What’s annoying you right now #10

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
School is worse! But mine is terrible for making letters home unreadable for dyslexics and English as a second language, I've complained a few times but it only ever improves temporarily

Reactions: 2
Automatic flushes that are detonated because you dared to move slightly whilst still sat on the toilet, unceremoniously dousing your flange in cold toilet water!
Place the sensor higher!

Reactions: 6
the fact I can’t even read the local newspaper online without the stupid notifications saying “sign up to read this article” if I wanted more crap in my emails I would have signed up ages ago

Reactions: 4
There's a new cafe been advertised as opening in an empty building for ages , and it is finally opening and it isn't dog friendly. There are lots of comments on the fb saying it's such a shame , it's not as if it's compulsory to take your dog with you. . To make it clear , the comments annoy me , not the lack of dog -ness.

Me again 👋🏼

this time my rant is about the wonderful bank called NatWest and what a delightful frigging bunch they are not only have they completely messed up my bank account and funds in there but have now totally screwed up my direct debits and budget. I cannot touch my account now for a few days until this whole pending situation is sorted and even though I’m budgeted down to the last penny oh you watch “something else from last bloody month” will be taken out too and worse thing is they’re not even helpful

• Sad
So annoying how every single house I’m looking at in my price range is only available by modern auction. You cannot buy a house as a single person and it is beyond frustrating!!

Reactions: 1
A man trying to mansplain periods and menopause to me because he’s listened to one podcast and it was really interesting 🥴

My father in law (who always annoys me tbh) was saying how he was out in Newcastle and there was a man in the bar who was nearly 7 foot tall. Apparently everyone was crowding round him and that ( I wonder if he was a basketball player and a bit of a celebrity) . Fil was saying he didn't like the way everyone was going on around him, he just sounded pathetic and jealous.

My friend, but it is more upsetting than annoying.

We've been friends for almost 20 years, and we used to live near to each other and saw each other every day. For the past 16 years or so we have not lived close to each other but still kept in touch all the time and would stay at each other's house throughout the year, go on holiday together, day trips etc. We were close and it was a great friendship, we never had a cross word to say to each other and supported each other through difficult times.

A few years ago I noticed she was a bit distant. She'd not reply to text messages for a long time, and then come back and apologise saying it was hectic with moving etc. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and thought once things had settled down normal communication would resume.

Fast forward a year and a bit and it hasn't. I send her a message and it is left unread for months. For her birthday I sent a card and a text, she replied to the text the next day thanking me and asking how I am, I replied and she left it unread for two months.

It feels like the only time she really gets back to me now is when she has something to tell me. New house, getting married, baby etc. Yet whenever I reply it goes unanswered. She's stopped making an excuse now and will not even address my past text messages or why she's not replied in so long, she will instead just give her update.

She messaged me a few days ago with more news and ended by saying "I feel like I haven't seen you in ages 🙁."

It's true, we haven't. I'd love to go and visit her but I barely ever hear from her. Before when she would ask how I was I'd be honest and give her an update on what's going on in my life etc but it hurt when she didn't even acknowledge my replies so whenever she asks now I just say "I'm fine thank you, how are you?" She doesn't really know anything about my life / me anymore. She tells me all what's going on with her but she has nothing to ask me about, she just asks how work is and generic things.

I'm trying to think of how to reply to the message but haven't found the right words yet.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
My friend, but it is more upsetting than annoying.

We've been friends for almost 20 years, and we used to live near to each other and saw each other every day. For the past 16 years or so we have not lived close to each other but still kept in touch all the time and would stay at each other's house throughout the year, go on holiday together, day trips etc. We were close and it was a great friendship, we never had a cross word to say to each other and supported each other through difficult times.

A few years ago I noticed she was a bit distant. She'd not reply to text messages for a long time, and then come back and apologise saying it was hectic with moving etc. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and thought once things had settled down normal communication would resume.

Fast forward a year and a bit and it hasn't. I send her a message and it is left unread for months. For her birthday I sent a card and a text, she replied to the text the next day thanking me and asking how I am, I replied and she left it unread for two months.

It feels like the only time she really gets back to me now is when she has something to tell me. New house, getting married, baby etc. Yet whenever I reply it goes unanswered. She's stopped making an excuse now and will not even address my past text messages or why she's not replied in so long, she will instead just give her update.

She messaged me a few days ago with more news and ended by saying "I feel like I haven't seen you in ages 🙁."

It's true, we haven't. I'd love to go and visit her but I barely ever hear from her. Before when she would ask how I was I'd be honest and give her an update on what's going on in my life etc but it hurt when she didn't even acknowledge my replies so whenever she asks now I just say "I'm fine thank you, how are you?" She doesn't really know anything about my life / me anymore. She tells me all what's going on with her but she has nothing to ask me about, she just asks how work is and generic things.

I'm trying to think of how to reply to the message but haven't found the right words yet.
I'm sorry this happened to you, it sounds like you're a good friend that remains involved and supportive no matter the distance and she hasn't reciprocated.

You didn't ask for advice or anything but I've been there a couple of times. In the end you have to decide whether you keep going as is and keep a semblance of a friendship that is completely one sided and makes you feel bad,: you let it go too and stop responding as well and either she reacts or the friendship ends quietly; or you openly tell her that you've noticed her only messaging when it involves her and never caring to ask about your life beyond banalities and how it's made you feel. And she either takes responsibility and does better or the friendship ends.

It sounds like what you have right now isn't a real friendship either so I'd say just be honest with her and let the chips fall as they will. You've got nothing to lose since your friend isn't acting like one anyways.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm sorry this happened to you, it sounds like you're a good friend that remains involved and supportive no matter the distance and she hasn't reciprocated.

You didn't ask for advice or anything but I've been there a couple of times. In the end you have to decide whether you keep going as is and keep a semblance of a friendship that is completely one sided and makes you feel bad,: you let it go too and stop responding as well and either she reacts or the friendship ends quietly; or you openly tell her that you've noticed her only messaging when it involves her and never caring to ask about your life beyond banalities and how it's made you feel. And she either takes responsibility and does better or the friendship ends.

It sounds like what you have right now isn't a real friendship either so I'd say just be honest with her and let the chips fall as they will. You've got nothing to lose since your friend isn't acting like one anyways.
Thank you do much for your thoughtful reply, it's really helpful to see it from a perspective of someone who has been through something similar.

You are completely right, it has felt very one-sided recently. Even with visiting each other I've been the one to go and see her. She's come to where I live a few times but hasn't let me know. I understand it was during the week and I was at work but if she's where I live anyway she could have just sent a message to say "hey I'm in x, would you like to meet for a coffee?"

I'd like to approach it with her I think. She has been very supportive in the past and involved with my life (as I was with her). We had a good friendship and I'd like it to return to how it was, or at least let her know how I feel so we have the opportunity to address it instead of leaving it to fizzle out and her not knowing why. It's just hard to find the right words, I keep getting upset when I think about it and so it has been sitting in my unread pile for a day 😅.

• Heart
Social media is full of aurora pics, because it was visible everywhere locally. I was too tired.

• Sad
Buskers using an amplifier, when did that become acceptable? Blaring down the street, so loud I can't string a thought together, and even if they were the best musician in the world they won't earn much with everyone trying to dash past away from the din!

People on sm saying that "break a leg" is said because they want you to end up "in a cast".
Nope.
Google is free.
Get "H" markers out side your house to stop people parking there.
Not legally enforceable.
Google, still free.

Was meant to go for an afternoon walk/coffee with my bf before he starts work at 6pm. We haven’t done much together recently and he’s been complaining about it, so I said fine we’ll do something today since we both had this morning and this afternoon off.

He went upstairs at 1pm to put his phone on charge and get changed… then he fell asleep. It’s not 4.05pm, he’s still asleep and he starts work in just under 2hrs. Pissed right off is an understatement 😒

I'm stuck for ideas for my sons 16th please throw ideas this way
Provisional driving licence - if you haven't already and in the UK
Pottery painting with family members who are be older or not as connected - slow activity where they can reconnect/chat
Venus fly trap
Do something 'old school' you used to do and enjoy when he was a nipper - board game, lego, sunday film with bits and bobs to eat/drink
---
Was meant to go for an afternoon walk/coffee with my bf before he starts work at 6pm. We haven’t done much together recently and he’s been complaining about it, so I said fine we’ll do something today since we both had this morning and this afternoon off.

He went upstairs at 1pm to put his phone on charge and get changed… then he fell asleep. It’s not 4.05pm, he’s still asleep and he starts work in just under 2hrs. Pissed right off is an understatement 😒
Go and bloody spoon him. Then wet willy the bugger!!

• Heart