What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a thread on insta titled ‘what’s the most shocking thing you remember from the news’. Of course I mentioned 9/11, 7/7, Manchester arena, Challenger shuttle disaster, Herald of Free Enterprise and a few others. Commenter under me said ‘I don’t remember a lot of these-even 9/11. It’s Grenfell for me’. I just thought my god I’m so old. Suppose it’s how our grandparents felt tho, trying to explain ww2

Reactions: 11
There was a thread on insta titled ‘what’s the most shocking thing you remember from the news’. Of course I mentioned 9/11, 7/7, Manchester arena, Challenger shuttle disaster, Herald of Free Enterprise and a few others. Commenter under me said ‘I don’t remember a lot of these-even 9/11. It’s Grenfell for me’. I just thought my god I’m so old. Suppose it’s how our grandparents felt tho, trying to explain ww2
I was surprised I didn’t see anything anywhere about remembering 7/7 this year. I normally do

Reactions: 4
When you mention a song from around the time you were 18, and the grown adult person you're talking to tells you they weren't BORN when that song came out :oops:

Reactions: 7
When you mention a song from around the time you were 18, and the grown adult person you're talking to tells you they weren't BORN when that song came out :oops:
And yet you don't feel so old when a quiz show questions a young person about something and they give that same response. You just think, so you've never heard of Henry VIII then??

I told someone at work I liked reading and she said, without any malice as she's really nice, that the older generation often liked reading and she wished that she was like that. Swear my crows feet got a few more talons.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Trying to keep up with fast moving threads. I can't even be arsed to read half the posts! This is a kind of cheating IMO.

In agreement with the knee and other joint pain. Elbows were the worst for me. Losing weight has made a huge difference along with taking Evening Primrose Oil each day

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Seeing teenagers walking to school whilst I drive to walk, who are wearing spaghetti strap cami tops and combat trousers. This 30 something now feels very old seeing teens wearing what I wore 18+ years ago :ROFLMAO: :eek:

Reactions: 6
And yet you don't feel so old when a quiz show questions a young person about something and they give that same response. You just think, so you've never heard of Henry VIII then??

I told someone at work I liked reading and she said, without any malice as she's really nice, that the older generation often liked reading and she wished that she was like that. Swear my crows feet got a few more talons.
My son has never read a book! (apart from what they had to at primary school). Just not interested! He’s not thick or illiterate, but it doesn’t seem to hold any appeal.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
My son has never read a book! (apart from what they had to at primary school). Just not interested! He’s not thick or illiterate, but it doesn’t seem to hold any appeal.
I don't read either . I used to as a child by choice. But not as an adult.
I think it's due to lack of time , and not wanting to invest in a book I can't get into.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Thinking about having a wank before sleep, but it’s like getting the Thunderbird out of the garage and I can’t be arsed.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
That last post is unfollowable IMO.

If I were younger and sharper I'd be able to come up with an even funnier one. So yeah it makes me feel elderly.

• Haha
Mine is a trivial one but it’s how people make hearts now with their index finger and thumb (wtf is that?!), rather than using the whole hand to make the heart.

Reactions: 2
My nephew has just passed his degree, has a 1 year old daughter and is getting married on Monday. His little sister (niece) starts uni (fingers crossed) in September. It seems like yesterday that he was starting nursery and she was a new born and I was a 31 year old auntie!!

Well, I am now rinsing the plates before they go in the dishwasher. Like my mother.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.