What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was watching a little tennis earlier. A player called Carlos Alcarez was playing. No.1 in the world and you would think he's well into his late 20s, but no, he is 20 years old just turned. I'm in my 30s and that depresses me. I don't know why, but maybe because I'm of the realisation that I have less of my life left than when I was 20. 😩 lol and he's achieved no.1 in the world at his discipline at 19/20. I wonder what I did with my life haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
That I'm baffled watching young people chatting away on loudspeaker, holding the phone up to just their mouth!

I'd hate everyone to listen to my private conversation.

Reactions: 3
UKTV? I found it alongside Netflix and iPlayer
---

I’m not enjoying it tbh. I think I’ve grown up 😂
Yeah, it was all exciting in our 20s. I imagine they all come across as irritating snotballs 25 years later!

Yeah, it was all exciting in our 20s. I imagine they all come across as irritating snotballs 25 years later!
I think that’s it tbh. I loved it when it first aired
---
That I'm baffled watching young people chatting away on loudspeaker, holding the phone up to just their mouth!

I'd hate everyone to listen to my private conversation.
My teens do it. Usually it’s a voice message 🙄

Reactions: 1
I’ve found as I’ve got older that I find characters so annoying now. Ross from Friends was always obvious but now they all annoy me. I decided to rewatch Golden Girls as I was a teen first time round and have only watched the occasional 1 over the years. It’s still so funny, brilliantly written. But my god the characters are quite awful 🤣. Loving it tho

Reactions: 4
Making 'that' noise when I kneel down and again when I get up. Like an orgasmic sigh but propelled by sheer effort rather than pleasure.

Reactions: 1
I’ve found as I’ve got older that I find characters so annoying now. Ross from Friends was always obvious but now they all annoy me. I decided to rewatch Golden Girls as I was a teen first time round and have only watched the occasional 1 over the years. It’s still so funny, brilliantly written. But my god the characters are quite awful 🤣. Loving it tho
I was listening to Radiohead the other day, one of my favourite bands as a teen. I used to think they were all wise and mysterious. I stopped because I just kept thinking "oh give over you whingy prick" and put on some Prince instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I was watching a little tennis earlier. A player called Carlos Alcarez was playing. No.1 in the world and you would think he's well into his late 20s, but no, he is 20 years old just turned. I'm in my 30s and that depresses me. I don't know why, but maybe because I'm of the realisation that I have less of my life left than when I was 20. 😩 lol and he's achieved no.1 in the world at his discipline at 19/20. I wonder what I did with my life haha.
If it makes you feel better Alcaraz is only no. 2 in the world at the moment. And no. 1 is Djokovic who is 36 proving life’s not over at 30 😜

But yes it does make me feel old when I consider I’ve been following tennis since before Alcaraz was born.

If it makes you feel better Alcaraz is only no. 2 in the world at the moment. And no. 1 is Djokovic who is 36 proving life’s not over at 30 😜

But yes it does make me feel old when I consider I’ve been following tennis since before Alcaraz was born.
I couldn't believe it when I first heard about Carlos last year. He was 19 and I'm thinking bloody hell he's only 19?! Then I google certain new faces and you see "born in '03/04/05" etc and I'm depressed again haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’ve just bought a new hosepipe. And I was far too excited about the attachments. It has a sprinkler fgs 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

I remember watching Trans World Sport on Channel 4 to find out the tennis rankings pre-internet days.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.