What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I ordered some coffee from amazon, delivery tomorrow. Realised i hadn't changed the address so cancelled the order.

Reordered and its telling me 'delivery date will be confirmed in due course'

I have 3 kids. I can't parent them without caffeine 😜😜

• Haha
Reactions: 9
LinkedIn - Someone from Finland managed to access my account on several occasions 28 days ago. This is based on the IP, they could very well be based anywhere and used a VPN. LinkedIn's weak security system failed to detect and flag this as "unusual" activity. I wasn't aware of this until today when I randomly checked the activity on my account before changing my password. I didn't get a single text from LinkedIn flagging these connections from Finland as unusual. I'm obviously not located there. I've now activated the 2FA for all my social medial/email accounts.

Eir - On top of their obscure charges that you have to always question with an incompetent customer service in order to get them rectified, they decided to increase their monthly fee by €6 (or 8%) when the inflation rate is currently at 1.7%. Absolutely joke. From September on, I'll be paying €36 for broadband only (no TV or phone). This is a complete rip off. In other European countries, you can find a Fibre broadband only contract for less than €25. Their broadband is nothing special.

Plus, the fact that I have a whole pile of ironing waiting for me over the weekend. I absolutely hate ironing with a passion. Worst chore ever.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Plus, the fact that I have a whole pile of ironing waiting for me over the weekend. I absolutely hate ironing with a passion. Worst chore ever.
Haha! I'd happily do that. Ironing is my favourite chore. Urghh, washing up is my least favourite chore

Reactions: 3
All my annoyances are car related recently 🤣 mentioned trading in my old car, it wouldn’t start other day and had breakdown people come out (2 hours late) they jump started and says nothing wrong with battery can’t see why it wouldn’t start don’t worry about it should be fine now- I took it for a drive down motorway too, stopped and drove back seemed fine
Just went to go out and won’t start again 🙄 happy to take it to garage myself if they start it again but logistics of taking it with a 6 month old baby when it’s raining like this and garage is a 15 min drive away is giving me a headache 🥴

Don't know if anyone replied to you, but most garages will pick up and drop off now, saving you the bother of getting the car to them. Same with MOT. I sit in the comfort of my home while my car is out for the morning or afternoon :D did the breakdown mention alternator or the starter motor? could be one of those.

Reactions: 1
I'm hungover off of one glass of wine and two cocktails 😩

• Haha
  • Heart
The Bas***d who has once again parked over our dropped kerby with a white H line. Sick to death of them and can't find out who it is although the number plate is local. It is making it very difficult to get out of the drive because it has a bend and a large wall and this car is parked over half of the entrance. Where are the traffic wardens when you want one. :mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 2
Don't know if anyone replied to you, but most garages will pick up and drop off now, saving you the bother of getting the car to them. Same with MOT. I sit in the comfort of my home while my car is out for the morning or afternoon :D did the breakdown mention alternator or the starter motor? could be one of those.
Well I left my hidden keys and my car on the drive on 3 separate occasions for a garage to pick up.

We’ve been to Dunkin Donuts and got a box of 12. I said we’d get two each and then my stepdaughter could pick another two for her friend who’s coming later.

So I picked, the youngest picked, then my other half selected one, then another, then another… and the kids are just looking at me like…

so I said, erm the kids are supposed to be picking.

Got home and he’s rammed 3 of the fuckers down his throat, two of which are the ones the kids picked!

Safe to say he’s not so popular right now.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
A couple of annoyances, I havent had a full weekend off since March and my two days off have either been coming off nights or split up. No onder I'm constantly knackered.
Also im currently using my dads car and just as i was getting out a notice a massive hand sized spider on the ceiling above me, had to climb out passenger side. Dreading getting back in when i finish at 11, please tell me it wouldve gone by then :(

• Sad
That so many can not see what's right in front of them. I find that absolutely bizare

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My husband and i rarely get any nights out together, we also rarely have nights out independently.

His mate done a huge favour for us a few weeks ago so i have been suggesting to my husband that he takes him out for a few drinks, a way to say thank you blah blah

(and to get him out from under my feet as we either need a huge argument or some time apart)

So he's just text me from work to say he's arranged drinks etc for next weekend. But he's invited him here, drinks and the sofa to sleep over

NO, NO, NO.
That was NOT my plan

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
thanks! Managed to get it fixed at a garage for small sun of £100 🥴 green flag breakdown weren’t much help, just kept saying I must be leaving lights on and it’s draining the battery 🙄 considering I’m in bed by 9 most days it’s highly unlikely

Ok this might just be me being high maintenance but I have one friend who is just always a little bit late. Only by about 10/15 minutes, but it really pisses me off! I always let her pick the time, so surely if the first thing she always says to me is “sorry I’m late!” You’d think she’d just give herself some extra time or something? I think it bothers me as it usually leads to my most hated thing of waiting for someone in public 😂 I hate standing around or even worse waiting at a table for someone. Feels so awkward. I don’t mind so much if I’m just at home… but it’s still annoying to be ready and sat there on time and then waiting for what feels like ages. I’m just gonna start adding an extra 15 mins on to whatever time we’ve arranged to meet and save my stress levels!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.