Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gossipgremlin

The weather! It’s so rubbish right now and changes on a minute by minute basis so basically a raincoat and umbrella ☔ are now with me at all times even if I’m driving! I’m still getting pedicures even though I’m barely wearing my Birkies!

Oh a “school friend”, the kind of person who shouldn’t be on intstagram, she’s peddling a fake relationship with someone she’s never met and she’s very fake and also cagey re this guy. I see her very occasionally, she messages me on FB but she’s just so bloody annoying! Took her off insta but told her why before I did it so she doesn’t request me to follow her again. And she wrote “we don’t talk much anyway”. Yes cos you’re full of shit and I have my own life!

takhana

A wise person once told me to book leave on either side of a big weekend - on the day prior, so you can do all your housework before the event; and on the day after, so you can chill out and psych yourself up for work. It works!
I've had ten days off now so I think my manager would have been a bit annoyed if I'd booked tomorrow off too!

I had some issues with my annual leave just before Christmas - as I work as part of a team but also alone, if I take too much off in one go 'without good reason' it gets denied.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I feel you, a lot of my friends are like this, too. I am not buying the “got too busy at work” thing anymore 🙄

And what’s annoying me right now is the fact that I always feel like I’m being clingy and annoying when I take the first step. Surely somebody has to take it?
I make the first step. Then I do it twice more ,once to give the benefit of the doubt, then again as 1 last chance.

We have never met up .

no-no

VIP Member
Those tiny flies that zip off when you see them 😤 I know I’m vegan but they’re ruining my evening beer because I can’t put my drink down. And if I try to clap them my dog gets worked up thinking I’ve gone loopy. I know bluebottles are annoying but at least they let you kick them out the house!

HumphreyB

VIP Member
My MIL is making such a difference now my SIL is pregnant.. she has never offered to have my daughter over night even when my daughter has asked for a sleep over at granny's but now my sil is pregnant she is now converting her spare room into a 'nursery' for when the baby arrives and goes round to her house. She has bought loads of baby stuff but when my little girl was born we got nothing at all.... is it normal to be annoyed or am I just being jealous?
I can absolutely relate. My MIL is generally amazing and I love her but her level of support when I was pregnant and when my kids were tiny was non existent compared to other own daughter. I just put it down to the fact mums and their daughters can be closer? Doesnt make it any easier. Mine has never changed, my kids are older now and have still never had a sleep over in their nans

So I’ve just moved to a new area, and I’m trying to find a groomers to take my dog to, but none of them are taking on new clients. I can probably attempt her coat my myself (although it’ll look shit) but I don’t trust myself to cut her nails and they desperately need doing. Not sure what to do as my previous groomers are a 4 hour drive away so it’s not an option to go back. I get groomers have done this because of covid but at the same time, how is anyone supposed to become a customer if they won’t take them on?!
Get a local vet to do the nails. I did. My groomer closed for a while over covid so I did my own dog but couldnt manage the nails so called a vet and they did it no issue, didnt even charge me.

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
I can absolutely relate. My MIL is generally amazing and I love her but her level of support when I was pregnant and when my kids were tiny was non existent compared to other own daughter. I just put it down to the fact mums and their daughters can be closer? Doesnt make it any easier. Mine has never changed, my kids are older now and have still never had a sleep over in their nans.
Not the case for everyone. My mum is for all my brothers son. The rest of my family are up everyone's arses except for mine. They can comment and like everyone else's status and pictures about their kids but when it comes to mine...... it's a deafening NOTHING! and they think I'm too stupid to realise. 🙄

Kim Mild

VIP Member
True I’ve said it can have a area but he insists dog needs to mark his territory and go where he wants

Yeah happy for a area but the furniture bit for me was the snap point today as watched him wee all over the top of the outdoor coffee table 😩
How big is the dog?

DuckDuck

VIP Member
Whatever happened in the days before Covid ….when peop0kehad cold sand hay fever
My daughter has had LF tests since last Friday because she had a cold and was sneezing and nauseous she tested EVERY SINGLE DAY. She even took the LF negative tests into school on Monday
They sent her home yesterday because she was coughing
They are ‘unsatisfied’ with the LF test results and I had to drive her to a PCR testing site
So why are schools recommending the twice weekly LF tests if they are unsatisfactory?
Ffs… now she’s sneaking out when me and her father are at work

Sardine

Chatty Member
People hacking our streaming devices! Our Hulu, Netflix and Spotify accounts get hacked every couple of months - it just happened to our Hulu account yet again :mad:
Is there a way you can find our their IP addresses? what sort of countries are they in? Im sorry this has happened to you. People who hack for bad reasons are the worst.

I know that sometimes these people sell your information to the next criminal so just curious if its the same people or not. Have Hulu said anything? I regularly check if any of my passwords have been compromised. Google has the option In chrome if your details are saved there 😕

VCJR

VIP Member
The US - Canada border is still fucking closed after 16 months. Come fucking on! I’m double vaxxed, my family is double vaxxed, I have no family or friends in Canada. I just want to be able to see my friends and family very soon. It’s been long overdue!
My husband and I are currently stuck in Canada 😫.

DinosaursLayEggs

So I’ve just moved to a new area, and I’m trying to find a groomers to take my dog to, but none of them are taking on new clients. I can probably attempt her coat my myself (although it’ll look shit) but I don’t trust myself to cut her nails and they desperately need doing. Not sure what to do as my previous groomers are a 4 hour drive away so it’s not an option to go back. I get groomers have done this because of covid but at the same time, how is anyone supposed to become a customer if they won’t take them on?!

Sheabutter

VIP Member
I have become increasingly paranoid and anxious and superstitious. I do not like this.
For example, I just bought some clothes today using Afterpay (Instalment Pay website) and I am nervous because last time I used that website to buy something, my ex dumped me right after. I know rationally there is no correlation whatsoever but I am just terrified.
The same thing with wearing some dresses because I am scared of bad mojo or being jinxed by previous events that happened while wearing those dresses. Or with buying a particular brand of wine for a new person because things did not pan out well with previous people I have shared the wine with. I want these types of thoughts to stop.
Aw! Maybe try a smudging ritual? I used to do one every time after a certain person dropped by 😬

New thread permissions… Already made a post in forum business asking for help posting a new topic. I know I’m being impatient but omg I want to see my baby come to life 🍪 ✨

Last edited:

Icbaaaa

VIP Member
Our one double the prices, starting charging the adults and all for 2-hour sessions rather than letting people stay all day if they wanted.

The baby had a membership and only got to use it twice, they did extend it but we were still lockdown and they were closed.
and will take picnics etc
I can no longer afford to take the grandchildren out, so now we are looking for free large parks and will take picnics etc. dread to think what we will do for winter. but probably be locked down anyway the way things are.

Took the kids to Rushmear Park yesterday ( Leighton Buzzards) ) total cost for all of us was £4 to park the car.

Maybe someone could make a thread on good cheap days out for the kids. I don't know if that's allowed or not.
That's shocking isn't it!! Ours is the same, it's now charging for adults and it shows their previous prices as under 5's it's £5 but when you use the booking system and contact them it's £13 now. I need to pay full price for my daughter to come who's 10 weeks old and obviously can't go into the soft play area. So I'd be almost £30 for me, 10 week daughter and 2 year old son to go for him to play for 90 mins.

I was looking forward to them opening as its an activity he really enjoys and I could grab a coffee but it's definitely gonna need to just be a treat just now, as its not something I'd be able to afford weekly as I'm part time and currently on maternity leave.

Park and picnic idea sounds really good! I'm gonna look into some nearby us and go one day now the good weather's returned!
I agree about winter time, it'll be a struggle for ideas if we go back into lockdown which I think could be the case!