Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DinosaursLayEggs

Like a lot of people, I have gained a significant amount of weight. Ok, no biggie, I don’t like gaining weight but I don’t dislike the way I look either and don’t view myself negatively because of the weight gain. Spent £500-ish updating my entire wardrobe (including underwear) about 2 months ago. Cue to now, I’ve gained even more weight and don’t even fit into my new updated wardrobe. And I’m pissed off. I’m pissed off that it’s 30 degrees today and I either wear clothes that cut into my stomach and are too tight, or I wear my boyfriends joggers which, whilst comfortable, are too hot. Im pissed that my bras make me feel like I can’t breathe now. I’m pissed off that I spent £500 on a new wardrobe that made me feel good, only to not fit into it 2 months later. I’m not made of money, I can’t afford to spend another £500 on a new wardrobe. Complained about it on insta, only to get a ton of comments about internalised fatphobia, and it’s like NO! I don’t care that I gained weight, I don’t view myself as less of a person or feel like I don’t matter. I don’t think losing weight will make me any happier (well it will, but only because I will fit back into the clothes I just bought lol, not because I think losing weight gives me more self worth). I care that I spent a lot of money on clothes only to not fit into them and people are acting like I hate myself for it. I don’t think what I’m feeling is internalised fatphobia

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Bawsack89

I got into a confrontation yesterday and I'm still wondering if I did the right thing. I never speak up, it's a huge deal for me. I have ADHD so have the tendency to make a mountain out of a molehill sometimes. I was in the garden, it looks into an alley lined with other houses. Two guys were knocking doors, trying to get customers for their company. Think deliveries. I was minding my own business and I heard them loudly laughing and making racist 'jokes' to each other. Mainly abusing Asians and Chinese. My partner is Asian and heard them make P*** 'jokes'. He went inside, he was so angry and looked deflated. They were having the time of their lives, pissing themselves laughing. I saw red, opened the gate and asked politely what company they worked for.

Straight away he told me then aggressively asked why I wanted to know. I said myself and my boyfriend were offended by their racist language and it had upset him. He went off on one, shouting at me that he wasn't being racist he was joking, it was funny and I needed a sense of humour. I replied that racism isn't funny, it's not a joke and that he had upset my boyfriend who puts up with this shit daily. By this point I closed the gate because he was walking towards me shouting at me calling me names. I went inside and called the company to make a complaint.

Have I overreacted? Will the company take me seriously or will I be getting laughed at in an office somewhere?

I just don't find racism funny, I never have.

• Heart

GoofyPrincess

Chatty Member
My mum.

She is so self absorbed and so bitter/jealous towards me. I stopped telling her anything about me/my life a while ago because it was always met with a blunt snarky response then she would change the subject back to her eg. if I told her something I was happy/excited about her typical response would be 'oh it's alright for some'. Now I have to endure getting multiple messages a day telling me all about her and her life and never once does she ever ask about me. Even when it was my birthday last month all I got was 'Happy Birthday' then waffle about her day - she never even asked if I had a nice day/had plans etc.

Most days I'm fine with it but every so often I get a day like today where it just gets to me and I wish I had a mum who showed even a little bit of interest in me. Anyways, just having a quick rant on here to get it off my chest and make me feel better!

• Heart

LittleMy

VIP Member
My anxiety is through the roof today. The builders arrived yesterday to carry out the upgrade of our bathroom, downstairs toilet and electrics (after I was told it would now be next Monday due to delays). I get very anxious with people in my house that are not friends or family, and the fact that my house now looks like a bomb has been dropped on it just heightens that (can’t dealt with clutter and mess, I just want everything back to normal). I’ve hardly slept this week and feel so exhausted. Also my youngest son is very hyperactive and running rings around me. He and older brother keep clashing, all they’ve done is fight and scream and it’s not even 11am yet. My husband hasn’t helped much with moving things and arranging stuff, if anything he leaves the kitchen looking worse than ever in the morning before he goes to work and that’s more crap for me to deal with.

I’m just having a whinge, I’ll be grand after a cup of tea - once the power gets put back on. 🥴

• Heart
  • Sad

Meangirl815

VIP Member
My husband and i rarely get any nights out together, we also rarely have nights out independently.

His mate done a huge favour for us a few weeks ago so i have been suggesting to my husband that he takes him out for a few drinks, a way to say thank you blah blah

(and to get him out from under my feet as we either need a huge argument or some time apart)

So he's just text me from work to say he's arranged drinks etc for next weekend. But he's invited him here, drinks and the sofa to sleep over

NO, NO, NO.
That was NOT my plan

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I've got a lot going on at the moment, and unfortunately the way I tend to cope with things is through comfort eating. But now I feel like I've put weight on, I feel disgusting. Which is adding to the stress I already feel and it's a vicious circle.

• Heart
  • Sad

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
It was not a lovely evening. It was not warm.
It was boiling hot.

Kept seeing a few people on my social media sharing pics of having drinks this evening you know like winding down for the day.
Having drinks at home with caption saying lovely warm evening time to relax.

How are people sitting in that even enjoying a drink. I'd be melting

I've seen one's earlier in the day dressed nice with short dresses drinking out at a outdoor bar place and they look like they aren't suffering at all.

I'm lying on top of my bed panting like a dog.
If I was having a drink outdoors I couldn't be sitting there looking all nice.
I'd be sitting there and gasping for air.

Don't know how people can enjoy it.

I'm a winter baby. Was born in December.
Love cooler weather.
Even a little heat I can't take it so I'm here feeling like I'm being suffocated.

I had a shower and everything.
I'm wearing pj bottoms and a tshirt and it just feels sticky on me and just feels gross.

Don't know how people can sit out in that and be like this is lovely.

I'm here dying. 😥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I'm one of those people that hate summer and I dislike the sun strongly.

I love Winter. And rainy windy days.

People always saying miserable day when it's raining.
To someone who loves the rain today was the perfect example of what a miserable day is for someone who hates the sun.

It was just boiling nó breeze and its just boring.
I could never live some where say like Australia where its sunny every day. Imagine that every day just the same. It would be hell for me.

I'm in Ireland irish and proud 🇨🇮💚
I love in our country how the weather can be so different. Our weather isn't boring. You can have sun, rain, snow, all in the one day. If I had to wake up every day to a bright sunny clear day. I couldn't cope. Just boring. I know what I say is probably strange to some but everyone is different which is the great thing.

Don't know how people were sitting out in beer gardens not melting and I'm here gasping for air.

Not exaggerating. This winter baby doesn't do good in this weather.
I love living in a country that has seasons. I couldn't do summer all year round. Plus I prefer winter clothing to summer clothes. I loves coats, scarves and boots. 🌧☔❄

Last edited:
  • Heart

jarv

VIP Member
I've started with a headache, scratchy throat and runny nose today. Really hope it's not bloody covid!

• Sad
  • Heart

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Today I'm wearing a pair of khaki shorts and a white t shirt. The shorts are a decent length and wouldn't be considered sexy or anything.
My sister in law dropped off some stuff around half an ago and said 'god, you still wearing shorts at your age'
I turned 34 this year 😔
Clothes have no age limit

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I forgot to get the chicken out of the freezer for tea. Now I know how my Mum felt when I was younger and always forgot to get it out when she asked 🤣

• Haha
I reversed into a bollard and dented and scuffed my car. Raging isn’t the word. I have a reversing camera too; I just didn’t use them at all. No idea why got into me. I just swung back without looking in a single mirror 🙄

• Sad

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
That my husband is just happy to sit and do nothing at the weekend. Doesn’t want to go anywhere or do anything. Coupled with the fact he should have been away this weekend on a golfing trip it’s really winding me up. Plus, still working from home #pleasegoout

• Sad
  • Heart

nbt

VIP Member
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird when people at the till call you "young lady"? I'm 31, so I don't think the endearing "young lady" is appropriate. I'm rather petite and had my mask on, but I always get the "young lady", or worse, I once got "kiddo". I'm not offended when someone says "young lady" as I'm not old either, but it's a bit weird as I always think this term is better suited for children, teenagers and perhaps women in their early twenties. Not grown women in their 30s.
To be fair, I’m 32 and if anyone ever refers to be as a “lady” - for example, “let this lady come past”, I look behind to see if there’s a real lady stood behind me 😂

I’d be thrilled at young lady 😂

• Haha

LittleMy

VIP Member
Builders were supposed to be here this morning to start work on upgrading our bathroom. I couldn’t sleep last night for the anxiety of them coming. They were a no-show and nobody is picking up on the number I have on the letter. I have two small children at home who could’ve been out at the park or something fun instead of stuck at home waiting for nothing.

If they show up tomorrow morning first thing with no apology or explanation, Hell mend them.

• Angry
  • Sad
Myself. I have been working on my MH and self-esteem a lot recently, and just when I was starting to see the results, I ended up falling for a person who does not like me back 🤦‍♀️

• Sad