What do you want to rant about today #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread here:

Reactions: 1
I’m sorry but what the duck is Facebook these days? Why am I seeing something so revolting. Sorry to also share this. But why is my feed just full of adverts, reels and unrelated pages that I have zero interest in? What’s the point of fb now?

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
*Pity party ahead*

I'm feeling down and sort of buzzed at the same time today. Like I could cry, but also like I'm so full of tension that I can't focus on anything and I don't even know if I'll sleep tonight.

Like I guess most people, the cost of living has really got to me. I'm getting paycheques and then having almost nothing left by the end of the day. I can't take a higher paying job because I am a carer for my very autistic relative. She's a great girl and I love her, but today I could just cry, the strain of everything is so much. My mobile phone broke completely out of the blue the other day (just won't turn on, no matter what I do) and I literally can't afford another. I need apps for so many things, like signing into work and contacting people I need to speak to, but the cheapest smart phones are £70. I don't even have £70 in the world. I will have on Tuesday, but this is what's crushing down on me - EVERY time I get some money at the minute, there is another expense like this and there is no money left over, ever. There are no phones for sale on Gumtree or Freecycle or FB Marketplace - well, none that I can afford!

I don't live an extravaggant life, I don't even have a tv license or Netflix subscription, my phone was PAYG, I've lost nearly 2 stone in the past few months and all my clothes are way too big to wear, I need shoes without holes, I need a mattress where I can't feel the springs sticking into me, I need washing up liquid, I need a day out with a friend, I need to cry, I need a hug, I need a break.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
I’m sorry but what the duck is Facebook these days? Why am I seeing something so revolting. Sorry to also share this. But why is my feed just full of adverts, reels and unrelated pages that I have zero interest in? What’s the point of fb now?
It's like the weird werewolf literotica I get advertised. Like wtf?!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Went to cinema today with a friend from work only us and a couple which how come they both need to take it in turns to go toilet during film. Surely if can hold it at work for more than 2 hours so why can't you when its a film you've spent good money on??

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Our store manager who is a !@#£ anyway, is not talking to me 🤣🤣🤣 I guess someone has been tittle tattling about me. I've just come back from a week and a half holiday and she's not uttered a single word to me.
If she thinks it bothered me or intimidates then she's wasting her time because I couldn't give a frigg, let's face it she's going to have to speak to me first otherwise I'm going to have the easiest shifts ever 😈

Reactions: 8
Why is my husband SO loud? The telly is BLASTING this bloody coronation and hes shouting a commentary and I'm sat like argh shup up! I have loop ear plugs but I cant discretely put them in because he will go in a huff 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Our store manager who is a !@#£ anyway, is not talking to me 🤣🤣🤣 I guess someone has been tittle tattling about me. I've just come back from a week and a half holiday and she's not uttered a single word to me.
If she thinks it bothered me or intimidates then she's wasting her time because I couldn't give a frigg, let's face it she's going to have to speak to me first otherwise I'm going to have the easiest shifts ever 😈
I'm here for the tea 😄

This is why I recently came off fb. It’s crap! 💩

I arranged for an Evri collection for today and they were meant to pick up my parcel between 1pm 2pm and then they changed it to 2pm to 3pm. At 2:06pm I received an email saying the courier tried picking it up but no one was at home. No ring of the door bell, no knock or use of the letterbox. Lying out of his/her hole!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

I'm glad its not just me because my feed has clogged up with junk like this. Time for a social media boycott I think.

Twitter I've realized is bad for me too. It's a very negative place where the majority of content is complaining and ranting about whatever is in the news.

Instagram I've never had but have heard enough about its toxicity. Plus I dont care about seeing rich peoples beach holidays. For all my reservations about TikTok, it seems to be one of the better social media platforms (I say with absolutely no evidence) but I'm sure I'll get addicted so I won't go near it.

But back to Facebook, its a shame how bad it is now because it was a good way to keep in contact with people.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've had a long, stressful day with my child. I wish I had more of a support network. I wish my daughter's dad would help either by having her more since he quit his job, or by getting a new job and helping financially. I'm just so fed up of doing everything on my own.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Went to the recycling centre today and it was closed so they could celebrate the coronation. duck’s sake!

Reactions: 2
Further to previous, blue light ambulances again outside the window. Seems like it's every Saturday night. WTF is wrong with this kid and why does it need emergency medical attention once a week??
---
Went to the recycling centre today and it was closed so they could celebrate the coronation. duck’s sake!
i'd pay good money to see your avatar wearing a crown..

Reactions: 1
Today I want to rant about night shifts.. we have 7 of them a month but I’ve just changed my rota line after my usual 7 and now I’ve done 14 of the buggers in a row. I look dead, I feel awful, and at my friends’ coronation party today I was the only one not drinking copious amounts, I wish I could have! Tomorrow is my one ‘day off’ but is it really a day off if I don’t finish until 7am then I’m back at 6am Monday?! I’m fully aware that I chose this job and it’s very well paid but I wonder if it’s worth it sometimes.

• Sad
  • Heart
Today I want to rant about night shifts.. we have 7 of them a month but I’ve just changed my rota line after my usual 7 and now I’ve done 14 of the buggers in a row. I look dead, I feel awful, and at my friends’ coronation party today I was the only one not drinking copious amounts, I wish I could have! Tomorrow is my one ‘day off’ but is it really a day off if I don’t finish until 7am then I’m back at 6am Monday?! I’m fully aware that I chose this job and it’s very well paid but I wonder if it’s worth it sometimes.
Could you talk to your manager and say its affecting your mental health and could it possible be cut back down to a more manageable amount. And is it fair is everyone else doing them horrible shifts. And I would look in to days off the doesn't sound right finish a 7am the day your off and back at 6am following day.
---
Just Googled day off says a full 24 hours i.e 12midnight to 12midnight. So if it helps I know I'm not sharpest tool in shed you should be starting at 7am??
---
Could you talk to your manager and say its affecting your mental health and could it possible be cut back down to a more manageable amount. And is it fair is everyone else doing them horrible shifts. And I would look in to days off the doesn't sound right finish a 7am the day your off and back at 6am following day.
---
Just Googled day off says a full 24 hours i.e 12midnight to 12midnight. So if it helps I know I'm not sharpest tool in shed you should be starting at 7am??
Sorry I've gone down a rabbit hole i hated what the night shift did to my dad before he he got forced to retire. You should have 2 days off look

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
My husband just nit picking tit all day. From me, from the kids.
Love him to bit buts he's doing my head in!

Why do men lie down on the sofa and within 5 mins are snoring when you're trying to have a conversation and they are the guest?
Why do they ask you to make pasta salad and then say they are too full to have it but oh yes they can force down the cake you've made the minute they see you eating it 🤷😁

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
---
---

Sorry I've gone down a rabbit hole i hated what the night shift did to my dad before he he got forced to retire. You should have 2 days off look
Thank you! Luckily it’s just for this/last week due to the job change, so hopefully no more like this. Unfortunately my role is also exempt from some of the laws around days off/breaks (we don’t get any breaks, it’s legal) and things, which is also annoying.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thank you! Luckily it’s just for this/last week due to the job change, so hopefully no more like this. Unfortunately my role is also exempt from some of the laws around days off/breaks (we don’t get any breaks, it’s legal) and things, which is also annoying.
Fingercrossed then it is x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.