What’s annoying you right now #10

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ordered a takeaway, 60 minutes was given as the delivery time.
Fine, had ordered in good time, so would just be nicely ready for it.
Nothing arrived, after an hour. Rang the place, repeatedly, couldn't get through.

Finally got through, this was now two hours since I first ordered.
'Oh yeah, that was for collection, it's been ready for ages.'

Nope, I ordered and PAID for delivery.
It arrived, cold and not particularly appetising. Ugh.
The guy pretended he had cooked it freshly after the mix up.
Yup, and what was that pink thing that just flew through the air 🐷...

If restaurants don't have the capacity for delivery, then they should take it off their options, and be collection only.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I think I have a chest infection. I’ve been phoning the doctors in the morning but once I've got from 40th in the queue to someone answering they say there are no more appointments and that they'll release some in the morning at 8am. And the cycle repeats. I think I'll just leave it, I was only phoning as I think I might need antibiotics.

• Sad
I think I have a chest infection. I’ve been phoning the doctors in the morning but once I've got from 40th in the queue to someone answering they say there are no more appointments and that they'll release some in the morning at 8am. And the cycle repeats. I think I'll just leave it, I was only phoning as I think I might need antibiotics.
I rang my GP surgery on Friday and the earliest appointment they could give me is three weeks away. Not much point in taking that when I'm unwell now. 🙄

• Sad
"You have won the Internet today" and variants of. Should be a banned phrase, especially on tattle , it sets my teeth on edge and I die a little bit inside

Reactions: 1
Also

"I saw an XL Bully without a muzzle on" has become my fellas' new "4 people in that shop without a face mask" 😬😬😬

• Haha
Reactions: 4
111 maybe?

I asked my Mum on Sunday if she could watch my son this coming Sunday whilst I have a hospital appointment and my partner is in work, she said yes at the time, then she’s just text me saying ‘were you serious about me watching ___ On Sunday?’ Like?? Yes??? Why would I ask as a joke?? Wtf 😂 so can you watch him or not! Argh

• Wow
That my husband wants to play on his games console till the early hours rather than spend time with me.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
You know those days where you have to admit that maybe you’re the problem because you despise everyone and everything? That’s how I feel today

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
A colleague at my own level who thought it was appropriate to boss me around this morning.

We don’t even work on the same project and they pinged me this morning saying ‘we need to submit our work asap, the sooner the better. We need to speed up the pace’. I politely reminded this person that I’m working very closely with my project lead who is aware of every bit of my work progression and if there was any issue with it, this lead would have flagged it.

I don’t need some random non-manager peer putting pressure on me for a piece of work they’re not involved in.

thought I’d be healthy and eat a nectarine, now its stuck in my teeth

• Haha
IKEA is not a play centre!
Last time I was in an Ikea I walked by the bit where they have the kitchens set up and there was a woman sitting at the kitchen table feeding a baby while the other two kids were eating crisps and watching something on their tablets. Not against mum's taking a break but there's no way anyone could have got a good look around the kitchen had they wanted to.

• Wow
Really sick people coming to the office. Do they think they're indispensable? Stay the heck home, people.

Reactions: 6
Got a hefty garage bill this week, an appliance in the kitchen broke, I’m struggling to sleep, struggling to lose weight and something has went wrong everyday this week. Can’t wait to see the back of January 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Went out for a nice meal last night with the in laws and my other half.

Halfway through our starters, a family came in with two young children and get sat next to us. The second they sit down, dad goes on his phone, mum shoves iPads in front of the kids and goes on her own phone.

We asked them several times to turn it down because we were literally having to shout over the volume of the iPads. They turn it down for a split second and then it goes straight back up.
The staff didn’t do anything about it - despite numerous comments from us and people around us.

Food was lovely but it they aren’t bothered about stopping people blaring tit kids shows all night then I won’t be going back.
---
Just to add, if it was a McDonald’s or somewhere more child friendly/more casual, then I wouldn’t mind. This was in a nice county gastropub at 8pm on a Saturday night. Not the time or place you should be listening to bleeping Peppa Pig because parents are too lazy to parent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7