What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That my husband is just happy to sit and do nothing at the weekend. Doesn’t want to go anywhere or do anything. Coupled with the fact he should have been away this weekend on a golfing trip it’s really winding me up. Plus, still working from home #pleasegoout

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Today it’s my kids. We are quite a health focused family without banning foods. Moderation approach but my kids as soon as I leave will gorge on anything that I do buy. I’m frustrated with trying to find the balance

I love the sun and the heat, but not when I have to work.

When I'm on holiday abroad, someone else is cooking and cleaning for me. It's not the same.

Same, it's so annoying. Especially here in Scotland where its good weather for like max 3, maybe 4 weeks of the year if you add up all the single nice days together, the rest of the year is cold and miserable, but people still complain about the heat. And it's not even actually hot, usually not more than 25 degrees, normally it's less!!! And people still moan and moan. Why does anyone even bother going in holiday abroad if they can't handle 20 degrees

Reactions: 5
Boilers been bleeping broken all week. Wasn't too bad as 1.) the weather was hot I guess (I mean I hated the hotness but I'd rather it broke in the hot weather than cold I guess) but one thing I bleeping hated was having to go all old skool and use the kettle for a hot bath. Takes long AF!!! I'll never take it for granted now 🤣😡

So they were supposed to come out today, still waiting, instead of saying AM or PM, please, please narrow it down. I do not have the patience!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Cycling fascists like Jeremy vine that think we can do away with all motor vehicles and that the economy could function with only bicycles. I have nothing against ride bikes if you want to fine but we should have a choice and not immediately be vindicated for car ownership. Not everyone is a bad driver and some people need to drive a car for a variety of reasons that means it’s not possible for them to cycle everywhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I spend over two hours ironing clothes for the teens to just chuck them in their drawers.

The eldest has cracked his phone, even though he has screen protectors on both the front and back. Accidents happen but when we ask how he did it, he gets arsey and claims he doesn’t know.

All 3 kids do half arsed jobs so they can hurry up and go on their games. We’ve just told them to come off and do something that doesn’t involve staring at a screen until tea time, and now they are all arguing with each other.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
“What do you want to watch?” is the question that drives me insane every weekend.

“You choose, let’s watch that, no I hate horror. What about that, seen it. Let’s watch Succession, no , gotta pay for it”

Repeat ….

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
“What do you want to watch?” is the question that drives me insane every weekend.

“You choose, let’s watch that, no I hate horror. What about that, seen it. Let’s watch Succession, no , gotta pay for it”

Repeat ….
Along with ‘ what’s for dinner’ , drives me insane .

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I was going to apply for a rather interesting ESG role. Went through the regular education/experience questions, then I saw the "diversity" questionnaire requesting the below information:
  • Race affiliation
  • Highest level of education achieved by parents by the time you turned 18
  • Were you availing of Free School Meals at any point during your school years?
  • What type of school did you attend (State-run selective school, state run non-selective, independent fee-paying school etc..)?
  • Would you describe yourself as coming from a lower socio-economic background compared to people in general?
I was astonished. What on earth is this? I don't believe these questions are genuinely asked in the name of so-called "diversity". These are quite discriminatory/intrusive questions that no one should be required to answer within the scope of a job application. It infringes several legal principles. Whilst I've seen "race" and "sexual orientation" being listed in questions for another companies, the above listed are the cherry on top. What does my parents' level of education or free school meals have anything to do with my professional capacities and credentials at this stage? Besides, the "compared to people in general" - what does this even mean? Smaller niche companies are sometimes out of this world with their application process.

Definitely cancelled the whole process once I saw these highly discriminatory questions in the same of "diversity". Yeah, right. Supposedly, the data will never be linked back to the individual application or be seen by the hiring manager. Well, surely enough, if they are part of the application questionnaire and you can't submit your application before answering these questions, then yes, by default the answers will be linked to your application. Who on earth are they fooling, I wonder.
Where did you see it advertised? Is there a report button? That's annoyed me too now

Where did you see it advertised? Is there a report button? That's annoyed me too now
On LinkedIn. There is indeed a report button and "discrimination" is one of the options, but I'm not sure if it's worth reporting as LinkedIn probably doesn't give a toss.

Reactions: 1
Wondering how different (better) my life would be if things were different when I was younger.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Cycling fascists like Jeremy vine that think we can do away with all motor vehicles and that the economy could function with only bicycles. I have nothing against ride bikes if you want to fine but we should have a choice and not immediately be vindicated for car ownership. Not everyone is a bad driver and some people need to drive a car for a variety of reasons that means it’s not possible for them to cycle everywhere.
Jeremy Vine gets on my tits for myriad reasons but I'm definitely calling him a cycling fascist from now on.

It's such a "world doesn't exist outside of London" view. Ignorant twit.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.