What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Life is so bloody hard.
I'm my toxic mum's emotional support daughter. It's been just shy of 2 months since she had her heart attack and she's been in hospital the entire time. She's still in hospital. It’s so hard dealing with her. Despite being the youngest and a working single mum, I'm the one my other siblings rely on to do everything and organise everything for mum, talk to all the doctors etc. My mum's just called me ranting and moaning and complaining saying she wishes she didn't have the procedure. She's also so rude and racist to the nurses. Then I have my sister messaging me kicking off because today I just wanted a day at home to clean my shithole house and have a nap. I wanted a few child free hours where I can have time to myself and not be at hospital and doing things for anyone. Mum's blaming me for all her perceived failings of the nurses.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
All I’ll say is you need to look after yourself too, never feel guilty about saying no or telling your siblings you need a break and they need to step up. Make sure to tell your mum you need to be at home for a couple of days and to contact x if she needs anything. It’s so hard but you need it for yourself

Reactions: 12
Yes, not to mention that everyone buying them up for weight loss is diverting stock from people with diabetes who need them for medical reasons…
Definitely this my husband was put on the injections for his diabetes and we couldn't get his prescription filled anywhere in town for love nor money and we live in a big town
Every pharmacy in town said the same thing they have all been sold so he was back and forth with the doctors and they had to keep changing the make/dose so much in the end they had to put him back on tablets because the constant switching messed up his sugar levels so bad 😡

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Life is so bloody hard.
I'm my toxic mum's emotional support daughter. It's been just shy of 2 months since she had her heart attack and she's been in hospital the entire time. She's still in hospital. It’s so hard dealing with her. Despite being the youngest and a working single mum, I'm the one my other siblings rely on to do everything and organise everything for mum, talk to all the doctors etc. My mum's just called me ranting and moaning and complaining saying she wishes she didn't have the procedure. She's also so rude and racist to the nurses. Then I have my sister messaging me kicking off because today I just wanted a day at home to clean my shithole house and have a nap. I wanted a few child free hours where I can have time to myself and not be at hospital and doing things for anyone. Mum's blaming me for all her perceived failings of the nurses.
First and foremost you have to look after yourself and being a mum and being physically/mentally strong enough for that has to take priority. As for your mum as harsh as this sounds you need to step back a bit. Your siblings can step up and Don not take any crap they are flinging your way. Tell them THEY can do it. Maybe by not doing so much they will quickly realise how much you do do. You will get no thanks ( not that you are asking for any) for doing everything and it clearly is a case of the more you do the more they all expect it. What’s the worse that can happen? They fall out with you? I don’t think you are going to be the loser in that situation. I‘ve Seen situations like this a lot and honestly if you step back they will sort themselves out. YOU deserve a break too.

Reactions: 5
I just feel so guilty that I'm laying in bed crying about how hard I'm finding it when she's the one who's had major surgery not me (triple bypass and mitral valve replacement) I don't blame my siblings for keeping their distance with her as we all have a difficult relationship with mum due to how abusive she is and we all keep a distance but right now I think even if they don't want to help her for her, they could do it for me, to help me.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Why the duck aren’t there rules about caging birds? (I know we do it to other animals but it seems particularly cruel to stop a bird from flying free.) Next door has two in a cage smaller than a kitchen cupboard and they screech hysterically all day. It pisses me off and makes me sad in equal measure.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I just feel so guilty that I'm laying in bed crying about how hard I'm finding it when she's the one who's had major surgery not me (triple bypass and mitral valve replacement) I don't blame my siblings for keeping their distance with her as we all have a difficult relationship with mum due to how abusive she is and we all keep a distance but right now I think even if they don't want to help her for her, they could do it for me, to help me.
I think you have to say that to them….they’re putting their feelings towards your mum at the forefront of everything. Sometimes people need things spelling out to them

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I feel like I'm crumbling under the weight of a relative's problems. 😥
Everyone else in the family has washed their hands of them. As "they're a waste of space".
Their mum has died and I think she was their major support.
I felt like I had to barge in and stage an intervention as my gut was telling me something was badly wrong.
I've got them started on claiming benefits but their reaction and what they have been through is having a bad effect on me. I sob when they're not around and trying not to when they're using my phone asking for help.
They're heavily suspected to be autistic (Asperger's ?) and I just don't know where to go for help with this.
I feel like I'm talking to someone with brain damage, so my anxiety makes me lose my temper with them which makes me feel like an evil witch.
Trouble is they just agree with me and then don't do what I've asked. But they can present really well which fools potential employers into thinking they have massive potential or they get thrown off financial help as being capable.
I think they need support but just don't know where to turn. I also think they need PIP but have been told you should only get a qualified person to fill it in otherwise they won't get it.
Has anyone got any experience of this situation as I'm scared to trigger something bad as I tried to help his mother and she ended up killing herself.

• Heart
Flys. They have the whole world to fly around, why do they choose to come in my house and constantly buzz around

Reactions: 18
American youtubers shopping for Halloween already we are only just in to June ffs 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Flys. They have the whole world to fly around, why do they choose to come in my house and constantly buzz around
There’s been one in my car all week. How?! How is it even still alive?! How can you not see the windows that the entire car is made of?! Piss off!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I feel like I'm crumbling under the weight of a relative's problems. 😥
Everyone else in the family has washed their hands of them. As "they're a waste of space".
Their mum has died and I think she was their major support.
I felt like I had to barge in and stage an intervention as my gut was telling me something was badly wrong.
I've got them started on claiming benefits but their reaction and what they have been through is having a bad effect on me. I sob when they're not around and trying not to when they're using my phone asking for help.
They're heavily suspected to be autistic (Asperger's ?) and I just don't know where to go for help with this.
I feel like I'm talking to someone with brain damage, so my anxiety makes me lose my temper with them which makes me feel like an evil witch.
Trouble is they just agree with me and then don't do what I've asked. But they can present really well which fools potential employers into thinking they have massive potential or they get thrown off financial help as being capable.
I think they need support but just don't know where to turn. I also think they need PIP but have been told you should only get a qualified person to fill it in otherwise they won't get it.
Has anyone got any experience of this situation as I'm scared to trigger something bad as I tried to help his mother and she ended up killing herself.
Social services or a local autism group may be able to help or point you in the right direction? Would they go to their GP with you? They may be able to point you in the right direction?

My period, which showed up uninvited and out of nowhere this morning, is turning me into a rage filled banshee today.
- I tried to have a conversation with my husband and deeply regretted it
- there were 5 annoying people on the train on the way home
- my course “buddy” is irritating the utter crap out of me. I’ve never met anyone so filled with such little insight yet so much confidence in their abilities. She’s doing my head in. We have a group presentation to make and she’s changed her slides on the back of her boss’ feedback - ignoring the fact that the group agreed a format for the presentation and everyone else is doing their slides on that basis - she hasn’t told anyone else - just made a bloody unilateral decision and is pleased as punch with herself about it. Fml. I just said I imagine the presentation expert we see in a few weeks may have some feedback for us.
- my lovely 6 yr old has a cough and it’s really annoying me and I feel guilty saying it as she can’t help it - I always know I don’t feel quite right when I find her annoying!

• Heart
  • Sad
Social services or a local autism group may be able to help or point you in the right direction? Would they go to their GP with you? They may be able to point you in the right direction?
Thanks for replying. I've taken them to the GP (after fighting through the phone appt system Gestapo 🙄). Tried very hard to keep my temper but the GP was lovely. Radio silence since though. 🙄
I've suggested that the person joins a support group but not sure if I'll end up frog marching them there if I find one. I just need to get them away from me for their own good, as I feel quite unbalanced with rage on their behalf! 😁
Except they seem to have blind faith in me and end up looking like a beaten puppy when I get ratty.
I hate injustice. It "boils my piss" as some Tattlers would say. 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
My MIL is mainly helpful and generous, but I can not bear when she tries to give me unsolicited and unwarranted parenting advice. Especially when her advice (which feels more like telling me) goes against what I know from fact and mother’s instinct, what is right for my child. And also because she raised a nearly 40 year old man child who still can’t regulate his own emotions and can’t cope with any minor inconveniences 🤨.

Reactions: 11
Someone who I know well and have done for a long time (as an acquaintance really) has blanked my the last two time I have seen them in the flesh.

I think it’s so rude and it’s really pissed me off.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Someone who I know well and have done for a long time (as an acquaintance really) has blanked my the last two time I have seen them in the flesh.

I think it’s so rude and it’s really pissed me off.
Next time I would be like “HELLO! Cooey, hello! Ha, thought you were ignoring me”
I like to make people uncomfortable when they act like that

• Haha
Reactions: 18