What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a big hoo ha on TV about Jeremy Paxman stepping down from University Challenge after 30 years. In my head he only took over from Bamber Gascoigne a decade ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Working with someone who was born the same year you started out in your careerā€¦ and here they are sat next to you , minus their nappy!! Trying to learn how you do your job!

I feel very old!!! Imagining that when I was 25 and just starting in my medical careerā€¦ the person now sat next to me! Was shitting himself and getting his ass wiped!!!! I canā€™t get over it
---

Reactions: 8
Just seen Graham Gouldman's 10cc live in concert (absolutely amazing) - but still have the fondest of memories for the original line up with Kevin Godley, Lol Creme and Eric Stewart as well.......

Ahhh happy days

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just seen Graham Gouldman's 10cc live in concert (absolutely amazing) - but still have the fondest of memories for the original line up with Kevin Godley, Lol Creme and Eric Stewart as well.......

Ahhh happy days
Oh, there are so many great 10cc songs, aren't there? We saw GG's 10cc a few years ago, it was a fab gig...but it's a shame that the original band split and never managed to patch up their differences.

Plus, Eric Stewart was hot back in the day!! šŸ”„
985278b3dd825989b1db5e3346136352.jpg

• Heart
Oh, there are so many great 10cc songs, aren't there? We saw GG's 10cc a few years ago, it was a fab gig...but it's a shame that the original band split and never managed to patch up their differences.

Plus, Eric Stewart was hot back in the day!! šŸ”„
View attachment 2247575
Aren't Eric Stewart and Lol Creme brother in laws?

Graham Goldman and his family were staying in the same hotel as me a few years ago for an Easter weekend. No tea to spill.

Reactions: 1
seeing all the women looking fab, youthful and effortless in summer while i look frumpy, round and haggered

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My daughter asking me a few years ago if toothbrushes existed when i was a child back in the olden days (im only mid-30s now)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When the thought of a comfy bed, to sleep, is more appealing than a night out in town

Reactions: 12
Friend posted something about PokƩmon. Me: I remember playing that when I was 11. That was 23 years ago...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I work a lot with people in their 80s and 90s, they were complaining the nostalgia for older people is WW2. For them it's 50's and more usually 60's. One even said to me, "that's my mum's music not mine"!

for some reason, celebrity children.

i remember brooklyn beckham as a tiny baby, wearing matching purple outfits with his parents on those ridiculous thrones, and now heā€™s out here engaged and on his third attempt at a ā€œcareerā€. how?!?! this canā€™t be true because iā€™m still 21. obviously.
I similarly felt old when I watched the Brit Awards two or three years ago and one of the big stars of the night was Neneh Cherry's daughter.

• Haha
Miss Marple is one for me (big Agatha Christie fan).
I vividly remember the wonderful Joan Hickson in the role back in the 1980s, and then more recently the also wonderful Geraldine McEwan. It doesn't feel like that long ago she stopped playing the role yet it was 2008 (and she died in 2015 :( )

Honestly anything that happened from about 2005 feels like it was 5 or so years ago, not nearly 20.

I saw an old episode of Blankety Blank the other day and half the people on it are dead now!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I similarly felt old when I watched the Brit Awards two or three years ago and one of the big stars of the night was Neneh Cherry's daughter.
I thought Mabel was Neneh's baby bump on TOTP all those years ago.

Turns out its her big sister!

Reactions: 2
Whaaaat! I just looked this up and had no idea Mabel was her daughter šŸ¤Æ

Iā€™ve just found This Life on UKTV and itā€™s made me SO happy šŸ˜† old but happy

• Heart
Iā€™ve just found This Life on UKTV and itā€™s made me SO happy šŸ˜† old but happy
This Life drove me crazy. Poor old Millie knackered from lawyering all day and shagging her sleazy boss finally relaxes into her lovely bath with a glass of wine.

Then that Scottish lass always comes in and sits down for a dump and starts bending her ear about Miles.

• Haha
This Life drove me crazy. Poor old Millie knackered from lawyering all day and shagging her sleazy boss finally relaxes into her lovely bath with a glass of wine.

Then that Scottish lass always comes in and sits down for a dump and starts bending her ear about Miles.
I forgot about the dump bit šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.