Whatmummymakes #3 Crispy hair and close up shots, how many times can you pop to the shops?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was wondering if she’s pregnant again but given the booze I’m guessing she’s not. Also to get pregnant again she’d have to concede that she’s actually married- to her invisible husband.

Reactions: 9
Her story about sunset and lake views but it’s literally Morecambe Bay, not a lake…

I mean I could be making a tit of myself here but I’m almost certain 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yeah I take this route regularly so I’m almost certain but I didn’t want someone to prove me wrong and to look dumb 😂

Nope, definitely not a lake. I'm a reg on this route too 😂 ah Rebecca, just you stick to writing artery clogging recipes xxx

• Haha
Seriously though who approved hair like that for a book cover!? A lovely blow dry would only cost a couple of Costa visits

Reactions: 9
How could they not have employed a hair stylist for the front cover shoot at the very least?! I would have expected a hair stylist and a make up artist for a “best selling author” ;)

Reactions: 7
Totally agree, the photo is awful and her lazy eye is so pronounced compared to her IG image. (Nothing against lazy eyes, everything against her.)

ALSO WHY does she insist on being the main feature of the cover?! It’s as if it’s some autobiography. Let the food speak for itself. Egotistical much.

ALSO definitely single mum image - ‘family comforts’ and it’s just 2 of them

ALSO (lol I’ll shut up in a minute) she’s wearing her cringe Nina necklace.

Reactions: 13
Totally agree, the photo is awful and her lazy eye is so pronounced compared to her IG image. (Nothing against lazy eyes, everything against her.)

ALSO WHY does she insist on being the main feature of the cover?! It’s as if it’s some autobiography. Let the food speak for itself. Egotistical much.

ALSO definitely single mum image - ‘family comforts’ and it’s just 2 of them

ALSO (lol I’ll shut up in a minute) she’s wearing her cringe Nina necklace.
I thought ALL of these things!!! I thought ironic it’s called family comforts but it’s just her and Nina…. Fine if that was the set up of her family, but we all know it’s not.

It’s weird because joe wicks shows his whole family. The photo is not flattering, I don’t get why they chose it.

Reactions: 5
The whole cover just looks crap. A cookbook where the front cover features some food as an afterthought?

She must have some fan following if that's the cover they've chosen. People will see it's her and buy it, especially now most of the people buying wmm will need new cheese recipes for their growing families.

Also the way he grid post was signed off from her and nina I think the two of them together are definitely the brand they are trying to sell.

Brace yourselves for 100s of selfies of the besties reunited.

I just thought with the word comforts too and that photo it shouts to me "eat this comforting food to be overweight like us" . The photo is not flattering of her.

Reactions: 7
Gosh, she fills the width of the book cover 😳 it definitely reads comfort eating rather than healthy food doesn’t it

I just thought with the word comforts too and that photo it shouts to me "eat this comforting food to be overweight like us" . The photo is not flattering of her.
Yeah it seems like quite a dated concept, if it's like her past book it'll be pastries, loads of cheese and stodge, and I think a lot of people want something a bit healthier now, especially when you have books like pinch of nom etc that offer lighter but still really tasty versions of classic dishes that are easy to make. I don't want to sound harsh but I agree that it's not the best advert for the book having someone who struggles with their weight on the front, it wouldn't tempt me, aside from her hard-core fans not sure who will go for this. Without armchair diagnosing she has a lot of similar behaviours that I used to have to food, and I was diagnosed with BED and although on top of it now, would no way be doing a cook book as my view as food is comfort will always be distrorted! Along with her always eating out and cooking the same thing over and over again if she does actually make food at home, it's so baffling this is the route she has taken. Got to follow that £££ though. As said earlier in the thread, seems weird to have not gone for the pre school/KS1 child angle- packed lunches, easy to make after nursery meals, stuff they can help make etc with input from a dietician.

Reactions: 8
Nina looks unimpressed with the camera shoved back in her face while she has to pretend to be thrilled with her food each time.

Yeah it seems like quite a dated concept, if it's like her past book it'll be pastries, loads of cheese and stodge, and I think a lot of people want something a bit healthier now, especially when you have books like pinch of nom etc that offer lighter but still really tasty versions of classic dishes that are easy to make. I don't want to sound harsh but I agree that it's not the best advert for the book having someone who struggles with their weight on the front, it wouldn't tempt me, aside from her hard-core fans not sure who will go for this. Without armchair diagnosing she has a lot of similar behaviours that I used to have to food, and I was diagnosed with BED and although on top of it now, would no way be doing a cook book as my view as food is comfort will always be distrorted! Along with her always eating out and cooking the same thing over and over again if she does actually make food at home, it's so baffling this is the route she has taken. Got to follow that £££ though. As said earlier in the thread, seems weird to have not gone for the pre school/KS1 child angle- packed lunches, easy to make after nursery meals, stuff they can help make etc with input from a dietician.
Really well said.

I genuinely don’t understand how so many people have pre-ordered it. Does that just show how desperate parents are to find recipes? I mean I bought the first book before realising how one dimensional it was, so I do sympathise... but how can you watch her food choices/lack of cooking all the time and then think you would aspire to be like her? It’s shocking.

Now the Jamie Oliver Comfort Food book is exactly as described - but pure indulgence. The calorie counts are huge. I love to dip into it for special occasions. There is also a reason why after that his next books were the simple and healthy ones…..

Reactions: 6
Really well said.

I genuinely don’t understand how so many people have pre-ordered it. Does that just show how desperate parents are to find recipes? I mean I bought the first book before realising how one dimensional it was, so I do sympathise... but how can you watch her food choices/lack of cooking all the time and then think you would aspire to be like her? It’s shocking.

Now the Jamie Oliver Comfort Food book is exactly as described - but pure indulgence. The calorie counts are huge. I love to dip into it for special occasions. There is also a reason why after that his next books were the simple and healthy ones…..
A few people I know who are obsessed with her and her recipes are the ones who basically have zero knowledge of cooking so they really won’t have any idea how bad her recipes are (health wise)

There are so many alternative healthy weaning pages now so hopefully her and her fat inducing food will disappear soon enough

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Her hair on that book cover- wouldn’t you die of embarrassment!
I think the cover is like that so Nina could be strategically placed to cover half of Rebecca’s size- they wouldn’t be able to do a full body shot standing at a kitchen island or something, as it would be like heeeey guys buy my book and be chunky like me. 🤨

Reactions: 1
She really has got her kickers in a twist about the hotel Bacon hasn't she 🤣 why does she keep going on about it? It was a buffet breakfast its not allways great, move on. Why would something so small make such an impact on her that she's still going on about it days later? Its Bacon. Just shows where her priorities lie...with the processed meat 🤣

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.