Whatmummymakes #3 Crispy hair and close up shots, how many times can you pop to the shops?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you know what? I make a mascarpone spaghetti for my 20 month old like this, without the butter, I add whole milk, chicken, grated mushrooms, chopped spinach and grated broccoli. But it’s because he really needs the calories! He’s non stop, so active and I’ve got to pump fats in anywhere I can haha!
But that sounds delicious - including different veg, no extra cheese, no bacon!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
For sure there’s always guidelines on what babies and toddlers are reccomended to consume, for example protein for a 3 year old is 16g a day average ( maybe I’m just quite interested as we’re all veggies so it’s important for us to make sure we’re not deficient in anything, protein and iron etc )

It’s also reccomended by the nhs ( not the holy grail) that you switch from full fat if your toddler is/has gained weight well. But if they need the extra calories stick to full fat
How do you track it? This is the kind of stuff I want to learn!
Going to swap to green milk soon as I think he’s what he should be weight wise for age now but he’s also dropping his morning milk some days so maybe I’ll just wait and see over the next few weeks and see if it goes completely

sorry to derail!

Reactions: 1
Going to swap to green milk soon as I think he’s what he should be weight wise for age now but he’s also dropping his morning milk some days so maybe I’ll just wait and see over the next few weeks and see if it goes completely

sorry to derail!
Not really derailing because I think it emphasises the point that what’s missing in the weaning market is information like this, complete with healthy and balanced recipes that are not going to end up encouraging child (and family) obesity. Insta is either WMM fat fest or SR nutrition smug mushroom slop!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not really derailing because I think it emphasises the point that what’s missing in the weaning market is information like this, complete with healthy and balanced recipes that are not going to end up encouraging child (and family) obesity. Insta is either WMM fat fest or SR nutrition smug mushroom slop!
Oh I had to unfollow her the food looks worse than what my dog throws up sometimes 🤢 I get it’s nutritional but it still needs to look and taste good!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

sorry to derail!
I’ve done Mac tracking for ages because of iifym when doing weigh lifting etc. But I wouldn’t actively track strictly. Like I know for iron 2 wheatabix covers that and iron drops as a safety net.

If you’re serving a little protein with each meal you’ll reach it.

16oz of milk which is the recommended amount for toddlers covers protein anyway.

30/40% of a meal to be fat roughly and top up the rest with carbs and veg if you’ve put adequate protein.

You could use my fitness pal but for kids you don’t know if they’ll actually eat it.

Oh I had to unfollow her the food looks worse than what my dog throws up sometimes 🤢 I get it’s nutritional but it still needs to look and taste good!
It really did look vile didn’t it! Doesn’t she know how to make anything else? Everything is so samey and boring. Just because she puts a bit of cucumber on the side doesn’t cancel all the salt and fat.

Reactions: 8
I’ve done Mac tracking for ages because of iifym when doing weigh lifting etc. But I wouldn’t actively track strictly. Like I know for iron 2 wheatabix covers that and iron drops as a safety net.

If you’re serving a little protein with each meal you’ll reach it.

16oz of milk which is the recommended amount for toddlers covers protein anyway.

30/40% of a meal to be fat roughly and top up the rest with carbs and veg if you’ve put adequate protein.

You could use my fitness pal but for kids you don’t know if they’ll actually eat it.
Thank you so much that’s really helpful!

Isnt it funny how I’ve learnt more about children’s nutrition from the last 5 minutes of reading this thread than I’ve ever got from Rebecca or her book that I’m ashamed to say I bought back in the day.

Reactions: 10
Isnt it funny how I’ve learnt more about children’s nutrition from the last 5 minutes of reading this thread than I’ve ever got from Rebecca or her book that I’m ashamed to say I bought back in the day.
I wouldn’t worry too much! But I deffo think there’s a gap in the market for advice on this subject. My local children centre do a course called fun food and fitness which tells you about all the details (and shockingly how much exercise they should be doing a day )

My baby was prem and very underweight so making sure he got what was right for him was always my priority and a lot of googling followed 😂🙈

Reactions: 6
She's missed a massive opportunity to branch out a little bit in the last couple of weeks. "Food on the go" ideas would have been so easy while she's been travelling and having days out with Nina. It could have been loads of content for her, especially with summer holidays coming up and people having more days out. She lives in her own little world of privilege with her first class cheese and crackers and putting Nina in nursery to binge Netflix and has completely missed what actually goes on in the average parents life.

Reactions: 16
With the latest stories with yet more fried food out and about, the next thread title needs to be the one someone suggested a while back about how Mummy Makes absolutely nothing 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Lurker on here but just wanted to get a thread suggestion in, could be too long:
Eating out and at Costa from the moment she wakes, what is it that mummy actually makes?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
A new film with Zog and the Gruffalo? She does realise they're books, right? The stupidity! She really has no idea.

Reactions: 5
And why wouldn’t you look it up if you thought it was ‘new’?!?
BAHAHAHA she’s so dim. Also that would be one hell of a weird mash up, what on Earth was she expecting?! 😂
Can’t believe we didn’t get treated to pictures of them having a Costa trip to load up on lunch or snacks!

BAHAHAHA she’s so dim. Also that would be one hell of a weird mash up, what on Earth was she expecting?! 😂
Can’t believe we didn’t get treated to pictures of them having a Costa trip to load up on lunch or snacks!
Lol yeah how would it be a new film anyway!!! I don’t think she is actually that bright tbh.
Me too, you can bet they had a ‘treat’ lunch out before or after!!

Reactions: 3
Another grim pasta with cheesy sauce, do we really need a "recepie"? I think we can all pretty much guess it by now

EDIT : eww just watched the reel and its worse...its pasta and yoghurt 🤮🤮🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Who needs a recipe for tuna pasta?! She's really scraping the barrel.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.