What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doncaster Market place car park has suddenly decided to start charging a pound for parking on a Sunday apparently signs up for ages but when you only go on a Sunday you don't read the signs near pay and display, luckily when we parked we saw the parking enforcement going round putting fines on people's cars before we left the car park so we didn't get a fine.
I don't think it's just the market. I think all the council and on-street parking now charges at weekends and after 6pm. 😒

Reactions: 2
I'm surprised by how hurt I am that none of my immediate family were invited to my cousin's wedding. Having looked at it objectively from all angles I can only come to the conclusion that it was an absolute snub.

Admittedly our particular branch of the family tree has gone a bit "Adams Family" in recent years, with varying states of madness, illness and general shenanigans, and the side of the family involved in the wedding have quietly kept their distance, but this has been surprisingly hurtful.

The only two positives I can take away from this are; 1. Previously I thought people who felt like this after not being invited to stuff needed to get a grip. I have now revised this position totally and am not such an arse.
2. I don't have to invite the wankers or their family to my own wedding with zero guilt (my sister previously invited them to BOTH of hers so feels cheated of this small victory).

I am now deciding how to play future interactions with the couple in question. My head stays stay neutral and carry on as normal, wish them well and generally be an adult about it. My heart says totally blank them and ignore any faux friendliness from them from now on, which will be excruciatingly awkward but extremely satisfying.

I'm feeling annoyed tonight as the various photos emerge and everyone is doing the usual gushing on social media. I'm also annoyed with myself for being such a baby about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Weddings are expensive (as you probably know) and sometimes unpopular decisions have to be made. Try not to be too upset that you weren’t invited, it may have been a purely financial decision and they thought it easier to invite no one from your side instead of one or two but just extend the same courtesy to them and save yourself the money and invite some people you actually want to be there ❤

Reactions: 10
Left the house this morning to do the school run and see that there is dog tit on our driveway 🤬 if the dog owner had just knocked and told me, I would have given them a bag to clean it up but now I’m the one who has to clean it up 🖕🏽

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Had a vomiting bug 5 weeks ago and still don't feel right. Can't eat much and have spent all weekend broke up with sore joints or bones or something, sick of not feeling well all the time 😒

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Been doing work at another office but I’m now back at my own. On Friday, at the other office, the manager mentioned she had a task for me to do. I said I wouldn’t have time and we agreed I wouldn’t start it until I spoke to her and she’s given it to someone else. Fine with that, I’m busy anyway.

But, I did set up a file for it on Thursday last week which was just headings. The other manager emails me today to say “I can see the spreadsheet named this in the folder. Is this done?”

WHY WAS THIS AN EMAIL? Why not just open the freaking spreadsheet to see if it’s been done or not? She literally knew I didn’t have the records to do so as they’d been sat on her desk which I assume is where they still are, so how on earth could I have don e it?

Reactions: 5
Ugh, I am sorry. I've calmed down but I did not need to be such a drama queen and have tanturms like that. Though it does make me feel better to get it out somewhere even if just a thread like this.
Thanks, I appreciate that. I've been losing my mind repeatedly for the last couple of years, everything about moving out and moving in and having reno has been hideous. It doesn't help that I'm non-neurotypical and have mental health issues, I feel like I'm never able to settle. So now and then I just snap and it all comes out. We've got new neighbours next door and though they are very nice, they are completely gutting the property so there's a lot of noise there too. And I'm still not really recovered from my gran dying a few years back because I just wasn't given any time to grieve.

I really wish I could afford therapy. Can't imagine how long the NHS waiting list is if I tried that route and they only offer CBT anyway, which has made me worse in the past.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My neighbours and their kids were away for half-term and it was absolute bliss. Zero noise either side of me (the other house that isn’t attached has been empty for a few months as the lovely lady who lived there sadly passed away). The family that are attached to us came back around 5pm and I kid you not within 10 minutes the Dad was shouting and the kids were crying. What the actual duck. I honestly have no words.

I get kids can be loud (I don’t believe in the whole only seen and never heard) but ffs 🤦🏻‍♀️ they hadn’t been home for an hour and already the tranquility was gone. I can’t believe how much noise can have an affect on emotion because I just suddenly felt mega uneasy.

Now they’ve got another bloody work van pulled up outside.

To top it off I can’t find a house that I like that is within my budget on Rightmove without it being up for sale by auction. The worst of it all is that it’s solidified to me that I want a detached home so I don’t have the noise all the time and that seems so out of reach as a single person 🙃

• Sad
  • Heart
2 from me 😭

1. I've bought a fat suit (waist and thigh sucker inner thing)and it is pushing all the fat above and over the top creating a whole fat roll, front and back, that I never had before. Waist looks snatched but I now have a tyre under my boobs 😭. It wasn't cheap, £40 from M&S why is it doing this 😭😂

2. I bought charlotte tilbury lip liner and lipstick. Every tutorial I have watched looked amazing. Why do I look like a bleeping clown.
How is everyone in the world so good at makeup and I just can't. I love make up and would love to know how to do it properly 🫠 I bought the pillow talk set so why is the liner so obvious under the lipstick.

Third actually. I've had 6 months to slim for this wedding and I haven't 😭😭 why can't I just stick to a bleeping diet 😤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Weddings are expensive (as you probably know) and sometimes unpopular decisions have to be made. Try not to be too upset that you weren’t invited, it may have been a purely financial decision and they thought it easier to invite no one from your side instead of one or two but just extend the same courtesy to them and save yourself the money and invite some people you actually want to be there ❤
You sound extremely reasonable and fair minded, and I know what you have said is absolutely true. Sometimes you need someone to remind you to be sensible and you have, so thanks! X
---
2 from me 😭

1. I've bought a fat suit (waist and thigh sucker inner thing)and it is pushing all the fat above and over the top creating a whole fat roll, front and back, that I never had before. Waist looks snatched but I now have a tyre under my boobs 😭. It wasn't cheap, £40 from M&S why is it doing this 😭😂

2. I bought charlotte tilbury lip liner and lipstick. Every tutorial I have watched looked amazing. Why do I look like a bleeping clown.
How is everyone in the world so good at makeup and I just can't. I love make up and would love to know how to do it properly 🫠 I bought the pillow talk set so why is the liner so obvious under the lipstick.

Third actually. I've had 6 months to slim for this wedding and I haven't 😭😭 why can't I just stick to a bleeping diet 😤
I've always had this suspicion about shape wear. I think decide your priorities, and get something to cover up the top roll if you stay with the nice waist.

Make up - I have the same problem. Anything more than absolute minimum make up makes me look like Kenny Everett. I think it's a combination of you not used to seeing yourself like that and it looking strange to you but not others iyswim, and make up working better on camera or video. Take some photos before you write it off, then decide.

Three - one meal a day. Drastic but does work.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
The state of my brother’s car! I’m not obsessive about cleaning and can cope with stuff being visible, but his car is full of rubbish and even food on the seats. 🤢 I’m going to have to go in it later and I hope he has cleaned it as he said he would! He started it yesterday and didn’t finish it because he got bored! Even my 10 year old nephew tells him off for it! 😂🙈

• Haha
My colleague is always bleeping MOANING about how tit our salary and payrises are, how tit our bonus is (it’s 8-13% normally) and how the promotional prospects are so bad. She said “I could get twice as much in a different industry”. Shut the duck up and quit then! She’s worked here 2 years and been moaning for most of that time. We’re not in London, we’re in a Home Counties town and in a field that’s very employable - if you’re that unsatisfied then you could get another job in 2 seconds. If I have to hear it one more time I will go MAD!

Out of the 6 jobs I’ve had, 5 had no bonus and 1 had a bonus of 2% (the company was a huge very rich MNC). So I’m chuffed with the 13.5% I got this year!

2 from me 😭

1. I've bought a fat suit (waist and thigh sucker inner thing)and it is pushing all the fat above and over the top creating a whole fat roll, front and back, that I never had before. Waist looks snatched but I now have a tyre under my boobs 😭. It wasn't cheap, £40 from M&S why is it doing this 😭
I always find getting one with the bra in works best. Usually one like this - https://shapermint.com/en-GB/produc...MI2_S2kMy_hgMVyIxQBh02Sgu5EAQYASABEgKntvD_BwE

It tends to smooth everything then without leaving one bit without the Spanx aspect (they’re just a nightmare to get on and off if they don’t have poppers).

Reactions: 4
2 from me 😭

You need a bodysuit. The skims one is a miracle worker, just make sure you step into it, do not, I repeat do not try to get it over your head 😂
---
You sound extremely reasonable and fair minded, and I know what you have said is absolutely true. Sometimes you need someone to remind you to be sensible and you have, so thanks! X
Wedding drama is the reason why we legged it to Vegas and got married 😂
---
My colleague is always bleeping MOANING about how tit our salary and payrises are, how tit our bonus is (it’s 8-13% normally) and how the promotional prospects are so bad. She said “I could get twice as much in a different industry”. Shut the duck up and quit then! She’s worked here 2 years and been moaning for most of that time. We’re not in London, we’re in a Home Counties town and in a field that’s very employable - if you’re that unsatisfied then you could get another job in 2 seconds. If I have to hear it one more time I will go MAD!

Out of the 6 jobs I’ve had, 5 had no bonus and 1 had a bonus of 2% (the company was a huge very rich MNC). So I’m chuffed with the 13.5% I got this year!
Tell them to come and work with me….biggest pay rise I’ve had in the last 15 years is 3.5% which was last year and now there’s a GE they won’t even engaged in pay talks as it’s for the new government to set, but told not to expect the same ‘generous’ offer we got last year 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My job 💔 Bit of backstory: I did a placement in a company during my last year of uni and was asked to come back after I graduated. I loved the job during my placement, I really thought it was the dream job and I really hoped they would hire me so I was ecstatic when they did. That changed when I started working as a project manager and I soon started to hate the job. Or rather I started hating working for my boss. He was a total narc and having to deal with him really did a number on my mental health and my confidence. One day he would tell you that I was the best employee he ever had and he could see himself promoting me to senior project manager (after like 2 months in the company), the next he would tell me that I disappointed him and he was considering a formal warning (for the most minor things, like forgetting to bcc him in an email for example). I soon started dreading going to work, I would go to bed and wake up with a lump in my throat. I became withdrawn, started googling symptoms of depression and anxiety, etc, it was awful. I lasted two years before he accused me of trying to hack into the accounts (??, I know) one day and acting all normal and nice the day. I left. I was so traumatised that I decided to go freelance because I never wanted to have a boss again.
I’ve been freelancing for 5 years now. Within three or four months I was able to be self-sufficient, I made it through the pandemic, I made it through a cancer diagnosis. It was all going well, but lately the work has really started to dry up and I don’t know how much longer I can survive as a freelancer. I had been thinking that one day, it might be an idea to go back to an office job for better job security, pension, maternity cover, etc. But I never applied because I just love what I do and I'm not a big fan of change. And yes, of course, I have money aside for a rainy day. I know that ups and downs are to be expected but it’s bad. I don't want to use up all of my savings. I have a mortgage to pay and a wedding to finance.
I’ve started applying for jobs and I’m just so sad. I spent last week crying, feeling like I had been fired. I love what I do. If it was up to me, I would do it for the rest of my career and I’m only in my early thirties. I’m sad to see that the industry I work in is slowly dying because of AI and advanced technology, I’m sad that I will have to work for someone again. I know it was just a bad experience and some bosses are good people, but you know, once bitten, twice shy. I've applied to 7 jobs and all I got so far was one generic email to say the position had been filled already. I've only applied for jobs that I was qualified for and had experience in, and yet I can't even get an interview so I worry that even if I wanted one of these jobs, I wouldn't be able to get any.

If you've made it this far, thank you. I'm really not looking for advice, I just wanted to get it off my chest

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
2 from me 😭

Dieting is bleeping hard, you are basically starving your body which goes against human nature. Small calorie deficit and moving slightly more will work if you want sustainable loss.

2 from me 😭

1/ sometimes sizing up on the shape wear helps with the fat band

2/ the fb page UKMA I find really helpful for makeup advice, or come join us on the glam thread

3/ dieting does bloody suck, I'm with you there. I've lost 13lb since the beginning of the year, I could have been near target now if I was consistent. There is the weight loss thread if you're not already on it

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Boots Advantage card offers can be sneaky! I was buying a fancy serum today and seen an offer on my card that I'd get triple points if I bought a Soap and Glory mascara, so I got it thinking I'd get triple points on my entire purchase, but it was only on the mascara! Bloody cheapskates 😂

And actually, when I was waiting to get the serum (which was locked in the glass cabinet), the sales associate woman was helping out a man getting a perfume, being all nice with him "do you have a Boots card? do you need a bag? thank you! :)" and then when it was my turn, she was stoney faced with me, just said "yes?". I asked for the serum and said I couldn't see the price as it was covered with a promo message, so she gets me the serum out and closes the door without telling me how much it was, so I had to ask again. She said "£60" - but it turns out it was £70 - and handed me the serum, saying "you can pay at the desk". Cheeky cow 😠

• Wow
Reactions: 9