WhatMummyMakes #16 plz don’t b mean it makes me sad, Nina’s all mine she has no dad

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I apologise in advance for any irate cat owners who will come at me for this, but it's so much better to get a cat sitter in rather than use a cattery. It's really distressing for most cats to be in a cattery. The only time I would consider if would be if I was having building work done at home or something which meant my cats wouldn't be safe.
I thought this but I have a dog so wasn’t sure if I was being OTT!

I know they are separated so assume they don’t have the best relationship but you’d think the other would look after the cat, on the grounds that it’s Nina’s pet so can just come with her to his? Makes me think they don’t have a good separated relationship in you know what I mean? Maybe I’m being naive though in my expectations 🤔🤣
It’s not Nina’s pet, it’s to keep Bex company/give her something to smother (not literally) while Nina is with the other. I wouldn’t look after the cat if I was him

Reactions: 7
I know they are separated so assume they don’t have the best relationship but you’d think the other would look after the cat, on the grounds that it’s Nina’s pet so can just come with her to his? Makes me think they don’t have a good separated relationship in you know what I mean? Maybe I’m being naive though in my expectations 🤔🤣
I think there would be a risk of the cat getting out and lost maybe? But he could go and feed it. I wouldn’t want my ex in my house without me though!

Reactions: 2
I apologise in advance for any irate cat owners who will come at me for this, but it's so much better to get a cat sitter in rather than use a cattery. It's really distressing for most cats to be in a cattery. The only time I would consider if would be if I was having building work done at home or something which meant my cats wouldn't be safe.
Lol I genuinely couldn't think of anything worse than people being in my home when I'm not there 😂

Reactions: 5
Absolutely agree about using a cat sitter rather than a cattery. I could never do that to mine. Poor Mango must have been so stressed.

Reactions: 3
Lol I genuinely couldn't think of anything worse than people being in my home when I'm not there 😂
You might not like it but it's better for your cat. We've used cat sitters for 10 years and not once had any kind of issue. It's very distressing for almost all cats to be in a cattery, even if the owner thinks they're fine.
---
Again, though, being moved to a different house then moved back again would be distressing to most cats; they're not like dogs. She ought to have just got a cat sitter in. It's very easy to find a decent one these days as they're all reviewed and insured etc.

Ah but Rebecca is so famous, she couldn’t possibly have someone in her house!

I’m joking but she probably does think this

Reactions: 6
Wonder how much she put on that Costa giftcard, a fiver?
I came on here to ask the same thing! When I've seen others do this, they've always said how much they've loaded and it's usually been at least £50. Can't see Becks putting on that much.

Reactions: 1
It'll be enough for one or two drinks and then it seems like it was all used really quickly.

Costa coffee is tit, the worst coffee chain from the lot tbh. I will judge her heavily on her coffee choices esp when she has an authentic moka pot at home.

Reactions: 5
Costa coffee is tit, the worst coffee chain from the lot tbh. I will judge her heavily on her coffee choices esp when she has an authentic moka pot at home.
I agree! I genuinely don't understand why so many people love the place. The only thing I like about it is there's a drive through near me and was handy to get a caffeine hit when my toddler was a baby and fell asleep in the car and I didn't want to risk waking her.

Not to mention they have NOTHING GF which for a chain is so lazy. Even their oat milk has gluten. Mind you nor do Becky's books so that checks out 😂

I think last time I was in Costa (not through choice) it was about £84 for a cheese and ham toastie and a flat white with added dishwater. I then made the mistake of peeking at the ham and it was like Billy Bear ‘meat’ 🤢

Absolutely garbage coffee chain

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Surely if you forget mince for a lasagne, you could just make a pasta dish instead rather than waste time chopping everything really fine. But I guess we all don't have hours in the day with nothing to do unlike Becks.

However, if she had a meal planner (didn't one of her books come with one?!) and used that to make a shopping list, you wouldn't forget the main ingredient of a sodding lasagne

Reactions: 8