Whatmummymakes #3 Crispy hair and close up shots, how many times can you pop to the shops?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to follow these recipes but then realised they are all pastry, cheese, oats,fat. Can anyone recommend any good recipes for toddlers? Mine is a big eater but not a fan of vegetables, obviously haha, and I worry that I feed him too much sometimes as he rarely turns down food! I know it's a nice problem to have, but I'm looking for some good healthy recipes to make for him - I try to make sure he gets a good diet but he's not a fan of vegetable batons or anything raw like cucumber or carrot, likes meat but mainly minced or chicken or turkey that's cut into very small pieces. He likes fish and grains.

I find Rebecca quite off putting to be honest, she seems to feed her little girl a lot of processed crap for someone who is touting recipe books

Reactions: 6
I used to follow these recipes but then realised they are all pastry, cheese, oats,fat. Can anyone recommend any good recipes for toddlers? Mine is a big eater but not a fan of vegetables, obviously haha, and I worry that I feed him too much sometimes as he rarely turns down food! I know it's a nice problem to have, but I'm looking for some good healthy recipes to make for him - I try to make sure he gets a good diet but he's not a fan of vegetable batons or anything raw like cucumber or carrot, likes meat but mainly minced or chicken or turkey that's cut into very small pieces. He likes fish and grains.

I find Rebecca quite off putting to be honest, she seems to feed her little girl a lot of processed crap for someone who is touting recipe books
I thought the same, so many of her recipes are repetitive and high fat.

I used quite a lot of Annabel Karmel’s recipes. Thought they were usually pretty healthy and lots of veg. I would batch cook the main part of the dish and then freeze the portions, and just cook whatever pasta, potatoes, rice etc I needed as I went along.

Reactions: 2
4?!?!?! Thats outrageous 🤮 id eat 1 maybe 2 if they weren't massive and that would be my limit. I think even my husband would struggle with 4 🤣
Her husband doesn't get a look in it seems. Showed herself cooking 6 and they polished them off between the two of them.

Or maybe he just doesn't like what mummy makes. 😅 can't blame him

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Her portion sizes are really, really weird. My daughter is almost three and stocky - she's not fat, just solid. She LOVES her food but she would not eat even half that. Hell, I wouldn't give her two fatty chops! Barring the chops she's given herself the same (or very similar) portion as nina.

I know all kids are different - some days mine won't stop eating and will ask for seconds or thirds and I'm all for following their lead...but this is INSANE for a three year old.

I wasn't bothered by her (I have her books) until I stumbled across this thread but my eyes are open! I like the ideas of some of her recipes but I've never actually followed a recipe from her book, I take the idea and make it my own...

I was excited by the meal planner until it arrived... It's so cumbersome and unless you want to rip pages out of your book, not helpful with the shopping lists!

Reactions: 7
Just me who thinks the chops look quite small! It doesn't look like too much food to be fair (im not a fan of Rebecca I promise). My 3 year old is tall, slim and would eat all that..... she's very active and runs around all day long!

Just me who thinks the chops look quite small! It doesn't look like too much food to be fair (im not a fan of Rebecca I promise). My 3 year old is tall, slim and would eat all that..... she's very active and runs around all day long!
Quoted to add my daughter has never had chops but I guess she would eat them if I gave them to her 🤣

Reactions: 1
I can’t believe there are three threads for What Mummy Makes 😂😂 I have been finding her increasingly annoying/nauseating and thought I would do a search to see if there were any kindred spirits on here … eureka! I have some light reading to catch up on!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I can’t believe there are three threads for What Mummy Makes 😂😂 I have been finding her increasingly annoying/nauseating and thought I would do a search to see if there were any kindred spirits on here … eureka! I have some light reading to catch up on!
Honestly the boomerangs are enough to send anyone to tattle

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I really thought she was finally cooking for the husband too, but then nope! Four chops for her, two for Nina, of course. Why doesn’t he eat with them? It’s just so bizarre :unsure:

Reactions: 7
Unless she pictures it so it seems it’s just the two of them but then after she has taken the pic she rearranges some of the food onto his plate? It sounds mad but I believe she would go to those lengths to make it seem like it’s just her and Nina.

Reactions: 4
Whatmummymakes #4 Life’s a breeze living off pasta and cheese

I find making soups and sauces with veggies the best way to pack lots of nutrition in - currys, tomato pasta sauces or chillis are a fab way to pack in so much veg if they are going through fussy stages. We have soup every week as he loves to dip bread and cheese into it, plus I’m relived as it gives him such a good boost of a variety of veg.
Make a big batch all in a pan and blend it in, then you’ll also have so many spare portions for the freezer then. Serve some bits of the whole veg on the side to try and show they like it, as a reminder etc.
These sauces/soups don’t just have to be used in the main meals, they can become a dip with their daily crisps/snack, used as layer on bread before you add the cheese to toast - or mixed into stuffed jacket potatoes - honestly you can use them for anything!
I always try to think you need to look at their diet over the week, not the day - that adds too much pressure and as long as they are offered a variety within that time you’re onto a winner!

Reactions: 9
I really thought she was finally cooking for the husband too, but then nope! Four chops for her, two for Nina, of course. Why doesn’t he eat with them? It’s just so bizarre :unsure:
So did I. I then wondered if she dished them all up on two plates to make it look like it was just for them 2 and then put some on his plate afterwards. I'm overthinking this, I need to get a grip

Unless she pictures it so it seems it’s just the two of them but then after she has taken the pic she rearranges some of the food onto his plate? It sounds mad but I believe she would go to those lengths to make it seem like it’s just her and Nina.
Sorry, I replied without reading the thread and I've just seen that I've wrote the same thing as you.

Reactions: 3
Whatmummymakes #4 Life’s a breeze living off pasta and cheese

I find making soups and sauces with veggies the best way to pack lots of nutrition in - currys, tomato pasta sauces or chillis are a fab way to pack in so much veg if they are going through fussy stages. We have soup every week as he loves to dip bread and cheese into it, plus I’m relived as it gives him such a good boost of a variety of veg.
Make a big batch all in a pan and blend it in, then you’ll also have so many spare portions for the freezer then. Serve some bits of the whole veg on the side to try and show they like it, as a reminder etc.
These sauces/soups don’t just have to be used in the main meals, they can become a dip with their daily crisps/snack, used as layer on bread before you add the cheese to toast - or mixed into stuffed jacket potatoes - honestly you can use them for anything!
I always try to think you need to look at their diet over the week, not the day - that adds too much pressure and as long as they are offered a variety within that time you’re onto a winner!
thank you! I need to get better at batch cooking. He currently has things like cottage pie, salmon risotto, chicken and lentil bake, beans on toast with avocado, I’ve got a bit bad with relying on packaged snacks so I’m going to batch cook some veggie based muffins and porridge fingers this week - it’s harder as he’s dairy free but there are good recipes out there - not WMM.
I am genuinely surprised at the ingredients she frequently uses and a lot of her recipes don’t actually work so well - the porridge fingers in particular needed a lot of tweaking until they were actually okay, and I know microwave is good for convenience but they’re much better made in the oven!

Reactions: 4
So did I. I then wondered if she dished them all up on two plates to make it look like it was just for them 2 and then put some on his plate afterwards. I'm overthinking this, I need to get a grip
I don’t think it’s outside the realms of possibility with her to be honest, really wouldn’t be surprised

Reactions: 3

myfussyeater has some great recipes x

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.