What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching the arctic monkeys on the telly at Glasto aged 32, reminiscing when I saw them aged 17! It was at Lancashire cricket club, Amy Winehouse, The Coral and Supergrass supported them.

Reactions: 7
I'm sure the Tesco delivery man who just brought my shopping wasn't old enough to drive!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I had to drive somewhere new yesterday. Should have taken an hour and a half but due to heavy traffic it took three…woke up this morning and my legs ache, splitting headache and just totally exhausted. Just from a three hour drive!! 😩 I used to zip around all over the place in my youth 😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 4
That the only good thing about todays hot weather is I managed to get my towels washed and dried outside.

• Haha
I'm sure the Tesco delivery man who just brought my shopping wasn't old enough to drive!
When I was younger and went to pubs/bars clubs etc I never understood why I was asked for I'd when I was obviously over 18. Now I realise it is literally impossible to guess who is 😅

Reactions: 3
That makes me feel older for still buying cds 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I teach adults (I am mid 30s, most.are younger than me) someone today asked me if I had a rotary phone when I was a teenager (they didn't know the word they showed me a picture...) I don't know how old they think I am 😅

• Haha
We didn't have computers at school at all let alone mobile phones.
We only had three channels on TV and children's programmes ended at 5.30pm.
When we went to school everyone had watched the same programmes as there was so little choice. There was no streaming so we all had to watch in real time.
We didn't have a freezer until I was about 12. I thought artic roll was the last thing in sophistication.
I remember decimalisation.

I am officially a dinosaur.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
We didn't have computers at school at all let alone mobile phones.
We only had three channels on TV and children's programmes ended at 5.30pm.
When we went to school everyone had watched the same programmes as there was so little choice. There was no streaming so we all had to watch in real time.
We didn't have a freezer until I was about 12. I thought artic roll was the last thing in sophistication.
I remember decimalisation.

I am officially a dinosaur.
This reminds me when the teachers used to wheel in those massive tellys with a video player.

Either to entertain us on the last week of school or scare the tit out of us with those "Don't go with strangers/play on railway lines/abseil off a pylon" films.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
We used to get films with health messages. They were terrifying: black withered lungs to stop us smoking, swollen and lumpy livers to warn us of the effects of alcohol and birth stories which featured a woman screaming and then holding a baby looking exhausted.

My favourites were the David Attenborough and primates together in films in far flung places. Pure escapism.

Reactions: 6
Talking about information films anyone else remember the ones with the boy and the cat "Charlie says"

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.