What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry you didn’t get the role. There’s a lot to be said for just saying I need to reschedule the interview, I’d be grateful if you could accommodate this as I’m very interested in the role and know I’ve got the skills the role requires. As a hiring manager you’d be hard placed to refuse that request. But they could also look at it as unfairness to other candidates as everyone given the same amount of prep time. I had job applications/interviews. I get they want the best candidate for the job but they don’t make it easy. Look at it as not the job for you and something better is coming ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have an event in another city 2 weeks from now and I dread it so much. It was too costly to spend the night there so I have to make the three hour journey there and back in one day, I'll have to dress up for it so I won't be comfortable, it will be hot as hell, and the ceremony lasts three hours. My dad insisted to come with me but he can't even attend the ceremony because we can't bring guests. Initially the plan was to all go as a family and spend a night there. But then my mom complained that sleeping there cost too much for three people and she didn't want to go. So my dad just booked tickets for me and him and got return tickets for the same day. And I dread to think how much they cost. He hasn't told me yet. I'm sure he'll offer to pay for mine but I don't want that.
Honestly if I knew it would be such a hassle I'd have just declined. I really could not care less about the event itself. But I got a scholarship for university excellence and my dad insisted I should go to the ceremony. Ugh I just hope it won't be super hot. I'm highly allergic to pollen too so I basically feel miserable at all times from May to June, which isn't helpful

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I’m sorry you didn’t get the role. There’s a lot to be said for just saying I need to reschedule the interview, I’d be grateful if you could accommodate this as I’m very interested in the role and know I’ve got the skills the role requires. As a hiring manager you’d be hard placed to refuse that request. But they could also look at it as unfairness to other candidates as everyone given the same amount of prep time. I had job applications/interviews. I get they want the best candidate for the job but they don’t make it easy. Look at it as not the job for you and something better is coming ❤
thanks. The worst thing is I raced off to contact my agency as I cannot afford to spend any time unemployed as I won't get dole and I saw an email from my consultant asking if I was coming to the contractor drinks event they are having. I had no invite arrive and it's tonight in the City. Too short notice and I am WFH. Shame because I could have really used meeting my agency and networking as you never know who might say oh we have some roles for PAs etc at our company etc

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Got a plasterer in to patch up two small walls. Knocks on the door, comes in, looks at it and is like right I’ll just pop out for the materials. I’m thinking why didn’t you come with the materials?! You’ve had this booked in for a month, I’ve sent you pictures so you know what the job is?

Off he goes.

Comes back 45 mins later when the trade builders shop is literally ten mins away.

Sits in his van outside my house having a fag for a further 30 mins.

Starts work.

He’s now having another 30 min fag break.

I’ve got an appointment at 12 so he better get the job done by then or I’ll be pissed! House stinks of his fags as well! Not impressed.
I hate this! Always happens to me too. As you say, why haven’t you got the materials you need before you start? 🤯

Reactions: 7
On the dieting and weight loss part - I didn’t realise how easy it is to access Ozempic/Wegovt/Mounjaro online. I thought you would need a F2F doctors appointment. You don’t, there’s dozens of websites where you just fill out a form and it gets approved by an online GP. I managed to get hold of some for my dad’s wife who lives abroad.

The weight loss injections have rave reviews online, basically you just lose like 80% of your appetite and the weight falls off. I’m not overweight but really tempted to get some to slim down a bit before Ibiza 🙈 I’ve put on a few kg recently as I cannot STOP eating toast late at night!!
DO NOT DO THIS. you will give yourself a lifetime of stomach issues, genuinely. it’s not a weight loss drug and it isn’t intended to interact with a healthy pancreas/stomach. it’s to help diabetics and it adapts how your stomach breaks down food in a way that is really difficult to reverse (it literally is found to cause stomach paralysis or calcification).

it’s not worth the risk, especially for a trip. enjoy your holiday without it!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Once again louder for the people at the back who don't appear to have heard me the last time... Sydnie Christmas is NOT a West End Star

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Just heard my 9 year old on FaceTime tell her bestie she’s had the most boring half term ever and how rubbish her week has been 🤦🏼‍♀️ I know it has been, we’ve been to a few boring shops but mostly they’ve been at home entertaining themselves. With all the streaming services, Lego, Internet, books, friendship bracelet sets, bikes, a dog to walk, crochet sets, paints etc you could want. And this said bestie actually lives next door, and has been in our garden or house at some point every day!! Not a bad little life.
I really sway between wanting to give my kids the world, and wanting them to know what boredom is! We have been to theatre shows, all the days out you can name and some epic holidays over the years, so one boring half term isn’t gonna kill her! But somehow hearing her say it out loud just makes me feel a bit tit.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I was in Sainsbury's with my daughter this morning, it wasn't particularly busy but had a lot of elderly people in. We were out the way checking our eggs before putting them into the trolley. One lady came up beside us looking at the eggs we were slightly infront of, did a massive sigh and said for goodness sake (We were there first you old bat. Wait.) I looked her straight in the face and said was that aimed at us? She pulled 😳 face and scurried off slumped over her trolley. Why do old people hate anyone younger than 70?

Reactions: 16
I'm on one tonight.

My teenager not thinking for herself. I gave her my hairdryer and gave her mine because hers burned out. Now they think it's my burden and I need to be inconvenienced, instead of just ordering themselves a new one . If they'd thought about it the other day , it would be here by now .

I've ranted before that I feel like my family seem to sabotage me living my life and getting any enjoyment. I suggested getting a takeaway for tea since kids were at their grandparents and we always used to do that and it was met with caveman noise . So same old again. I have quite a simple life really, but there must be more to it than this.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
On the dieting and weight loss part - I didn’t realise how easy it is to access Ozempic/Wegovt/Mounjaro online. I thought you would need a F2F doctors appointment. You don’t, there’s dozens of websites where you just fill out a form and it gets approved by an online GP. I managed to get hold of some for my dad’s wife who lives abroad.

The weight loss injections have rave reviews online, basically you just lose like 80% of your appetite and the weight falls off. I’m not overweight but really tempted to get some to slim down a bit before Ibiza 🙈 I’ve put on a few kg recently as I cannot STOP eating toast late at night!!
I have been tempted but my BMI is 27.8 and think it has to be 30. Plus I do have health issues (PCOS, psoriasis, IBS) which I'm on strong medication for so worried about a reaction 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 4
To be fair most of the celebs obviously using it don’t have high BMI. You can put anything you like in the consultation to meet the criteria, no one is knocking on your door with scales to check (I’m not advocating this BTW) but genuinely please don’t. BMI is such a tit measure anyway

Reactions: 4
Bloody Tesco are cheeky buggars!

I got given a coupon for a free fabric conditioner and so I went in to Tesco this morning to grab this, as it's the kind we'd normally get anyway and so it was a great bargain. I picked up some other little bits too and when I scanned my clubcard, where the coupon was loaded, it took money off to get it down to clubcard price but it didn't come up as free. I only noticed because I was at self checkout so I could see everything, so called the lady over to ask for help as I was sure I'd done something wrong.

Turns out, Tesco sent out a load of coupons for free cleaning products and then decided to add a clubcard price to these products, so you don't meet the criteria for the free product. Instead, you have to not scan your clubcard and then just scan the coupon at the very end but you can't scan both or else it voids the voucher. I wonder how many people have added one of their 'free' products to their big shop and then not noticed that they'd actually paid for it after all...

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I was tempted to take weight loss drugs, but I was told by my GP if losing weight was easy everyone would be thinner. It's a long long process and a lot of it is breaking habits. Like the previous poster said, BMI is such a tit way of measuring weight.

Reactions: 10
Does anyone else bank with Chase? Yesterday they seem to have stopped claiming my cash back. I’ve paid the minimum into the account so it’s not that, when I click on the transactions it tells me it’s an excluded purchase. But it’s my food shop from sainsburys and clothes from M&S which previously I’ve received cash back for 🤔

Reactions: 1

Sorry, but no-one should be advocating buying unregulated drugs online - seriously dangerous and irresponsible.

Reactions: 22
They are licensed and approved for weightloss, I still don’t get how they’re able to sell them in online pharmacies without proper checks but could say that about lots of medicine you get online.

Reactions: 3
They are licensed and approved for weightloss, I still don’t get how they’re able to sell them in online pharmacies without proper checks but could say that about lots of medicine you get online.

Anybody that buys any drug online rather than going to their GP/Pharmacy is a moron IMVHO. You have NO idea what you're buying and it's the wild west.

Reactions: 11
Anybody that buys any drug online rather than going to their GP/Pharmacy is a moron IMVHO. You have NO idea what you're buying and it's the wild west.
From just a quick google I can see that reputable names such as Boots, Asda, Superdrug, Lloyds etc offering these treatments online without any in-person consultation which is what I think OP may have been referring to in their post. it is crazy though how readily available it all is - I could literally put anyones details in and as long as they match and I say that I fit the criteria which is easily googled, I can also purchase them even if I don't need them

• Sad
Reactions: 8