What’s annoying you right now #10

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An electrician is here to fit some new plug points and he won't stop yapping. I'm sure he could have been and gone by now but he's really getting on my nerves with his incessant chit chat . I'm not interested in the england ireland rugby game or the price of bacon. I have a grumpy newborn that needs feeding and changing.
I used to be a tradie and I bleeping hated small talk with customers 🙈 I had one lady loiter around me the entire time I was trying to paint her very narrow hallway. She got covered in paint specks and had a go at me for it, like love I’m painting your ceiling and I’m also covered, paint does this 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I just had an Asda shopping delivery and the fabric conditioner I had ordered had leaked all over one of the trays of shopping so most of the shopping was drenched in fabric conditioner 🙄

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I feel like me and one of my good friends aren't as close as we were and I'm annoying myself thinking about it. Over the last few years she has got married and had a baby and I'm not at that stage and I'm not sure if that's the reason but all of a sudden whenever I text her it goes unanswered for a few months, I make the effort to travel to see her but she doesn't see me even when I know she's been visiting my city etc.

I sent her a birthday card and a happy birthday text a week ago and although she's been online she hasn't replied. We've been friends for over 20 years and used to go on holiday together and stayed over each other's houses often, we were really close. I know people drift apart but it's so much more difficult making friends when you're older so losing a friendship that you've had for most of your life is hard.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I am in hospital and the woman in the next bed is snoring so loudly, and I can't give her a nudge and tell her "for fucks sake will you roll on to your side" or sod off and sleep in my kids bed like I would at home. I have ear plugs but they're no match for that nose!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I am in hospital and the woman in the next bed is snoring so loudly, and I can't give her a nudge and tell her "for fucks sake will you roll on to your side" or sod off and sleep in my kids bed like I would at home. I have ear plugs but they're no match for that nose!
I was in hospital last month for a week and was so lucky that I was in a mini side ward with just me and another lady. Neither of us snored and we got on really well.

However I am home now, went to the spare room because of husband snoring and I can still hear him. Which is why I am wide awake and on Tattle at 2.30 am 🙁

• Sad
Every time I’m on the phone or speaking to someone, I have a family member who either has to talk louder over me or make a noise banging stuff about or rustling the whole time I’m talking 🙄

Talking myself out of doing something that sounds fun because I don't have the confidence. I feel a bit weird turning up alone, I was thinking of taking my 6 year old as there is a child price on the admission.

Did a speed checker with a broadband company yesterday, they made you put your contact info in before you could view packages.

They’ve emailed me four times and called me eight times in less than 24hrs. Now I’m put off going with them.

My coworker was selected for a big project in another country that I was more qualified for. But he's a man. And those choosing are men. So. Yeah. The Boyz Club wins again.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
The Better Help therapy ads taking over every podcast and telly ad break. They need to calm down their campaign

Truly not my week. Had a little confrontation with a friend with whom I've always been super supportive after she told me I was "too angry" about the being passed up for the project fiasco. Too angry. It's incredible how we've internalized misogyny like this. Too angry. I wasn't raising my voice. I wasn't clenching my fists. I wasn't using swear words. I was perfectly still. No violence in my stance at all. Yet I was deemed "too angry." When was the last time we called a man "too angry?". It's also hypocritical from her since she's said truly awful things about her ex that I've listened to and understood as hyperbolic and empathized with her pain. And she knows all the crap I currently have going in my life and why this work thing triggered me so much. But she still chose to say that to me.

I'm just very over giving 100% and received 20% in return. At best.

Myself and my inability this week to let little things go and not get annoyed by them.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Received a message from my son's nursery detailing that on friday, for a lunchtime trek through the woods 'we suggest just a small packed lunch of 'sammies, crisps, and a drink'.
When I asked what 'sammies' were they responded with 'sandwiches of course' followed by this emoji 🤷‍♀️

So bloody rude!! ...or maybe I'm just over sensitive

Received a message from my son's nursery detailing that on friday, for a lunchtime trek through the woods 'we suggest just a small packed lunch of 'sammies, crisps, and a drink'.
When I asked what 'sammies' were they responded with 'sandwiches of course' followed by this emoji 🤷‍♀️

No, it's rude.

• Heart

It's rude, and why don't they just write proper English instead of trying to be cute? it's confusing, not all their parents will be English as first language speakers or may have a level reading difficulty such as dyslexia. The nursery are foolish

No it is rude and why are the nursery speaking like babies to the parents? Weird

Reactions: 2
No it is rude and why are the nursery speaking like babies to the parents? Weird
Not sure why I put nursery, I meant school, he's 5. Its an admin who sends the messages but I don't see them so I'm going to show the teacher when I drop him off. Its really juvenile and unprofessional.

Not sure why I put nursery, I meant school, he's 5. Its an admin who sends the messages but I don't see them so I'm going to show the teacher when I drop him off. Its really juvenile and unprofessional.
School is even worse! You’d think they’d speak proper to the parents wouldn’t you?

Reactions: 2