What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember the Gibbs solid toothpaste which came in flat tins (like the shoe polish tins), you had to wet your toothbrush then rub the bristles on the hard paste, not very hygenic to share!
---
I made a comment to the check out cashier in Tesco today that the store's music was too loud and she agreed with me! Why does every shop have to blare music out, why can't we shop in peace?
I thought you loved music?? 😂😂😂😵💫😉

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My kids have become obsessed with watching old supernanny episodes. I don't know when they originally aired but she watches the preamble on a portable dvd player and they were like 'mum, what the heck is that??'. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Made someone else feel old by telling them that 'Take on Me' by A-ha actually came out 38 years ago, not 'must be 25 years at least.'

• Wow
Reactions: 3
My friend had her daughter on my 17th birthday. Said daughter had a baby in October. So my friend became a grandmother when she was 37. For context my youngest only turned 1 months before this.

And my other friend is 39 and just having her 1st.

Reactions: 2
This reminds me when the teachers used to wheel in those massive tellys with a video player.

Either to entertain us on the last week of school or scare the tit out of us with those "Don't go with strangers/play on railway lines/abseil off a pylon" films.
We had a different room to go to as it was so big! On Friday afternoons year 2 to 6 had a sing a long (great for learning old pop songs), but we had the words written out by hand and on an overhead projector so we could sing to our music teacher playing them on piano.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Seeing daily mail saying Nigel harman will be on strictly and he will appeal to the ‘middle aged’ crowd.. 🥴 had the biggest crush on him on EE, apparently watching him 20 years ago now makes me middle aged and old 🤣 (i’m late 30’s fyi)

People on the secret gossip thread having never heard of tailpipe man and thinking it is a recent picture of Mr Tumble. I remember that and goatse being a slightly more horrifying version of 'rick rolling' back when I was doing my first proper job back in 2002. duck me I'm old.

If you are not old like me, do not Google these things.

Reactions: 1
Seeing daily mail saying Nigel harman will be on strictly and he will appeal to the ‘middle aged’ crowd.. 🥴 had the biggest crush on him on EE, apparently watching him 20 years ago now makes me middle aged and old 🤣 (i’m late 30’s fyi)
He’s on the classic episodes which are on tv everyday if you’re interested.
He’s as gorgeous as I remember him ☺

• Heart
He’s on the classic episodes which are on tv everyday if you’re interested.
He’s as gorgeous as I remember him ☺
omg i was posting on the classic EE thread once a month for the last year to see if he has appeared yet so i can watch and completely forgot for a while and now he is in them!!

need to start watching! Thanks 🤣

I find going into London for the day tiring. I used to love going shopping in the big stores now I can’t be bothered 😕
I’ve always had enough after about half-an-hour, of any shop! Thank God for online shopping.

Reactions: 6
That songs that I don’t even consider to be that old have to be remixed for the “cool kids” like that awful awful new remix of Barbie Girl for the new Barbie film. They always sound TERRIBLE

My knees. What the duck has happened to my knees. The look of them, their stiffness.
Same here both of mine seem to have given up over the last two weeks and it’s driving me mad
In fact every single bone aches
I don’t feel old but I feel physically it’s 3 steps forward and 10 steps back 🙁

• Sad
What Makes You Feel Old … thinking of a new thread title! …erm, WMYFO2? - see, down with the kids! 😎

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.