Whatmummymakes #3 Crispy hair and close up shots, how many times can you pop to the shops?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she keep sharing domestic abuse helplines with that sarcastic jazz hands emoji?
I think she thinks it's a hug? 🤦🏾‍♀️

I know right.

Surely she could have gone to Costa and got all her favourites before boarding the train?

Who even buys train food unless you're running super late? I've never in my life planned to have a train lunch. Just why do it. Its obviously not going to be a patch on delicious pastry/cheese concoctions shes used to.
Glad she took my advice this time!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
She really thinks she is this woman’s guru for everything doesn’t she.

also wish she’d stop banging on about mum guilt because she is going to work. What does she imagine most people do?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
She really thinks she is this woman’s guru for everything doesn’t she.

also wish she’d stop banging on about mum guilt because she is going to work. What does she imagine most people do?!
That annoys me. I'm a stay at home mum at the moment and I would love a night or two away, I'd come back a better mum as I'd have missed them. Her saying 'mum guilt' is wrong, a lot of mum's have to work/want to work and they don't need to be made to feel guilty about that. I think she should just say that she'll miss Nina. I also think she won't like that Nina is with her Dad and bonding with him, as I think she wants Nina to think that she only has her.

Reactions: 11
I like that it looks like she’s left Nina at the train station by herself since she’s never mentioned her husband 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
That annoys me. I'm a stay at home mum at the moment and I would love a night or two away, I'd come back a better mum as I'd have missed them. Her saying 'mum guilt' is wrong, a lot of mum's have to work/want to work and they don't need to be made to feel guilty about that. I think she should just say that she'll miss Nina. I also think she won't like that Nina is with her Dad and bonding with him, as I think she wants Nina to think that she only has her.
I think she thinks she is being so relatable by saying ‘mum guilt’ because she imagines everyone is like her - either thinks their 3 year old is their ‘bestie’ and can’t bare to be apart ever, or doesn’t have to work/want to. She has no idea what most mums experience. I have to work but I don’t feel guilty for doing so - it helps to keep a roof over our heads, food on the table etc. Of course I would love to spend more time with my baby, but sadly I can’t - I don’t feel guilty, just frustrated that’s the system we’re in but what can I do. We can’t all swan around costa and national trust places all the time. And it’s also natural to enjoy time away from our children too - it refreshes and re-energises us to make better parents, but again she doesn’t understand this or even think about it. She can’t fathom it.

Nah I don’t get mum guilt about going to work. I am 100% not cut out for stay at home mum life. I love my toddler more than life itself however being at home 24/7 would bore me to tears. I love going to work, actually using my brain, having adult conversations, and I love earning a wage that means I can treat her to lovely things and days out too.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Nah I don’t get mum guilt about going to work. I am 100% not cut out for stay at home mum life. I love my toddler more than life itself however being at home 24/7 would bore me to tears. I love going to work, actually using my brain, having adult conversations, and I love earning a wage that means I can treat her to lovely things and days out too.
As someone who is a stay at home mum which has been extended due to pandemic, I’m so envious of this! It’s all swings and roundabouts.

So bore off Rebecca, a night in a hotel would be bliss, especially if it is for the purpose of doing something you love for work! She should own it and Nina would be so proud, after all she’s always showing her the bloody cookbook when popping to the shop…

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Agree with previous posters, what I wouldn't give for a day away :ROFLMAO: I mean I love my daughter like crazy but it would be so nice to just switch off and have a night off.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think if I was a stay at home mum I would be a very bad mother with no patience and just desperate to get away 🤣
I work part time because we can't afford to live of my husbands wage, im good at my job and I like it, I like the people I work with and I think it makes me a better mother.
So I don't have mum guilt just from going to work. I feel good I've earned money to do nice things and I have renewed patience every week on my days off to do things with her.
And honestly I think she gets fed up with me too 🤣 like many people, at the beginning of the pandemic we were all at home together for 3 months and she was begging to go to nursery she couldn't wait to get out and away from us!! We were all frazzled and fed up oth one another, I can only imagine being a stay at home mum would end up like that each day for us!

• Heart
Are we really going to criticise the amount of sugar in that thing you just purchased? And then say you’re not going to eat it all.

Sugar isn’t the enemy. Jesus. Christ.

Reactions: 9
Are we really going to criticise the amount of sugar in that thing you just purchased? And then say you’re not going to eat it all.

Also, I mean if you know anything about nutrition and are conscious about sugar (lol) then don’t choose a mochi 😆
Or choose it and enjoy it, duh.

Reactions: 4
Not really derailing because I think it emphasises the point that what’s missing in the weaning market is information like this, complete with healthy and balanced recipes that are not going to end up encouraging child (and family) obesity. Insta is either WMM fat fest or SR nutrition smug mushroom slop!
Glad I’m not the only one who thinks SR nutrition is smug!!

yes this!
I had access to sweets and chocolate as a kid and could take it or leave it, my husband was very restricted and he now is a sweet fiend!
Same! I don’t think strict restrictions are healthy, everything in moderation teaches healthier habits IMO

Reactions: 6

She does seem obsessed with limiting sugar - I find it odd given the large amount of saturated fat she cooks with. Everything in moderation, as my mother would say!

For a split second on seeing she’s having dinner with a guy on her stories, thought it was the invisible husband 😂
It’s so weird that she never shows him!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
She’s obsessed with those country house men, her only friends it seems.

Reactions: 2
I like that it looks like she’s left Nina at the train station by herself since she’s never mentioned her husband 😂
That’s why she has such bad mum guilt 🤣. Seriously though all the mum guilt stuff makes me so angry. I’d love to have a flexible job writing cookbooks full of dashed off unhealthy recipes and have nice work trips away every so often! I like working and don’t wish I was a stay at home mum but I’d rather work slightly more part time and have something more flexible, the juggle this year to cover my son starting school is sending me over the edge so to see Rebecca sitting in Costa and going off on jollies and going on about mum guilt makes me so mad and upset. She’s so privileged and has no idea!

Reactions: 7
My god she is so annoying ! Getting in a taxi is as close to Sex and the city she’d ever get…. But how is getting a taxi even like sex and the city?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.