What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a rant as such but don't know where else to share how proud I am of my petty behavior today. I've been interested in an item a seller has for sale on Vinted and eBay and we've been to and fro on price on both apps but they aren't budging much, its listed for over£100 and they've come down maybe a tenner. They have priced it quite high for what it is but I really do want the item so I've just bought it based on their last offer but bought it via eBay as their fees are much higher than Vinted so in the long run they wont get as much back!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Depending on what it is they might have no fees with eBay….they’ve abolished them on certain items to compete with Vinted and the like

Reactions: 2
Well known bands/musicians on top labels (and whoever they hire to look after this, the drummer's teenage nephew by the looks of it) who don't have a handle their social media and/or other web stuff. One of my favourite band's SM is driving me nuts. In general they only post if they have something to shill. (I stopped following Simon Reeve because he also does that). If you want to be up to date with their stuff you need to have accounts on everything because they always favour one platform and you only get half the info if you are not on it. It used to be Facebook then Instagram and now they do one of those artist WhatsApp groups, I should be grateful don't do TikTok yet. They hardly update their website nowadays.
They advertise their new merch on SM to everyone, but the webshop - which is tit anyway with white font on white background for some fields and non responsive design - does not accept orders from abroad. And doesn't even have some of the stuff they are advertising.
Love the music, but being a fan is starting to do my head in.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I have been tempted but my BMI is 27.8 and think it has to be 30. Plus I do have health issues (PCOS, psoriasis, IBS) which I'm on strong medication for so worried about a reaction 😢
My dad’s wife got it and she has BMI 27. Wegovy and Mounjaro are licensed specifically for weight loss. I was being facetious about Ibiza 😅, I wouldn’t risk it as I’m not overweight (and it’s expensive) - but I was listening Modern Wisdom podcast with Johann Hari as a guest and he was raving about it, saying it’s going to change the world and will be how everyone loses weight. Let’s face it, if diet and exercise were so easy and worked then we wouldn’t have an obesity crisis and so many people struggling to lose weight. I would say obesity is a very legit medical reason as there are many risks associated with it, and a lot of people have tried everything - willpower is very hard when we are surrounded by UPF, and our biology means we hate starving and cling on to any weight once gained.

Reactions: 3
I organised a small gathering with 3 friends, they’ve each taken it on themselves to invite other people and now it’s 6 coming, one of which I barely know. I just wanted a small thing with my close friends!! Pathetic of me but just annoying no-one even asked.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I organised a small gathering with 3 friends, they’ve each taken it on themselves to invite other people and now it’s 6 coming, one of which I barely know. I just wanted a small thing with my close friends!! Pathetic of me but just annoying no-one even asked.
Is this at your home/somewhere you've booked? Because if it is, you're more than within your rights to tell them where to shove it!

Reactions: 11
I organised a small gathering with 3 friends, they’ve each taken it on themselves to invite other people and now it’s 6 coming, one of which I barely know. I just wanted a small thing with my close friends!! Pathetic of me but just annoying no-
Seems quite bad manners on their part.

Reactions: 21
Finally found the motivation to get back on my fitness hype, booked a fun new class tonight through "MoveGB" which allows you try new classes near you. Just had an email to say the class in 2 hours time has been cancelled!! Not a good start to my "membership".

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Evri again. Expecting a parcel. They've put a blank card (the one that should give your name, tracking information, etc) through my door. Because I don't have any information I can't track my package

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Dining out has become a luxury a good couple years ago but my monkey brain still cannot grasp it. I had a bite somewhere near my place after work because I was tired. It's just a cafe, nothing fancy and the amount of money I paid for a mediocre plate of chicken and chips is nauseating. I'm not mad at the establishment because everything costs an arm and a leg but I wish I could teach myself that randomly deciding that I can't be bothered to cook isn't that easy anymore. Maybe I should get "We have food at home" tattooed on my arm so I can shame myself out of takeaways and dining out. What happened to simple restaurants with cheap, good food? I know we had some.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
People who don’t shut up talking. For the love of god just be quiet for five minutes. You don’t need to fill the silence 😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 28
People who talk forever on the phone because they hate texting. I don’t have time or the mental bandwidth to listen for an hour one night and then an hour the next night.

people who also eat or drink on the phone. There’s obviously some exceptions to this but I always taught to never eat/drink on the phone while growing up as it was considered rude. my friend does it all the time and hearing he sluuuuug gown her drink, I HATE it.

people who give unsoliciated advice/comments on food.

My friend used to sort the kitchen out, tidy up, have a bath/wash, get into bed and then say I'll have to go now - all whilst on the phone to me! Who then had to start doing all that in my own house at the crack of midnight! 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
Been thinking about this most of the day, was in the park earlier on sitting on a bench and there was this older woman that I could see from a little distance with a dog. She had the lead hooked over the bench handle and this guy was walking her direction so the dog just walked over to him. She got up, grabbed the lead and then hit the dog with a paper. The dog laid under the bench for a few minutes and came out and she hit it with the paper again. There was no need for it, scaring the dog won't work. Then it made me think what's she doing at home? Feel bad for not saying anything.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I walk down a back street and then a little lane/alley on my way to the station each morning. I can hear the birds singing and there's a fox who prowls around the streets, it's just a nice little bit of quiet time before my workday starts. And now I think I'm going to have to change my route because a bloke who lives in a house by the alley, is almost definitely waiting for me each morning. I thought it was just coincidence that he left the same time as me each day, but he ALWAYS leaves his house as I walk past, even when I leave a little earlier or later (I've worked at different sites a few times this month, so have caught a different train) This morning, he brought his bike out from his house, I could see him from the other end of the road, and he waited to leave until I walked past him. Ffs, why do men do this tit? I'm a middle-aged minger, he's just being an hole for the sake of it. I've walked through that alley for years, and now I can't. 🤬🤬🤬

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I know we don't need to social distance but why do people insist on standing so close?

Reactions: 29
Kids friendships. Why am I always the “host”??Had my oldests 2 close friends over multiple times but never had an invite for him to go to either of theirs. Not too bothers cause they aren’t any hassle but it would be nice for it to be reciprocated now and then.
(It’s not a behaviour thing either, he can be quite shy and is very sensible..unlike my others 😅)

Passive-aggressive behaviour. Either out with your issue or if you can't bring yourself to talk about it, don't make it someone else's problem to decipher your attitude. A friend is acting very strange lately but I am entirely certain that if I call her out on it, she'll go "what do you mean 🥺" Drives me insane.