Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MissTeddy

VIP Member
We’re off to Almeria in Spain. I downloaded accuweather and the forecast looks slightly better so I am feeling hopeful 🧐 I need to do a sun dance I think!
The weather changes so quickly - it won’t rain solidly for a week in Spain, you’ll def see some sun x

Reactions: 1

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
Black hairs springing up on my eyebrows. I’m finding more the older I get. They are really thick and wiry. I’m finding the odd one on my arms too. I’m going to make it a condition if my daughters inheritance that she deals with these hairs when I’m too old to do it !

• Haha

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Thank you. I haven't exactly kept in touch, I think it was seeing the picture with them all and not me when I hear none of the others in the group are that close anymore. Oh well, like you say, I'm acknowledging the feeling and I'll get over it. That's a downside of social media sometimes, seeing photos and old memories crop up.
Did the bride go to any of their weddings? I think people feel obliged to return the gesture. We got invited to loads of wedding receptions after we got married, and they were all people who came to ours.

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I wanted to buy a book for my sister that I've already read before. It's already out and has been for a while. I don't want to buy a hardback copy, but a paperback because it's cheaper. Why the delay?

1683669030285.png

HaloGirl

VIP Member
thank you! I have had a lovely day!
And thank you everyone else who replied!

It’s not even that she hasn’t wished me happy birthday, it’s more that I made an effort for hers and she can’t even send a text. She knows it’s my birthday cause we were supposed to meet up so she’s got no excuse really. I won’t be doing it again.
Oh lovely!
It’s completely understandable. A txt takes a second to send. Enjoy your evening @shadowcat5 ❤

• Heart

MissTeddy

VIP Member
---
I think it's pretty common to get to 40 which is kind of middle age (hopefully a bit less than the middle though) and start to think about your life, it's like the old midlife crisis trope where men used to go and buy sports cars.

I'm 50, almost 51, and I don't feel bored as such but I do feel like all the best bits of my life are behind me 😭 I think about things that I remember vividly and realise they're 30 years ago. I had so many goals - go to uni, get my professional qualifications, buy a house, have children...but I'd done all that by the time I was 30 and it does feel a bit like I've got far less to show for the last 20 years than the first 30 years of my life! ☹
That’s how I feel, I’m nearer to 50 than 40 … and what now 🤷‍♀️
I just don't really know what I’m doing with my life whereas when I was younger I was working towards buying a house, starting a family etc.

Sharkfan

I hate my brain. I rarely have sex, because I'm single and no longer about the hoe life.

anyway, i ended up having sex with my friend 13 days ago. I have the coil as I'm terrified of an unplanned pregnancy; my last unplanned pregnancy I was on chemo so had an abortion which went wrong & resulted in emergency surgery.

anyway, any time i have sex i always freak out when my peroid is due that I'm going to be secretly pregnant. I've had pink discharge today (sorry I know this isn't mumsnet!) Which logically I'm due on in 7 Days so probably is spotting preparing for that but my brain is on high alert like nooope it could be implantation bleeding 😩😭 i won't be able to relax now until my stupid period comes.
Pregnancy scares are the worst! I had a similar experience last month and convinced myself I was pregnant despite using protection. My periods are also very irregular so I’m never sure when I’ll come on and took a test which inevitably came back negative.
I hope all is well with you and if it’s going to worry you for the next week until you’re due take a test. Xx

• Heart

slmapg

VIP Member
Have you told him to stop doing this? If you have told him and he isn’t stopping, then that sounds quite toxic ngl
Yep numerous times, but because I end up eating it he seems to think it’s ok to keep doing it. From now on though I think the only way it’s going to get in that head of his, is if I bin it!

Melian

VIP Member
May 20th - email to say parcel is on its way
Nit heard a word so checked online. They've cancelled it without telling me because not all of it was in stock.

Tethered caps.

Just been introduced this new invention via a huge meltdown when I couldn't safely open some coca-cola bottles and cut my finger trying to remove the tethered bit. Even with the new nonsense removed, it is still not safe or easy to drink out of these bottles as it has created sharp ridges around the rim of the neck.

I am all for recycling but why are the ideas so often so utterly, mindnumbingly stupid and impractical and sometimes even dangerous? These tethered bottle caps are going to cause huge problems for anyone who has disbilities that affect their hands and non-neurotypical people.

It's an EU law that will be fully enforced by mid-2024 and I can't help but feel once again vulnerable who struggle enough are being crapped on by those meant to help and protect.

Was there really not a better idea they could have come up with than this?
Ha, does Brexit meant we need it?

I am self employed and so many clients having been forgetting to pay. I think with the bank holidays and people going away etc it is genuine mistakes but I’m fed up, I just want people to pay me, and I don’t want to have to chase!
I do some work via a company and they need my work verified by clients to pay me, this also caused a hold up this week because someone didn’t verify in time so my wage was down by £150, which to me is a lot!!
If it's set amounts can you not setup DD's?

UGH sorry this happened to you. We should be allowed to wear what we want, tasteful cleavage or otherwise, without men making us feel uncomfortable in our own skin, but sadly most of the time we cannot. I hope you’re ok now

My rant is I just want to relaxxxxx but there is always stuff to do😫
Thank you. I absolutely agree!

Also echo your rant, the jobs list multiplies by the second 😩

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
That would be like buying a dog and never taking it out of the house.
Horses were on the roads long before cars and have had their bridle paths dissected by new estates and roads.
I'm not against it per se but riders need to be sensible too. I live in an area where there are a lot of stables so it happens regularly but today there were two horses on a main, through road with double white lines and a ton of bends. The traffic tailback was nuts. I actually think it'd dangerous for the riders and horse because I'm sure some dickhead would toot their horn or drive dangerously to try and pass them.

Last edited:

Frenchie

VIP Member
My ‘supervisor’ works same hours as me but always has a break and also lunch with the others that stay longer 🤬

• Sad

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Yeah I really don’t get this illness nonsense. Pre covid if you were sick with a bad cold (depending on your work) the flu, S&D etc you’d stay away from others. What’s changed now?
My little rant for today. I’m disabled so going for a shower takes a lot of my spoons (spoon theory). So I’ve just finished, sitting on side of bed catching my breath. Bang on door. I ignore it-I’m half dressed 🤣. Again bang bang. So I throw on my trousers and “rush”downstairs. Old lady from further down the road ‘postie put this in our box by mistake’. Now I may sound ungrateful but the packet was smaller than an envelope. Didn’t need signing for. She knows our names so knew it for us. Why didn’t she just put it thru letterbox 🤦‍♀️. Now I’m done in, lost more spoons. Meh
So you would know it was her going through the extra effort of bringing it around and not the postman. We've had letters for the people next door. I wouldn't want to talk to them, so would just post through the letter box.