Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
So I’ve just moved to a new area, and I’m trying to find a groomers to take my dog to, but none of them are taking on new clients. I can probably attempt her coat my myself (although it’ll look shit) but I don’t trust myself to cut her nails and they desperately need doing. Not sure what to do as my previous groomers are a 4 hour drive away so it’s not an option to go back. I get groomers have done this because of covid but at the same time, how is anyone supposed to become a customer if they won’t take them on?!
What breed is the dog? I just ask as some dogs it’s a welfare issue. Not saying this to be mean, I am only saying it as maybe someone who’s not taking on new clients will take them as it’s a welfare issue if that makes sense? Have you tried to do a wanted post on one of the local area Facebook groups? I hope you get in somewhere soon!

Melian

VIP Member
Ok this might just be me being high maintenance but I have one friend who is just always a little bit late. Only by about 10/15 minutes, but it really pisses me off! I always let her pick the time, so surely if the first thing she always says to me is “sorry I’m late!” You’d think she’d just give herself some extra time or something? I think it bothers me as it usually leads to my most hated thing of waiting for someone in public 😂 I hate standing around or even worse waiting at a table for someone. Feels so awkward. I don’t mind so much if I’m just at home… but it’s still annoying to be ready and sat there on time and then waiting for what feels like ages. I’m just gonna start adding an extra 15 mins on to whatever time we’ve arranged to meet and save my stress levels!
I had a friend like this. He lived 5 minutes away. But he'd moan if I was 2 minutes late. Or he'd turn up 10 minutes early and moan that I'd kept him waiting.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Dreams beds who have not only kept me waiting over three months for my bed frame but they phoned to say they'd be here at 7.15am as mine was the first delivery on the list, so I got up at 6.15 to put everything away and make space for them. Not a sign of them yet :mad:
I ordered a bed from dreams in 2007. I drove from Eastbourne to Kent using handsfree on hold, didn’t get to speak to anybody.

LittleMy

VIP Member
Got a bit of a bad knee and the PT has had me do lunges, high jump, planks, rower machine all in one session.
Does the PT know about your bad knee? If so they should’ve gone easier on you.

I hurt my knee badly from running a few years ago and it really set me back.

Titntat

VIP Member
My neighbour and their hedge. Right its their hedge and absolutely massive. Like 15+ foot, divides are gardens. They won't let us chop down a few feet. But they never pay to have it cut. We end up getting our side and the top trimmed (we pay for it as its a scaffold job). As soon as we've paid to get it done they get their trimmers and just do the sides. Fucking drives me up the wall. Tight cunts!

VIP Member
OT but your pic has reminded me of Diddl! :love:
It is Diddl, got a huge collection of postcards from the 90's!

Back on topic, heavy downpour as expected and more on the way so defiantly no gardening today.

TheGlossy

VIP Member
In theory I know what to wear. In real life I never have time to pick a nice outfit and spend time getting ready . The kids always seem to wipe their faces/ hands on me . I feel so scruffy . I need my hair cut too .
I don't blame you. I'd be the same if I were a parent.

Sardine

Chatty Member
I was going to apply for a rather interesting ESG role. Went through the regular education/experience questions, then I saw the "diversity" questionnaire requesting the below information:
  • Race affiliation
  • Highest level of education achieved by parents by the time you turned 18
  • Were you availing of Free School Meals at any point during your school years?
  • What type of school did you attend (State-run selective school, state run non-selective, independent fee-paying school etc..)?
  • Would you describe yourself as coming from a lower socio-economic background compared to people in general?
I was astonished. What on earth is this? I don't believe these questions are genuinely asked in the name of so-called "diversity". These are quite discriminatory/intrusive questions that no one should be required to answer within the scope of a job application. It infringes several legal principles. Whilst I've seen "race" and "sexual orientation" being listed in questions for another companies, the above listed are the cherry on top. What does my parents' level of education or free school meals have anything to do with my professional capacities and credentials at this stage? Besides, the "compared to people in general" - what does this even mean? Smaller niche companies are sometimes out of this world with their application process.

Definitely cancelled the whole process once I saw these highly discriminatory questions in the same of "diversity". Yeah, right. Supposedly, the data will never be linked back to the individual application or be seen by the hiring manager. Well, surely enough, if they are part of the application questionnaire and you can't submit your application before answering these questions, then yes, by default the answers will be linked to your application. Who on earth are they fooling, I wonder.
Where did you see it advertised? Is there a report button? That's annoyed me too now

Clickbait

VIP Member
So I’ve just moved to a new area, and I’m trying to find a groomers to take my dog to, but none of them are taking on new clients. I can probably attempt her coat my myself (although it’ll look shit) but I don’t trust myself to cut her nails and they desperately need doing. Not sure what to do as my previous groomers are a 4 hour drive away so it’s not an option to go back. I get groomers have done this because of covid but at the same time, how is anyone supposed to become a customer if they won’t take them on?!
Not sure where you’re based but my friend who is a dog walker also grooms dogs - that may be an avenue to explore.

VIP Member
Bit of a rant here, and a warning too!

Today I decided to PAY my second instalment of my income tax bill using my debit card......Oh fucking hell things
have change since I payed back in January. Now I had to jump through loads of hoops to do this and because of
my failure to have a valid passport, I now have to wait a few days for a pin code via the post. I thought what a load
of bollocks so I paid my tax bill via online banking instead, I also paid my credit cards too. Anyone who is about
to pay their tax bill and hasn't got the new Government Gateway ID yet, prepare yourselves!! NI number is needed,
valid passport and you have to answer questions about credit/banking/bills. If you can't or refuse you have to wait
a few days for the pin code to register.

isabellalovescats

VIP Member
Afaik you live in NYC. But bars and clubs are back open if you wanna try and make friends in there. Also America never went into lockdowns like the rest of the world so mostly everything is open. Get out there and make friends! Be yourself and don’t let your anxiety control you from having fun. X
I’m originally from NYC but I moved to Canada a while back and I’ve been struggling with making friends here. 😞 My sister is still living in the city and I hear her talk about how everything is open again and she’s always going out doing stuff with friends or cousins and it makes me feel so pathetic. I’ll try to get out there more once the lockdown lifts the end of this month! Thank you so much for your encouragement! Do you have any tips for dealing with anxiety? I’m a bit nervous to be myself irl because I’m not sure if I’d fit in or if this is what people like here.

Savannah_xx

VIP Member
That I'm trying the ice in front of the fan to cool down. Am I doing it right? Don't notice a difference. This weather is making me feel 🤢