Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I have a Pomeranian. I posted to our local FB page and got loads of recommendations but as I called them up, they all said they aren’t accepting new clients. Luckily, someone else mentioned that vets can clip nails so I called up the nearest vet and they’re happy to do it tomorrow. It doesn’t solve the issue of her needing her fur cut, so we won’t be winning any awards for looks once I’m done, BUT at least the nails will be done and she’ll be way more comfortable!
I know it probably won’t look pretty but you could do it yourself with some clippers. The dog probably won’t behave that well though like it does at the vets - I did a lhasa Apso I had years ago. He was a wee shite when I did it and an angel at the groomers!

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
Yeah there's been a lot of whinging including me (I'm asthamtic) but it definately isn't exclusive to England. Would be hard to narrow that down anyway as most don't give geographical locations when moaning.

Rainbow1

VIP Member
I think my husband only forgets when I remind him .
The bin men come early where we live now and everyone else puts their bin our the night before. They must think we always forget as ours goes out about 2 minutes before they arrive
We are the same 🤣

TheGlossy

VIP Member
I don't know if Boots suddenly decided to remove their packs of 2 masks for €3 (that were the perfect size) and sell €15 packs instead, but near impossible to find the usual pack of 2 for €3 in any Boots today. I gave up after the 2nd Boots I checked. In case they didn't realize, masks are still mandatory in Ireland and I don't want to pay €15 for masks (pack of 4). I get it might be different in the UK from the 19th on, but I'm never buying €15 worth of disposable masks in one go. They don't even display them at the entrance anymore. You have to go and fetch them somewhere in some back aisle. First time I've seen this since the pandemic hit. Where are they going with this?

glasgow27

VIP Member
Bit petty but celebs who go on TV and don't turn off their phone notifications - makes me paranoid that I've missed an important text/call.

HumphreyB

VIP Member
Today it’s my kids. We are quite a health focused family without banning foods. Moderation approach but my kids as soon as I leave will gorge on anything that I do buy. I’m frustrated with trying to find the balance

Rainbow1

VIP Member
All my annoyances are car related recently 🤣 mentioned trading in my old car, it wouldn’t start other day and had breakdown people come out (2 hours late) they jump started and says nothing wrong with battery can’t see why it wouldn’t start don’t worry about it should be fine now- I took it for a drive down motorway too, stopped and drove back seemed fine
Just went to go out and won’t start again 🙄 happy to take it to garage myself if they start it again but logistics of taking it with a 6 month old baby when it’s raining like this and garage is a 15 min drive away is giving me a headache 🥴

HelloStereo

VIP Member
The heat. I’ve got the fan on full blast and I’m still sweating my tits off.
It's so warm. I hate that it's going to get even warmer tomorrow and Sunday.

That takes the piss
I know right? I never really know what to say in these situations because it's not the customer service rep's fault but now I'm a bit stuck 😅 . Never ordering a home delivery from Asda again.

Viewer1901

VIP Member
The old owners of my house left us a compost bin (not that we wanted it) so I thought we’d use it to plant some plants today. Except it was full of non-compostable rubbish and absolutely infested with ants, flies, spiders you name it. Spent all morning emptying it and now I’m feeling phantom bugs crawling on me.

CherryAcid

VIP Member
Something else thats annoyed me today, the dept had a big meeting to go over why we oppose to the changes in the consultation. I emailed to ask when the notes/minutes would be available only to be told that none were made. Well why was the big head of dept typing on his laptop throughout leaving all the talking to HR then?

Penguin86

VIP Member
Had to use about 10 tissues instead of toilet paper today because we've run out (shopping is due between 11-12)

My annoyance is the fact that yesterday there was 1 and a half toilet rolls in the upstairs bathroom when I came upstairs to my room at 6pm yesterday and when i went to bed only 1 was left and now there's none. I live with 3 other people but how the hell does that much get used!

Mamacita

VIP Member
Is it really?! I had wanted lip filler and a bit of botox but after seeing how awful some of these girls look (IMO of course) I have decided against it
Same. Actually I got Botox and love it but all their lips put me off fillers completely, how can people think it looks good...

HelloStereo

VIP Member
And he didn't phone because? For reasons unknown to me, hardly anyone can find my flat. They call me to ask where in the street it is.

Insomnia. Onky been awake since 3am. :(
Because he wanted to use the opportunity for a cigarette break 😅. I saw him there but didn't realise he was my delivery driver until after because tracking said mine was delayed.

I hope you manage to get some sleep soon.

VIP Member
I've had an ear infection, and my ear is still blocked but the doctors keep saying it'll sort itself. okay, maybe but the pain is excruciating
The Doctor is possibly talking BOLLOCKS, go and see another Doctor, you need at least 2 different ear drops, antibiotic and a steroid then
the hearing should improve. If you really in pain, don't muck about, it could be serious, I've been there and at this moment I'm having my
own hearing problem which I am solving on my own.

Pat the Dog

VIP Member
Yep! It’s an online shop so I used the voucher yesterday when I ordered for collection tomorrow. It was accepted and the price reduced by £20. They’ve emailed late afternoon to say it’s not valid and that I could cancel before 6pm. Except I didn’t look at my emails until 7pm 😩 so now I have no option to cancel and the price is back up by £20.
Oh dear, this sounds like it wasn't meant to be and unfortunately you have found out the hard way! Not only was voucher invalid - IMO, it shouldn't have been accepted in the first place. Also you missed the time to cancel. Unless you have used these vouchers before, be careful in the future.

Hello Kitty

VIP Member
At loggerheads with partner over dog. He’s owned him for a few years before we got together and let’s him wee/poo all over garden including furniture and doesn’t see it as a big deal, I’ve never stepped foot in garden due to it and refuse to use furniture
Moving to our new house soon and I said he’s not allowed to toilet outside especially as we have a young crawling baby I want to be able to enjoy new garden
Apparently I’m being unreasonable, I’ve never owned a dog before please tell me this isn’t normal?!
I wouldn't let my pet wee on the furniture but it would need to have an area in the garden, otherwise where else would it go?