you tried to do a wanted post on one of the local area Facebook groups? I hope you get in somewhere soon!
I have a Pomeranian. I posted to our local FB page and got loads of recommendations but as I called them up, they all said they aren’t accepting new clients. Luckily, someone else mentioned that vets can clip nails so I called up the nearest vet and they’re happy to do it tomorrow. It doesn’t solve the issue of her needing her fur cut, so we won’t be winning any awards for looks once I’m done, BUT at least the nails will be done and she’ll be way more comfortable!

Beggars belief

VIP Member
My dog taking over the bed! It’s daft how I don’t want to move him to disturb his sleep, when he can sleep all day tomorrow lol

TheGlossy

VIP Member
I have my vaccine scheduled for tomorrow after I decided to reschedule last week due to schedule conflicts.

One week later, I'm none wiser. I'm still not fully comfortable with the vaccine and can't make up my mind as to whether I want to wait it off another while.

With all these stories of people being double-vaxxed and yet still managing to catch COVID, I'm questioning the whole purpose of the process. I feel like I'm about to get the vaccine under societal duress. Basically, these days it's either you get the vaccine and you're a functioning member of society or you don't and you get ostracized. Someone take me to another planet. I'd rather live on Venus and melt like a candle in the sun at this point lol.

On another note, I'm due to be off from this evening until next Tuesday and of course, the rain decided to be our uninvited annoying guest of the week! Same thing happened when I took the first week of July off. The weather was marvelous for weeks prior and after my leave, but of course, it was horrendous during that one specific week. The Irish weather has a vendetta against me!

Last edited:

JOHN1967

VIP Member
My work from home setup/space vs my husbands! He is working from the bedroom and works in there with the door closed and I'm basically not allowed in. I'm working from our living space so have to put up with him invading my workspace when he's taking breaks/getting drinks etc :mad: I know I'm being a bit OTT but the double standards just annoy me a bit. He's so inconsiderate and bangs about, distracts me and tries to talk to me when I'm on calls but god forbid I even try to go near the bedroom when he's working.

Bring on our return to the office!
Why not take it in turns, for example swap working areas every week.

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
My neighbour and their hedge. Right its their hedge and absolutely massive. Like 15+ foot, divides are gardens. They won't let us chop down a few feet. But they never pay to have it cut. We end up getting our side and the top trimmed (we pay for it as its a scaffold job). As soon as we've paid to get it done they get their trimmers and just do the sides. Fucking drives me up the wall. Tight cunts!

Build a fence or wall or something on your side of the boundry.

Just do your side and sling all the clippings over
You can't do that as its classed as fly tipping