What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’ve had a stomach bug in the house the last two days, why does my husband still try and feed the kids when they’re clearly not over it? I think it’s the most idiotic thing in the bloody world, all the stomach keeps doing is ejecting the food and yet he keeps suggesting food? No!

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Liars again 🤬
My husband owns half my business so decided to deal with the difficult barman and his attitude towards me when I ask him to do things. The guy just basically spouted off a load of bollocks about how I’m supposedly a bully and that I’ve been getting right in his face and calling him stupid etc. My husband called him out on his bullshit as soon as that one came out as I’m the most physically distant person ever, I can’t even make eye contact with him never mind get in someone’s face.
It just boils down to this big ass baby of a guy not being able to take any bit of criticism about his performance at work and trying to turn things around so I’m at fault. I’m so bloody angry that I sent everyone home early and cleaned up the entire restaurant myself just so I could let off some steam.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
I feel like my mental health is getting worse. I feel worse in my skin. I am not taking very good care of myself. It's like I don't even feel like putting in effort for myself. I used to be such a high achiever and now I feel like I can only do the bare minimum.
My room is an absolute mess and it's stressing me out. I don't know what to wear anymore. I can't even bring myself to put on makeup or do my hair most days and I always feel ugly.
It doesn't help that I've had to travel back to my hometown three weekends in a row for various events. Last week we had a family thing, this week it was my brother's birthday and next week it's the elections and I have to go back to my hometown to vote.
During the week I have no time to do anything, and on the weekends I have to leave and I can't clean my house, tidy my wardrobe or do any of the things that make me feel put together. I hate it. When I get to stay at my house on the weekends I feel so much more relaxed and like I can face the new week with a fresh mindset.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I organised a small gathering with 3 friends, they’ve each taken it on themselves to invite other people and now it’s 6 coming, one of which I barely know. I just wanted a small thing with my close friends!! Pathetic of me but just annoying no-one even asked.
Liars again 🤬
My husband owns half my business so decided to deal with the difficult barman and his attitude towards me when I ask him to do things. The guy just basically spouted off a load of bollocks about how I’m supposedly a bully and that I’ve been getting right in his face and calling him stupid etc. My husband called him out on his bullshit as soon as that one came out as I’m the most physically distant person ever, I can’t even make eye contact with him never mind get in someone’s face.
It just boils down to this big ass baby of a guy not being able to take any bit of criticism about his performance at work and trying to turn things around so I’m at fault. I’m so bloody angry that I sent everyone home early and cleaned up the entire restaurant myself just so I could let off some steam.
Sorry you’re dealing with a really tough situation at work. I would say to start documenting everything and give feedback primarily in writing too. Start keeping records of your interactions with him. Note dates, times, and what was said.

If he’s not a good fit for your business now, it would be better to deal with the potential dismissal issue now during his probation period rather than two years down the line.

Seek real legal advice.
---
I feel like my mental health is getting worse. I feel worse in my skin. I am not taking very good care of myself. It's like I don't even feel like putting in effort for myself. I used to be such a high achiever and now I feel like I can only do the bare minimum.
My room is an absolute mess and it's stressing me out. I don't know what to wear anymore. I can't even bring myself to put on makeup or do my hair most days and I always feel ugly.
It doesn't help that I've had to travel back to my hometown three weekends in a row for various events. Last week we had a family thing, this week it was my brother's birthday and next week it's the elections and I have to go back to my hometown to vote.
During the week I have no time to do anything, and on the weekends I have to leave and I can't clean my house, tidy my wardrobe or do any of the things that make me feel put together. I hate it. When I get to stay at my house on the weekends I feel so much more relaxed and like I can face the new week with a fresh mindset.
It’s easy to be hard on yourself when you’re not feeling your best, but try to be kind and patient with yourself. Recognize that you’re doing the best you can.

The mess in your room might feel overwhelming, but start with just one corner or one surface. Put some music on or a podcast. It’s also okay to leave it until you feel better. I’ve cleaned my friends flat,when she couldn’t. Or could you hire someone even if it was just for one hour a week?

Try creating a capsule wardrobe. This can reduce the stress of decision-making each morning.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Update on my earlier rant … he’s resigned with immediate effect after being called out on his lies. No great loss but unfortunately he’s taken another staff member with him as they’re very close friends.
I’m feeling sad and disappointed as I’ve worked hard to build a good team environment and this person has put a real dampener on things. I pride myself on being a decent employer who respects their staff. Your as likely to find me scrubbing the toilets as anyone else so I obviously expect everyone else to be a team player too. He’s also been pocketing tips rather than adding to the jar which I find pretty abhorrent 😠
Being the boss really sucks sometimes 🥺

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
HOW ON EARTH DO YOU PUT ON A SCREEN PROTECTOR WITHOUT LOSING YOUR EVER LOVING MIND?!
Used the tape it came with, the duster cloth, the alcohol wipe and still there are bubbles.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
HOW ON EARTH DO YOU PUT ON A SCREEN PROTECTOR WITHOUT LOSING YOUR EVER LOVING MIND?!
Used the tape it came with, the duster cloth, the alcohol wipe and still there are bubbles.
My mum, who's in her 60s, has to do it for me otherwise I would be down a phone and my marbles. It's awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Crochet dresses / tops

HOW am I supposed to wear them? They are literally see through. I thought they were beach wear yet here I am confused if I’m wearing it with a slip or just my underwear?
I’m too old for this.

Reactions: 5
Nude/matching/contrasting underwear if you’re happy enough with that option
Or a slip or bodysuit
Some of them aren’t as see through as you might think

Reactions: 2
My prevaricating is getting worse 😡
In fairness I know I’m practicing my own form of escapism - so many demands on my time yet no one really seeks me out for simple good company and nice memories; but that’s another issue.
But I really really need to clear a room out today before a decorator comes next week and I keep taking breaks - long ones!!
Oh - and I really really wish I could see or speak to my mum without her asking if I’ve lost any weight 🙀

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ive mentioned something similar before, but I have this nagging sick feeling (probably anxiety) that im going mad or can't cope anymore. I feel alone even when there are people around etc. mostly though I have to be alright in my own company and i just hate it. It's getting so old now. I've considered tinder but you know, 😕 probably not. The boy I see is also being an inconsiderate dick and i am so tired of being affected by other peoples behaviour towards me. It's no so easy as saying f*** it let em go. Wish it was. I want to take a tablet that removes bad memories of people from my head then I'd be ok. Also I had a doctor write me a note to end my membership at the gym but mental health isn't a good enough reason so now I look like a dick too. I feel like i made a big song n dance over nothing, but honestly I do get major anxiety at the gym so im not being lazy. Sometimes I do wanna go but going back I feel stupid now, coz I kinda got angry at the gym owner for being unhelpful towards mental health. I wish I could thrive alone but I can't. I've got stuff to be grateful for too but I don't feel it and then I feel more bad.

• Heart
Sorry you’re dealing with a really tough situation at work. I would say to start documenting everything and give feedback primarily in writing too. Start keeping records of your interactions with him. Note dates, times, and what was said.

If he’s not a good fit for your business now, it would be better to deal with the potential dismissal issue now during his probation period rather than two years down the line.

Seek real legal advice.
---

It’s easy to be hard on yourself when you’re not feeling your best, but try to be kind and patient with yourself. Recognize that you’re doing the best you can.

The mess in your room might feel overwhelming, but start with just one corner or one surface. Put some music on or a podcast. It’s also okay to leave it until you feel better. I’ve cleaned my friends flat,when she couldn’t. Or could you hire someone even if it was just for one hour a week?

Try creating a capsule wardrobe. This can reduce the stress of decision-making each morning.
Thank you for the advice, I always think about decluttering and making a capsule wadrobe but it's almost as overwhelming as the mess lol. I don't have a car so I can't easily drive my stuff to the dump or some place that will take donations. I also have a ton of books left over from my studies that I need to throw away (I've already sold all the books that I could sell). I really need to just get a couple large boxes, borrow a car for a day and get rid of all the garbage I don't need or wear anymore.

Reactions: 6
Deleted - will bore you all to tears! :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Our builder thinking it's okay to just pop in on a Sunday early evening to talk about work since he lives close and it's a good time for him, totally unannuonced.

I am literally shaking with rage and feel so angry I want to vomit.

I have had two years of constant instrusion and there is not one day now where I can feel safe that just maybe I'll be left in peace to roam around freely in my own house.

I'm already not sleeping and having medical issues due to the stress of first moving and then home reno.

I wish I was dead.

• Sad
  • Heart
Thank you for the advice, I always think about decluttering and making a capsule wadrobe but it's almost as overwhelming as the mess lol. I don't have a car so I can't easily drive my stuff to the dump or some place that will take donations. I also have a ton of books left over from my studies that I need to throw away (I've already sold all the books that I could sell). I really need to just get a couple large boxes, borrow a car for a day and get rid of all the garbage I don't need or wear anymore.
Some charities will come and collect. I've donated to British Heart Foundation in this way. The last time I did it family asked if I could include their stuff, which they brought round for the lorry to take when it came round.
An ex neighbour also donated to a different charity when she moved - they just came and took the lot.
There are also local initiatives.

Reactions: 5
Ugh, I am sorry. I've calmed down but I did not need to be such a drama queen and have tanturms like that. Though it does make me feel better to get it out somewhere even if just a thread like this.

• Heart
I don’t have a car either. Depending on your location you can get a handyman company to come to you to collect anything. The companies I was looking at yesterday said they also recycled whatever they could.

There’s a few good YouTube channels on how to build a capsule wardrobe. There’s no set number of items you need to have though.

Go at your own pace.
---
Ugh, I am sorry. I've calmed down but I did not need to be such a drama queen and have tanturms like that. Though it does make me feel better to get it out somewhere even if just a thread like this.
You don’t have to apologise for posting. Suicidal feelings are not you being a drama queen. Hope you are feeling better. The builder was wrong to come over without an appointment.

Just in case you needed someone to talk to.

https://www.maytree.org.uk/

• Heart
Reactions: 9
In laws. Even when you limit your interactions with them and set boundaries, they are always gonna be in your life (whilst you’re with your partner) so the inevitable annoyance/disappointment will always happen. I try to not let things get to me but every now and then it really gets me down, how they can make me feel and I only really have myself to blame for being too good to them when they’ve shown me they don’t return the favour

• Sad
Doncaster Market place car park has suddenly decided to start charging a pound for parking on a Sunday apparently signs up for ages but when you only go on a Sunday you don't read the signs near pay and display, luckily when we parked we saw the parking enforcement going round putting fines on people's cars before we left the car park so we didn't get a fine.

Reactions: 4
If you’re a grandparent and you’re reading this, PLEASE listen to the parents rules! We don’t put them in place for fun, it’s not to spoil your fun either, we’re trying to keep a tiny child safe and your insistence on bending/breaking anything we set in place will do nothing to make that child love you more and everything to make your own child love you less! Stop! It! 😤