Weight Loss and Healthy Living #12 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone do spin classes at home, not using Peloton?

I've seen a few on YouTube and really enjoyed them when I had a gym, but don't know where to start! Any recommendations?

I've seen a few on YouTube and really enjoyed them when I had a gym, but don't know where to start! Any recommendations?
You can use the Peloton app without a Peloton bike, not sure how much it is now but if you can afford it it's well worth it - the content is amazing

I use Apple fitness+ for their spin classes

I’ve hurt my back - well my upper torso really; it’s making me really uncomfortable. I was going to go to the gym and power through it, but it’s too sore.
Think I overdid it on the exercise bike - hunched over and pedalling for dear life 😂
Such a pain because I was really enjoying going :( and the knock on effect is that I want comfort food/chocolate

Finally in the overweight category, bringing my total weight loss to 4st 9lbs since my heaviest last year. Just 1.6lbs until my first goal!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Finally in the overweight category, bringing my total weight loss to 4st 9lbs since my heaviest last year. Just 1.6lbs until my first goal!
Well done!!
I’ve had a good start to the week with my calories , didn’t make it to the gym every day because I’ve been so busy with work but the main thing is I’m not snacking endlessly throughout the day and eating balanced healthy meals! I’ve lost 1kg so far 🥳

I’ve also been keeping track of the amount of plant based foods I eat every week on a spreadsheet aiming for 30 each week!

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I made this for my dinner/tea whatever you call it tonight. It was very tasty, will definitely be making it again. I’m not entirely sure her calories are correct as MFP counted mine to 540ish for the one portion. Nonetheless tasty and more veg than I’d normally eat!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I had a day off dieting for a concert Sunday then yesterday I was just in a tit place mentally and ate everything in sight haha. I "gained" 4lb in those 2 days!! I know it's not true gain, so I'm taking that as mental progress on this journey.

Had a home made smoothie as a treat breakfast but also very healthy, just fruit & fat free yoghurt
Lost the 4lb so back to 12st13lb 😁 1st3lb until I'm in the healthy BMI bracket. To think at the beginning of the year I was in the obese BMI bracket. Almost halfway through to my goal, I've lost 13lb and 17 more to go. Very slow progress but progress nonetheless and the time will pass anyway! Also I've not always been 100% on it 🫣

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I seem to have gained since last week but I’m just gonna use today’s weight as my starting weight 🤷‍♀️ bit miffed as I’d been on track but I won’t let it bother me too much

Reactions: 1
I seem to have gained since last week but I’m just gonna use today’s weight as my starting weight 🤷‍♀️ bit miffed as I’d been on track but I won’t let it bother me too much
Weight fluctuates daily depending on thongs like hormones, if you've eaten a little more, if you've had more water or more salt etc. Doesn't means its weight gain per say but it's bleeping annoying when you are in a deficit and doing everything right and you are half a pound down for the week on average. A few weeks ago I was dropping 2lb a week and feeling so happy and motivated. Lack of results leads to the struggle bus for me.

I'm around 2/3lbs off a two stone loss for the year and I want to lose at least 4 stone this year (more if I can as I've over still around 10 stone to lose).

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Good afternoon all!
Thinking about signing up with a PT - it's not cheap though. Have people had positive results with a PT?

I did a free session and I feel like I gel with the trainer...

Good afternoon all!
Thinking about signing up with a PT - it's not cheap though. Have people had positive results with a PT?

I'm enjoying my sessions with my PT. I loft heavier than I would alone and she pushes me and encourages me to continue. I also am noticing big changes in my body shape.

However I didn't enjoy the nutrition/outside of the gym check in side. Mainly because I know what to do I just have made excuses for years not to! So someone reviewing my food diary really wound me up especially as I knew I had made huge changes I.e. a fresh pasta and premade sauce instead of a domino's after a late finish at work etc. But she would criticise the lack of veg. Despite sticking to calories/protein when previously I would have had a 2000cals domino's

We have now settled in a bit more and she isn't seeing my food diary unless I ask her to. And that's much better for my mental health.

I've dabbled in with a few personal trainers over the years and I really enjoy it. I've now joined a small group PT gym (3 people per session) which is a happy medium in terms of assistance and cost. They push you - but in the right way. More like they believe you can do it. I feel such an achievement after every session.

I find the results to be better than if I was doing classes, but more sociable than if I was slugging it out doing the same exercises on my own.

That said, you could do it for a few months, and once you're more confident with the exercises and weights, you could reduce your sessions or just go on your own.

I never really had a PT look at my food diary though, but maybe that's because I haven't really tended to broach the subject with them.

Idk where in the world you are but I'm southwest uk and we've had really hot weather, if the same where you are then it could very easily be water weight

Good afternoon all!

I have a pt I go to once a week, £15 for 30 minutes. I’ve never tried the gym prior to going to pt as I didn’t know what to do/how machines works, or exercises I should be doing.
I really enjoy going, she has her own personal gym in the back of her garden so it’s completely 1-2-1.

she also does monthly challenges you can join, either alongside your pt sessions, or like me, only do the challenge. I’ve always have good results from them

I feel like I've been hovering around the same weight for weeks, admittedly taking a very balanced approach to life but still trying to burn a decent amount of calories. So I've decided to throw in an extra session a week to do a run. Went tonight and decided to get on the little proper weigh-in machine.

The good news is that I weighed slightly lighter than at home (at the top end of normal). The bad news is I'm in the lower half of normal for skeletal muscle mass and in the over normal section for body fat percentage.

Stuff to work on. My plan is to lose about 2 stone and then work on strength.

I feel like I've been hovering around the same weight for weeks, admittedly taking a very balanced approach to life but still trying to burn a decent amount of calories. So I've decided to throw in an extra session a week to do a run. Went tonight and decided to get on the little proper weigh-in machine.

The good news is that I weighed slightly lighter than at home (at the top end of normal). The bad news is I'm in the lower half of normal for skeletal muscle mass and in the over normal section for body fat percentage.

Stuff to work on. My plan is to lose about 2 stone and then work on strength.
Not to deter you from working on strength by any means but those measurements are notoriously unreliable, the only reliable way to measure body fat is with callipers or a DEXA scan. If you still want to lose 2 stone I'd not worry massively about those kinds of metrics for now, you can recomp at a later date

Not to deter you from working on strength by any means but those measurements are notoriously unreliable, the only reliable way to measure body fat is with callipers or a DEXA scan. If you still want to lose 2 stone I'd not worry massively about those kinds of metrics for now, you can recomp at a later date
I want to lose 2 stone anyway. That'll take me down to my pre-pandemic weight.

I want to lose 2 stone anyway. That'll take me down to my pre-pandemic weight.
Yeah I have to say the one thing I wish I'd done differently was start weight training after losing a bit more weight. I found it so easy losing 'scale weight' compared to recomping. And I can't eat many more calories when recomping, yet the exercises makes me hungrier. So if you can recomp at a weight you're happy with IMO that's the best way round to do it (just opinion, I know others disagree and have lost weight lifting weights)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.