What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
By the age of 25, no matter how young a person is, they start complaining that they feel 'old.' So, in a lighthearted manner... what makes you feel old?

- Teenagers embracing the emo trend and wearing band shirts I saw the concert for before they were in reception
- People that were born after 9/11 being adults
- When I was looking for a dance workout and selected one called "dance along to the oldies" to find it was full of 90s pop songs. Oldies!?
- Realising how old early memes are. Just how is Badger Badger Badger 18 years ago?

• Haha
Reactions: 47
32 years old. I feel old as feck when I hear about Tik Tok.

The full TT premise, I just don’t get it. Never will.

Also, when I go to my local super market and the young 18/19 year old employee who is standing on door duty has his face in his phone his ENTIRE shift. It makes me feel old. As I get angry about it. Nothing to do with hating on supermarket workers or being “a Karen” but I would have been reprimanded when I worked in retail if I dreamt of having my
Phone out. Also, this is a bug bear of mine in work places: you’re at work, being paid to work. Eyes up, phone down and work!

Reactions: 54
People not knowing about dial up internet,
tiktok, people wearing really chunky trainers (you would not be seen in those when I was at school!!)

And apparently side partings and skinny jeans aren't in anymore? I must be old then 😂

I honestly feel so old but so young at the same time!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
It's just basically Vine under another name. Bet Twitter are kicking themselves for shutting Vine down now, given the uptake in recent years on Tiktok.

Reactions: 11

The full TT premise, I just don’t get it. Never will.

Also, when I go to my local super market and the young 18/19 year old employee who is standing on door duty has his face in his phone his ENTIRE shift. It makes me feel old. As I get angry about it. Nothing to do with hating on supermarket workers or being “a Karen” but I would have been reprimanded when I worked in retail if I dreamt of having my
Phone out. Also, this is a bug bear of mine in work places: you’re at work, being paid to work. Eyes up, phone down and work!
im 33 and I love tiktok, but not the dances but the 90’s stuff. So yes that also makes me feel old.

at work I have a lot of younger collegues. Me and one of the older ones where talking about the internet when we were young. Especially the annoying sound to Connect to the internet, the younger one said to us: ooooh I once saw that on a video!!! That made us feel really old 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Being genuinely happy that The Corrs started playing on the radio at work.

As a 42 year old, this made me feel positively ancient...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I remember seeing a reaction video online a few years back about teenagers / pre-teens being shown older technology and asked to identify it. One of them was shown a floppy disk and said "oh, someone 3D printed the save button!"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I remember seeing a reaction video online a few years back about teenagers / pre-teens being shown older technology and asked to identify it. One of them was shown a floppy disk and said "oh, someone 3D printed the save button!"
Yes I saw one similar and I felt ancient!
I think it included video tapes too and portable CD players.
I think it's because everything has moved on so quickly in such a short space of time!

I remember my Dad moaning saying he didn't see the point in having a mobile phone and why would he need to he contactable all the time...now he lives on the thing 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Hearing my favorite songs on the retro channels haha or seeing friends kids on a night out! Sleeping weird or in a different bed and my back hurting for a week 🤣🤣

Reactions: 10
My much younger sister just got a job as a detective Constable,she’s only 22 and in my head she’s about 15 still.So that makes me feel old af

tiktok, people wearing really chunky trainers (you would not be seen in those when I was at school!!)

And apparently side partings and skinny jeans aren't in anymore? I must be old then 😂

I honestly feel so old but so young at the same time!
The side parting fine but skinny jeans !!! Sorry I’m just going to have to be old

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Re-watching Friends and realising I was in high school when it first began and now it's over 25 years old.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Someone at work genuinely didn't know what a fax was. Looked at me like I was ancient when I explained how we used to use them

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Explaining to my kids that I didn't have a mobile phone till I was 18. They weren't really a thing until then, not for the masses anyway. They looked at me with a sense of pity and as if I were some kind of alien not from this world.

Also describing cassette tapes to my youngest, and how you had to sometimes physically rewind them if the actual ribbon tape got twisted. She was absolutely fascinated that it wasn't just as simple as touching a bar on a screen.

My kids still think it's crazy that I had to use a landline phone (we don't even have one now) to talk to friends.

Reactions: 18
Seeing 80’s fashion / aesthetic come around 3 times in my lifetime - back in the 80s, that weird overlap in the 90s and then again in the noughties.

Also seeing youngsters commenting online about 90s and noughties music being superior to nowadays...ignoring every Marky Mark, Daphne and Celeste, One True Voice, The Rasmus and other less than stellar performers we endured. Fun fact: as ALL music eras have more average to bad songs than good.

Reactions: 13
Cassette tapes, videos and dial up internet.

I got my first mobile at 16 it was a Nokia 5110 that you could change the covers on - I was so excited 🤣

90s music now being retro/ oldies 😫

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.